Women often treat little kids in a gender-neutral manner. Shouldn't men?

Posted in the Preschoolers Forum

Comments
1 - 1 of 1 Comments Last updated Apr 22, 2012
Charlotte

San Diego, CA

#1 Apr 22, 2012
Hi:

I notice women usually treat pre-pubescent children in a gender-neutral. However men usually favor little girls over little boys. Why?

For example, if a little boy and girl get into a physical altercation [which the girl instigates] and the adult in charge is a woman, she will most likely see both sides of story and treat the children fairly. However, if the adult in charge is a man, he will usually side with the girl and unfairly-punish the boy for "hitting a girl". I don't understand why?

I understand that boys should be taught specifically not to hit adult women so these boys don't grow up to be men who abuse women. However, under no circumstance, should a little boy be taught to treat a little girl differently from another little boy.

As adults, women aren't as strong as men, are more delicate than men and can get or be pregnant while men can't. However, as little kids, girls are no more vulnerable [in the aforementioned aspects] nor are they less mischievous than boys of the same age.

Men and boys should treat a little girl in the same way they treat little boys. There is nothing special about a little kid being a girl. She is no more precious than a boy of the same age.

Please post your inputs.

Thanks so much,

Charlotte

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Preschoolers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Study: Make kids' weight loss a family affair Aug 5 Mongo Lloyd 1
4 takeaways from Kasich and Columbus Mayor Cole... Jul '14 They cannot kill ... 6
Preschool intern accused of making kids touch h... Jul '14 Person 1
child refuses to go to preschool (Mar '06) Jun '14 Andrea 89
Many Minnesota preschoolers with autism miss ea... Apr '14 Sangelia 6
Caucasian Boys Show Highest Prevalence of Color... Apr '14 Zombie Corpse Rental 11
Rise in childhood cavities - (Oct '07) Apr '14 DrStewart 4
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Preschoolers People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••