New Study: No Difference Between Gay ...

New Study: No Difference Between Gay & Straight Adoptive Parents

There are 197 comments on the EDGE story from Jul 29, 2013, titled New Study: No Difference Between Gay & Straight Adoptive Parents. In it, EDGE reports that:

A recently released study by the Williams Institute confirms there is no difference in the behavioral outcomes of adopted children raised in same-sex households when compared to those raised by heterosexual couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#23 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor can you 'give' me a legitimate study of children who grow up in gay homes, can you?
We have one, you ignored it because it did not support your bigoted opinion.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#24 Jul 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Forgive me if I do not believe a word you state, considering you are now not only changing your own inference but also twisting the actual topic here. Scientific understanding demonstrates you are incorrect. Adoptive parents are more likely to be far more loving of their children than others, end of story.
My statement was that natural parents provide the best outcome for children BY FAR. This is compared to any other default family. I exposed the deceptive heading of this thread and the study it mentions.

I have not changed any inference, you are the one doing that.

Now you make an interesting claim. It is not about child outcomes, it is about parenting effort. Something you claim is more important than anything.

You are right. Adoptive parents tend to invest more directly in adopted children than any other parent type, biological included.

In fact, I would guess you dumb down on that claim, and suggest that a child with ss adoptive couple, deprived of one parent gender, will STILL match, or as several studies claim, EXCEED biological parents child rearing results.

If your assertion is true, child outcomes should top all others. What is the outcome?

Location hidden

#25 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor can you 'give' me a legitimate study of children who grow up in gay homes, can you?
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
You have none. A study that has 120 total participants, and covers 2.25 years of a child's life BEFORE four years of age, no matter how well the rest of the study is, proves nothing.

For you to claim that is a bigoted opinion only further exposes your idiotic bigotry. It would be laughable if it didn't involve children.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#26 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
My statement was that natural parents provide the best outcome for children BY FAR. This is compared to any other default family. I exposed the deceptive heading of this thread and the study it mentions.
Now you make an interesting claim. It is not about child outcomes, it is about parenting effort. Something you claim is more important than anything.
You are right. Adoptive parents tend to invest more directly in adopted children than any other parent type, biological included.
In fact, I would guess you dumb down on that claim, and suggest that a child with ss adoptive couple, deprived of one parent gender, will STILL match, or as several studies claim, EXCEED biological parents child rearing results.
If your assertion is true, child outcomes should top all others. What is the outcome?
If what you stated was true, our species would never have survived.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#27 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You have none. A study that has 120 total participants, and covers 2.25 years of a child's life BEFORE four years of age, no matter how well the rest of the study is, proves nothing.
For you to claim that is a bigoted opinion only further exposes your idiotic bigotry. It would be laughable if it didn't involve children.
First three years of a child's life is the most telling of their development, because they are in complete dependency on the adults, after that their development is influenced a lot by society as a whole. Try to learn something about something.

As for 120, considering the small population of same sex couples, that's a decent sample size. Again, learn something about something.

Location hidden

#28 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
If what you stated was true, our species would never have survived.
Nature evolved biological parents as the only method of procreation for humans, and you say it is insufficient?

How has any animal species survived honey???

Moreover, you are avoiding defending your claims...

Location hidden

#29 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
First three years of a child's life is the most telling of their development, because they are in complete dependency on the adults, after that their development is influenced a lot by society as a whole. Try to learn something about something.
As for 120, considering the small population of same sex couples, that's a decent sample size. Again, learn something about something.
No question the first FIVE years of a child's life are critical. However, no reputable scientist would claim decisive evidence predicting outcome in such a short study length or sampling size.

