Can Spanish survive in the USA?

Can Spanish survive in the USA?

There are 91 comments on the Journal and Courier story from Sep 21, 2013, titled Can Spanish survive in the USA?. In it, Journal and Courier reports that:

For Susana Rivera-Mills, it was moving in 1982 from El Salvador to San Francisco at the vulnerable age of 12-and not knowing how to speak a word of English.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Journal and Courier.

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#76 Sep 23, 2013
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is our friend?
Are you joking? Israel is begging the United States to release their spy , Jonathan Pollard , who is in jail in the united states because he was a spy for Israel and spying on Americans!
Israel murdered 34 U.S. Servicemen on the USS Liberty in cold blood! The survivors on the USS Liberty are still protesting against our government to take action against Israel for almost murdering them , using a chemical weapon against them , and murdering 34 of their own! The United States politicians and media refuse to answer questions or talk about the time when Israel slaughtered American Servicemen , they simply ignore the question! When John Mccain was asked during a memorial day speech why he honored all other American troops that lost their lives defending this country but would not honor those that Israel killed on the USS Liberty , he called the guy a jerk and had security to remove him! The guy was sent to ask John Mccain this question on behalf of the survivors of the USS Liberty!
In 2009 ... A Jewish Judge found Israel guilty of War Crimes , using civilians as human shields , using the chemical weapon white phosphorous against innocent civilians , and also crimes against humanity! The Judge that found them guilty was Justice Goldstone and he is the highest ranking judicial official in the whole world!
When the world voted on a bill that would punish Israel for their crimes against humanity ... The united states vetoed the resolution and saved Israel's ass!
Israel has never been your friend!
Israel did not help you in the Korean War. Israel did not help you in the Vietnam war. Israel did not help you in Iraq. Israel did not help you in Afghanistan!
And when Israel was trying to get you to fight their war in Iran , Israeli newspapers talked about how it should be the United States that went to war against Iran and not Israel. The newspaper articles also talked about how Jewish blood was too valuable to spare in a war against Iran. They went on to say that the Jewish members of congress needed to be pressured into sending the less valuable people in to fight their war ... The United States Military! The Gentiles!( non jews )
stop with the lies already...you want to know the truth?

israel exists because the MUSLIM ottoman empire DOESN'T.

listen up, genius.

before world war one, the area where israel and pretty much of the countries in that area were part of a country called the "ottoman empire".

after losing to the allies (france, UK, usa, etc) in world war one, the ottoman empire stopped existing. the empire was essentially broken up as spoils of war and divided up amongst the victors.

that is why israel is able to become a country now.

and all you crybaby arabs muslims have been whining about their loss ever since then.

care to acknowledge how the ottoman empire became an empire in the first place?..they conquered all these other nations over the course of 500+ years to become an empire.

and now they are crying because someone else took the land from them.

poor crybabies.

if you don't believe the above, just google the ottoman empire. it's all there for those of you who can read.

as for palestinians, there aren't any. those self-proclaimed palestinians are arabs. arafat was an egyptian arab.

Location hidden

#79 Sep 23, 2013
b4its2late wrote:
<quoted text>People must stop the white flight. Stand and fight
we must bring our troops home and post them on our borders to protect us from the invaders.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#81 Sep 23, 2013
b4its2late wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, so what? Canada is cool. mexico sucks. I consider Canada a friend and mexico an enemy. It has everything to do with attitude. So, I will say fk you to everyone that wants to try to use the bogus race card. Canada is class, and quality. mexico is a bunch of corrupt trash. I say cut off mexico and open or expand other markets.
Good thing you are not in a position of power. Flipping off your second biggest trading partner is not a good move. Many jobs would be lost.
Freedom

Louisville, KY

#82 Sep 23, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>stop with the lies already...you want to know the truth?

listen up, genius.

before world war one, the area where israel and pretty much of the countries in that area were part of a country called the "ottoman empire".

after losing to the allies (france, UK, usa, etc) in world war one, the ottoman empire stopped existing. the empire was essentially broken up as spoils of war and divided up amongst the victors.

and all you crybaby arabs muslims have been whining about their loss ever since then.

care to acknowledge how the ottoman empire became an empire in the first place?..they conquered all these other nations over the course of 500+ years to become an empire.

poor crybabies.

if you don't believe the above, just google the ottoman empire. it's all there for those of you who can read.

as for palestinians, there aren't any. those self-proclaimed palestinians are arabs. arafat was an egyptian arab.
first of all ... Genius.....
Im white ... Not Arab

Second of all... Your half truths and ability to repeat a story that zionist Israeli Propagandists tell when trying to defend their theft and occupation of Palestine tell me that you have become a victim to a phenomenon known as western media propaganda!

Israel is a terrorist state that illegally transfers its citizens into another people 's land that it occupies!

This is a war crime !
Freedom

Louisville, KY

#83 Sep 23, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:

listen up, genius.

poor crybabies.

