How to Cope With Head Lice

How to Cope With Head Lice

There are 6 comments on the 5News KFSM story from Jan 25, 2010, titled How to Cope With Head Lice. In it, 5News KFSM reports that:

The best advice on how to get rid of the pests and keep them from coming back. Julie Landry Laviolette McClatchy Newspapers January 25, 2010 Talk about a head scratcher.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 5News KFSM.

suzy

Burnettsville, IN

#1 Jan 27, 2010
Does using a ton of hairspray or wearing a scarf while working in a day care that might possibly have a lice problem help to keep from getting lice?
Patrick Keyes

Roselle, IL

#2 Feb 9, 2010
Poor hygiene may not be a factor in contracting head lice. But having a clean environment is EXTREMELY important when treating head lice infections. AT least according to this site-http://www.lice-head.com/ head-lice-in-schools/ "Head lice are treated with special pediculicide shampoos. It is important to follow the instructions on these shampoo bottles thoroughly, and to follow up as directed. A very important part of treating head lice is keeping the child’s environment clean. "

Unfortunately much of the burden is on the schools. I had a child with head lice and it spread to 50% of the kids in his grade.
Interested

Van Buren, AR

#3 Feb 9, 2010
I'll tell you what an "old wives tale" is about preventing head lice. I was told if you use a hair dryer every day on hot you don't have to worry about head lice. You might try it. I worked with children for 33 years and did not get them, and I made sure to use the hair dryer every day.
Anonimous

Turin, Italy

#4 Feb 10, 2010
I work in a day care center with children who come from very poor environments and often have head lice trouble. I prevent any personal infection by rinsing my hair every day with an infusion made of half a pound of lavender flowers and half a pound of thyme leaves per gallon of water. Boil the water. Add the lavender and the thyme and set aside for 10 minutes. Then filter. Lice hate that smell and it won't stress your hair like hair dryers, hairspray, or preventive pediculicide shampoos do. Simple but very effective.
Scott

San Jose, CA

#7 Dec 11, 2012
Lice are horrible I know. We got them as a family too, but you CAN get rid of them, and really don't think you are dirty at ALL!!! They actually like the clean hair better...i know its hard to kill them now, they are immune to the chemicals in the shampoos like rid or nix. We used wwww.licetokill.com and thank GOD it worked. We never got them again, thank goodness. knock on wood....day cares get them a lot of course since there are tons of kids there...so "Anonimous" in italy, good luck with that...thats hard! Scott
Sam

Arnold, MO

#8 Dec 11, 2012
Shave said kids hair off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ben Bradlee Jr. to speak at Dallas Childrena s ... Apr 18 Micha Moresheth 2
Kids will ruin your life (Jun '10) Apr 16 kevin rains 209
News 'Roseanne' Recap: Darlene's Daughter Pushes Ros... Apr 7 Raven 1
News Parents face many challenges in discussing sex ... Apr 6 Logic Analysis 2
News Planned Parenthood boss: Kushner threatened to ... Apr 5 cpeter1313 1
News Law would let courts restore parental rights (Apr '07) Mar 24 babymama505 198
News Chris Selley: Motherisk is the Ontario Liberals... Mar 22 onlibpartysite 2