You are right about ss couple population being small. But the greater problem is the lack of long term stability with ss couples, especially gay couples. But that excuse only makes any definitive claim about outcomes impossible.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#30 Jul 30, 2013
Will you learn how to quote replies properly? Ever? Just another thing, in the long list of things, you can't seem to do correctly.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#32 Jul 30, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
Wonder who the Ho:mos paid off for this endorsement??
Queers should NEVER be able to adopt and raise children, especially little boys.
So you're not only a self-hating homophobe, you are also sexist. Great combination there .... and not surprising.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#34 Jul 30, 2013
The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
<quoted text>
So you're not only a racist, you're also a Liar as well. Great combination there..........and not surprising.
I have posted nothing to demonstrate either, try harder.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Since: Apr 07

Born in Newark Ohio

#35 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Satan took a break while the APA did his work.
Show the study methodology including length and subject number. A legitimate study is unafraid to do so.
What the hell makes you think I should do your homework?

You still have refused to tell us the name of the Doctor that determined you female twin was a lesbian before you were born.
You answer THAT I'll do the research you asked. But we both know you can't do that.

Like I said I knew the trolls would flock to this story and start the usual BS.

OH wait how about you explain the methodology of Mark Regnerus and his study. While your at it you can prove the validity of Dr. Robert Spitzer too!

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#36 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
Too funny.
Here is the study;
http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/
wp-content/uploads/Goldberg-an d-Smith-2013-JFP1.pdf
It studies 120 couples (lesbian/gay/hertero) who adopted children under 1.5 years old.
The study ended 2.25 years later when the oldest child was under 3.5 years old.
I was laughing so hard at this point, I couldn't read more (I will later...).
This is definitive proof that the children will end up equal???
Unbelievably deceitful and idiotic.
Homosexuals and professionals use this BS to put children at risk for political correctness???
Diabolically criminal!
Better check that link. What you claim doesn't show up as usual.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#37 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
We can and have. You do the same BS twirl you're doing now so cut the crap.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#38 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not just the lie that every person in a shelter holds the same view, it is your ignorant bigotry making such a idiotic claim.
Do you understand what such a claim tells me about you???
Kimare claims that when he was still a fetus he absorbed a female twin and is now a sexual chimera. Kimare has also REPEATEDLY claimed that the female fetus was a lesbian.

I have asked every time this nightmare shows up to provide scientific studies that prove it's claims.

Does he understand what such a claim tells us about him?

Does he see what his refusal to provide the study and methodology used to determine his claim says about his character?

Balls in your court stud.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#39 Jul 30, 2013
SHADOW wrote:
<quoted text>
So please tell us what the hell happened to you david, were you raised by some gender confused parents and that is why you turned out like you are today?
Are you married?
Kimare claims that when he was still a fetus he absorbed a female twin and is now a sexual chimera. Kimare has also REPEATEDLY claimed that the female fetus was a lesbian.

I have asked every time this nightmare shows up to provide scientific studies that prove it's claims.

Does he see what his refusal to provide the study and methodology used to determine his claim says about his character?

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#40 Jul 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
We have over a dozen actually.

Balls in his court. Let's see if he can return the volley he started.

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#41 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#42 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Nature evolved biological parents as the only method of procreation for humans, and you say it is insufficient?
How has any animal species survived honey???
Moreover, you are avoiding defending your claims...

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#43 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>

DNF

“Judge less, Love more”

Born in Newark Ohio

#44 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
No question the first FIVE years of a child's life are critical. However, no reputable scientist would claim decisive evidence predicting outcome in such a short study length or sampling size.
You are right about ss couple population being small. But the greater problem is the lack of long term stability with ss couples, especially gay couples. But that excuse only makes any definitive claim about outcomes impossible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Gay Israeli Celebs Decry Same-Sex Adoption Ban Jul 20 Wrong Move 5
News Parents who push their kids into gender explora... Jul 9 TerriB1 1
News Arizona Supreme Court to rule on same-sex paren... Jun 29 The Troll Stopper 20
News For advocates of gay adoption, progress but als... Jun '17 Tre H 29
News Sex in the family bed: Does it happen? (Jul '11) Jun '17 Michelle 137
News Idaho Supreme Court: Unmarried gay partner has ... Jun '17 Frankie Rizzo 5
News More than a third of teenage girls experience d... Jun '17 Humanspirit 3
More from around the web