There ARE A SUCH THING YOU RACIST KARATE CHOPPING DICK !!!

The truth is ... RECENT ACADEMICS ARE DISCOVERING RIGHT NOW THAT THE ISRAELIS WHO CLAIM TO BE DECENDANTS OF KING DAVID ... HAVE NO RELATION WHAT SO EVER TO THE ISRAELITES OF THE BIBLE!!!

Now go make me some more iphones!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#84 Sep 23, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
we must bring our troops home and post them on our borders to protect us from the invaders.
Just deploy the soldiers at Ft. Bliss to guard the borders and set up checkpoints, also to reclaim the national parks that have been taken over by the cartels.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#85 Sep 23, 2013
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all ... Genius.....
Im white ... Not Arab
Second of all... Your half truths and ability to repeat a story that zionist Israeli Propagandists tell when trying to defend their theft and occupation of Palestine tell me that you have become a victim to a phenomenon known as western media propaganda!
Israel is a terrorist state that illegally transfers its citizens into another people 's land that it occupies!
This is a war crime !
Zionist Israeli propagantists? Wow, you read more and more like a radical Muslim, nothing against Muslims, unless they're radicals.
Memo From Turner

Bellmore, NY

#87 Sep 23, 2013
OneRepublic wrote:
<quoted text>
Just deploy the soldiers at Ft. Bliss to guard the borders and set up checkpoints, also to reclaim the national parks that have been taken over by the cartels.
Should be easy enough. There are 8500 people at Fort Bliss with only 2000 miles of Mexican border to patrol. Assuming they never sleep, eat or take bathroom breaks we could place a man every quarter mile. The great sequoias will have to defend themselves though.
Brenda besson

United States

#88 Sep 23, 2013
Not Lashandra wrote:
<quoted text>
I would never capitalize your name, susan. That would insinuate that you are someone to be respected.
ok f.u. Wanda.
Brenda besson

United States

#89 Sep 23, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
you sound more and more like a muslim.
lol you are not kidding !!!
Freedom

Louisville, KY

#90 Sep 23, 2013
OneRepublic wrote:
<quoted text>Zionist Israeli propagantists? Wow, you read more and more like a radical Muslim, nothing against Muslims, unless they're radicals.
And you sound like a radical christian fundamentalist, nothing against christians!
ima-Ilis Myka Ashanti

El Paso, TX

#91 Sep 23, 2013
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel is our friend?
Are you joking? Israel is begging the United States to release their spy , Jonathan Pollard , who is in jail in the united states because he was a spy for Israel and spying on Americans!
Israel murdered 34 U.S. Servicemen on the USS Liberty in cold blood! The survivors on the USS Liberty are still protesting against our government to take action against Israel for almost murdering them , using a chemical weapon against them , and murdering 34 of their own! The United States politicians and media refuse to answer questions or talk about the time when Israel slaughtered American Servicemen , they simply ignore the question! When John Mccain was asked during a memorial day speech why he honored all other American troops that lost their lives defending this country but would not honor those that Israel killed on the USS Liberty , he called the guy a jerk and had security to remove him! The guy was sent to ask John Mccain this question on behalf of the survivors of the USS Liberty!
In 2009 ... A Jewish Judge found Israel guilty of War Crimes , using civilians as human shields , using the chemical weapon white phosphorous against innocent civilians , and also crimes against humanity! The Judge that found them guilty was Justice Goldstone and he is the highest ranking judicial official in the whole world!
When the world voted on a bill that would punish Israel for their crimes against humanity ... The united states vetoed the resolution and saved Israel's ass!
Israel has never been your friend!
Israel did not help you in the Korean War. Israel did not help you in the Vietnam war. Israel did not help you in Iraq. Israel did not help you in Afghanistan!
And when Israel was trying to get you to fight their war in Iran , Israeli newspapers talked about how it should be the United States that went to war against Iran and not Israel. The newspaper articles also talked about how Jewish blood was too valuable to spare in a war against Iran. They went on to say that the Jewish members of congress needed to be pressured into sending the less valuable people in to fight their war ... The United States Military! The Gentiles!( non jews )
what ever it is you're trying to accomplish with your garbage.....it isn't working so SHUT-UP!
Freedom

Louisville, KY

#92 Sep 23, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:

listen up, genius.

poor crybabies.

Now ... You claim that there are no such as Palestine or Palestinians.:)

Jews have spread this lie around in recent years to combat the realization that many more people around the world now know more about the Palestinian situation than just what the Jewish Controlled Media Narrated to them!

It is a necessary lie for them.

Do you know what is amazing?
In Britain ... In the House Of Commons
In the corridor leading up to the central lobby ..... There is something on the wall
Dated 1189 referring to King Richard getting on a boat... Getting ready to go on a Crusade to a land called Palestine!
IN THE 12th CENTURY!!!!!

