New Study: No Difference Between Gay & Straight Adoptive Parents

There are 20 comments on the EDGE story from Jul 29, 2013, titled New Study: No Difference Between Gay & Straight Adoptive Parents. In it, EDGE reports that:

A recently released study by the Williams Institute confirms there is no difference in the behavioral outcomes of adopted children raised in same-sex households when compared to those raised by heterosexual couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“Educating the uneducated”

Since: Aug 12

Montreal

#150 Aug 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Wow, shifted to denial and more gay troll ad homoans attacks.
Here is another one;
http://www.sciencedaily.com/
releases/2012/06/120610151302. htm
Dr. Marks reviewed studies published between 1980 and 2005 cited by the 2005 official APA brief which asserted that: "Not a single study has found children of lesbian or gay parents to be disadvantaged in any significant respect relative to children of heterosexual parents."
"The jury is still out on whether being raised by same-sex parents disadvantages children," explains Marks. "However, the available data on which the APA draws its conclusions, derived primarily from small convenience samples, are insufficient to support a strong generalized claim either way."
Of the 59 studies referenced in the APA brief, more than three-quarters were based on small, non-representative, non-random samples that did not include any minority individuals or families; nearly half lacked a heterosexual comparison group; and few examined outcomes that extend beyond childhood such as intergenerational poverty, educational attainment, and criminality, which are a key focus of studies on children of divorce, remarriage, and cohabitation. In other words, "A lack of high quality data leaves the most significant questions unaddressed and unanswered," concludes Marks.
<quoted text>
Laughs on you.
The Marks study was published in conjunction with the Regnerus study. It accentuated the difference between lesbian studies and the Regnerus study.
Snicker hug.
It's just wonderful!
You should be a comedian, you really are the best at making a fool of yourself and not even realizing it!

More Kmart twirl, better watch out you don't knock something over.

Hey, by the way, how's that line going, you know, the one where you say that everyone else is insane because they don't have a paper to prove it, while you do?
You did admit to buying your paper-provider off too.

Montreal

#151 Aug 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I like to mock stupidity.
You only further expose it.
You have a hissy fit about a classic cultural tease, but ignore your stupidity being exposed.
Like I said, blonde...
You mean you like to mock yourself?
I see that quite clearly with your public displays of extreme ignorance and stupidity.

Carry on.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#152 Aug 3, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's just wonderful!
You should be a comedian, you really are the best at making a fool of yourself and not even realizing it!
More Kmart twirl, better watch out you don't knock something over.
Hey, by the way, how's that line going, you know, the one where you say that everyone else is insane because they don't have a paper to prove it, while you do?
You did admit to buying your paper-provider off too.
Scoffing is your answer?

That is an example of why my paper has the validation of reality, and yours doesn't.

Smile.
Not Easily Fooled

Alpharetta, GA

#153 Aug 3, 2013
Rudy wrote:
To put children in the hands of homosexuals is CHILD ABUSE!
KEEP QUEERS AWY FROM KIDS!
Are you a kid?

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#154 Aug 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Scoffing is your answer?
That is an example of why my paper has the validation of reality, and yours doesn't.
Smile.
And, still, you don't know any gay couples and their kids. It's always easy to be an armchair expert, it doesn't require much, does it? And it's not like you need any actual proof of your claims.

You can just repeat them ad-nauseum, regardless of how many times they've been shot down.

Location hidden

#155 Aug 3, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
And, still, you don't know any gay couples and their kids. It's always easy to be an armchair expert, it doesn't require much, does it? And it's not like you need any actual proof of your claims.
You can just repeat them ad-nauseum, regardless of how many times they've been shot down.
Who said I didn't know any? I've lived my whole life around homosexuals. My best friend through school is gay.

But the thing that tops all is this; I am a lesbian trapped in a straight man! You know nothing compared to me!

It is also true that simple common sense validates my points, but the fact is, I do post scientific validation. You girls are the ones who keep wanting to change the subject from science to faith!
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#156 Aug 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Marks looked at existing studies and exposed the weakneses. No different than what was done with Regnerus, only fairer. Did you look at the study?
Regnerus tried to find stable ss couples and could not. That isn't a failure of the study, it is a failure of ss couples!
Oh puh-leez. What a joke you are. Regnerus' methodology was FLAWED.

PERIOD.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#157 Aug 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said I didn't know any? I've lived my whole life around homosexuals. My best friend through school is gay.
But the thing that tops all is this; I am a lesbian trapped in a straight man! You know nothing compared to me!
It is also true that simple common sense validates my points, but the fact is, I do post scientific validation. You girls are the ones who keep wanting to change the subject from science to faith!
hahahahahahaha\

ahhahahahahahaha
ajahahhahahahahah

ahahahhahahahaha
ahahahahahahah

You are one arrogant piece of work.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#158 Aug 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Scoffing is your answer?
It works for you.... or, you THINK it does.

