Politics of Parenting: The Criminaliz...

Politics of Parenting: The Criminalization of Mothers Who are Poor and Women of Color

There are 1 comment on the Uprisingradio.org story from Jul 17, 2014, titled Politics of Parenting: The Criminalization of Mothers Who are Poor and Women of Color. In it, Uprisingradio.org reports that:

A few decades ago, a child playing alone at the park would have raised few eyebrows, but today it can be the cause for criminal action against parents.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Uprisingradio.org.

Never Understand

Beverly, MA

#1 Jul 17, 2014
I will never understand why someone who is poor would want to bring a child into that situation.

Even people who make enough money often underestimate the cost of raising kids. Many would be fine of they had just one, but then go on to have a couple more and then find themselves in poverty.

That's when my tolerance and good graces have been used up.

Birth control is a lot cheaper than raising kids.

Once you breed yourself into poverty, well yes,that is criminal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fewer Women Are Having Babies Than Ever Before Mon Actual Science 6
Kids will ruin your life (Jun '10) Sun annals 198
Should I Spank my sons over the Pants, over the... (Apr '14) Aug 24 Nick 16
News Irish gay marriage referendum campaigner warns ... Aug 23 Fa-Foxy 8
News Judge Byrd reprimanded in Wilson County case (Feb '08) Aug 17 Pepper 188
News Barack Obama's daughter Malia filmed smoking we... Aug 13 Serratus Anterior 1
News Making GOP history, Trump vows to protect LGBTQ... Aug 7 GCT 12
More from around the web