:)

Now go make me some iphones!
BigEd

San Francisco, CA

#93 Sep 23, 2013
English is the language here in the US, learn it and speak it. Your being left out of a lot of opportunities and I know there are people taking advantage of you because of it. BUT, do not forget your heritage and teach it to your younger ones. A second language is always good and will get you a bit further. I wish my grandparents would of kept my German heritage going.

“Tutte le strade portano a Roma”

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#94 Sep 23, 2013
BigEd wrote:
English is the language here in the US, learn it and speak it. Your being left out of a lot of opportunities and I know there are people taking advantage of you because of it. BUT, do not forget your heritage and teach it to your younger ones. A second language is always good and will get you a bit further. I wish my grandparents would of kept my German heritage going.
"I wish my grandparents would of kept my German heritage going."

They could have taught you English too.

Location hidden

#96 Sep 24, 2013
Freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Now ... You claim that there are no such as Palestine or Palestinians.:)
Jews have spread this lie around in recent years to combat the realization that many more people around the world now know more about the Palestinian situation than just what the Jewish Controlled Media Narrated to them!
It is a necessary lie for them.
Do you know what is amazing?
In Britain ... In the House Of Commons
In the corridor leading up to the central lobby ..... There is something on the wall
Dated 1189 referring to King Richard getting on a boat... Getting ready to go on a Crusade to a land called Palestine!
IN THE 12th CENTURY!!!!!
:)
Now go make me some iphones!
before there was the internet, you muslims could lie all day and get away with it. but not now, muslim.

your kitman and taqiyya is not working anymore, muslim.
linda

Lewisburg, OH

#98 Sep 24, 2013
Rambeaux wrote:
My maternal grandparents were Portuguese immigrants (came through Ellis Island) and spoke mostly the Portuguese language with a smattering of English. Mom was fluent in both Portuguese and English, but spoke to us kids in English only, and did not encourage us to learn the Portuguese tongue. Years later, my siblings and I cannot speak, read, or understand Portuguese.
And I am sure the same situation exists for the grandchildren of Italian and Polish immigrants.
Same here. My grandpa came via Ellis Island, and only spoke Itilian. Once he became a U.S. citizen he taught himself English and refused to speak Itilian, and none of his American children ever spoke Itilian
linda

Lewisburg, OH

#99 Sep 24, 2013
VorenusI wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry. The mean sign was not intended for you. Some smart ass is talking about the way you said "should of" instead of "should have".. I never knew anything of my heritage either. Never knew uncles, aunts, cousins etc,
Freedom

Tinley Park, IL

#100 Sep 24, 2013
Asian Guy wrote:
<quoted text>before there was the internet, you muslims could lie all day and get away with it. but not now, muslim.

your kitman and taqiyya is not working anymore, muslim.
Haha

The internet is the exact reason that barack obama had a mere 11 percent support of the American people to bomb Syria!

People are finally breaking away from the mainstream media and starting to follow independent media from online sources!

THIS IS WHY THE GOVERNMENT WANTED TO CENSOR THE INTERNET!
Israel used to be able to commit their war crimes and lie about it to the American public and no one in the media never questioned their lies!

Now .... With the invention of youtube ... It is harder and harder for Israel to lie about its crimes against humanity!

Hillary Clinton even expressed the need for the United States to battle independent news networks by stepping up their propaganda efforts AGAINST the american people to make sure that they never got to hear the other side of the story!

It is amazing! The american government actually talked about how they are worried that their mainstream controlled media may be less effective when brainwashing the sheeple because of other news networks that are rising up in America!

Hillary then said that the US was fighting a information war and that they were losing the information war and needed to combat the independant media that simply do not lie to the people on behalf of the government!

There is one thing they definately for sure though ....
Asian Guy has fallen hook, line, and sinker to every lie that was told to him on mainstream media!

The US claim to have free and independent media , but they threw press tv off of the air and off of youtube because the government was angry that Press TV were talking about things like when when israel murdered 34 american servicemen on the USS liberty! You are not supposed to know about stuff like this .... So they threw press tv off the air for reporting stories that made israel look bad
Courtney Caverhall

Phoenix, AZ

#102 Sep 24, 2013
VorenusI wrote:
<quoted text>
They could have taught you MANNERS

Bitter Latino

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should I Spank my sons over the Pants, over the... (Apr '14) Wed Nick 16
News Irish gay marriage referendum campaigner warns ... Aug 23 Fa-Foxy 8
News Judge Byrd reprimanded in Wilson County case (Feb '08) Aug 17 Pepper 188
News Barack Obama's daughter Malia filmed smoking we... Aug 13 Serratus Anterior 1
News Fewer Women Are Having Babies Than Ever Before Aug 11 Serratus Anterior 5
News Making GOP history, Trump vows to protect LGBTQ... Aug 7 GCT 12
News From crisis to success: How community groups ar... Aug 7 no wonder 1
More from around the web