Montreal

#159 Aug 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Scoffing is your answer?

Smile.
It's funny how you believe that having a paper to say you're sane (one you bribed to get approved) makes you more sane.
In order to receive that paper, your sanity has to have been questioned.

It is not scoffing, it is calling it what it is.
You spin your Kmart twirling stick all around and ignore reality.
Your arguments have been debunked time and time again, and your repetition of your fallacies is boring.

Montreal

#160 Aug 3, 2013
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>And, still, you don't know any gay couples and their kids. It's always easy to be an armchair expert, it doesn't require much, does it? And it's not like you need any actual proof of your claims.

Kmart is special though, he is mostly a troll, less so of a fundie.

Montreal

#161 Aug 3, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>Who said I didn't know any? I've lived my whole life around homosexuals. My best friend through school is gay.

Why did you eat a lesbian?

Location hidden

#162 Aug 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
It's funny how you believe that having a paper to say you're sane (one you bribed to get approved) makes you more sane.
In order to receive that paper, your sanity has to have been questioned.
It is not scoffing, it is calling it what it is.
You spin your Kmart twirling stick all around and ignore reality.
Your arguments have been debunked time and time again, and your repetition of your fallacies is boring.
You have a piece of paper that violates visible, obvious differences, culture, science, religion and the very design of nature's god and the God of nature to name a few.

I have a scientifically validated paper that is validated by my success at life. No one questioned my sanity, I asked peers for verification to answer people in denial.

An unbiased person would readily confirm the validity of my piece of paper.

Hence, I have validation of my sanity, and YOU are afraid to even ask family and friends to validate yours!

All of this exposes your claim about who deals with reality as false and reversed!

If you had any remnant of common sense, you'd be asking me to help you get sanity validation. I've shown I know how to get it from members of the APA!

Location hidden

#163 Aug 4, 2013
Lacez wrote:
<quoted text>
Why did you eat a lesbian?
Isn't that what she wants?
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#164 Aug 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a piece of paper that violates visible, obvious differences, culture, science, religion and the very design of nature's god and the God of nature to name a few.
So you're unpatriotic. What else is new. The minute you bring up god, your argument is rejected, thank you 1st Amendment and founding fathers. They would have put you back on the boat.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#165 Aug 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
I have a scientifically validated paper that is validated by my success at life. No one questioned my sanity, I asked peers for verification to answer people in denial.
Too bad you haven't had any success at telling the truth. Psychiatrists are NOT your peers, you dolt (they have advanced medical degrees... I doubt if you graduated from high school). And they wouldn't give such a letter without a lengthy interview.

“No Headline available”

Since: Jan 08

Defiance, Ohio

#166 Aug 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Aww, isn't that cute. That you have been successful in life, or claim to be, is not scientific validation.

What a heel you are to think your life is any more valid than another, as you argue for fellow citizens to be treated as second class citizens with less then equal protection of the laws.

you really are pretty full of yourself.
Rose Feratu

Hoboken, NJ

#167 Aug 4, 2013
lides wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww, isn't that cute. That you have been successful in life, or claim to be, is not scientific validation.
What a heel you are to think your life is any more valid than another, as you argue for fellow citizens to be treated as second class citizens with less then equal protection of the laws.
you really are pretty full of yourself.
agreed

Location hidden

#168 Aug 4, 2013
Rose Feratu wrote:
<quoted text>agreed
I'm shocked!

Montreal

#169 Aug 4, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>You have a piece of paper that violates visible, obvious differences, culture, science, religion and the very design of nature's god and the God of nature to name a few.

An unbiased person would readily confirm the validity of my piece of paper.

Hence, I have validation of my sanity, and YOU are afraid to even ask family and friends to validate yours!

All of this exposes your claim about who deals with reality as false and reversed!

If you had any remnant of common sense, you'd be asking me to help you get sanity validation. I've shown I know how to get it from members of the APA!
You claim I have a paper, what paper would that be?
Oh, I know, one you don't have.
A diploma.

I have no need to ask for confirmation of my sanity, since it is not in question.
Yours, however, is in question all the time. Specifically because you can experience things and claim they don't exist, hence your ignorance of reality.

Though you'll spin your Kmart twirl and lie ad-nauseum, along with repeating the same arguments over an over that are riddled with so many holes they look like cartoon Swiss cheese.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Tell the Children the Truth 3 hr HumanSpirit 2
News How to teach students not to do everything they... 16 hr tom wingo 2
News How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... (Nov '14) Sun dee lightful 1,262
News Poor financial choices have hurt our nation Apr 27 clowns 2
News 5 Ways Infertility Can Destroy Your Marriage Apr 16 Kavadonga 8
News 'Free-range kids' parents Danielle and Alexande... Apr 15 fedupwiththemess 1
News Free-range kids busted again Apr 15 fedupwiththemess 1
More from around the web