New Study: No Difference Between Gay & Straight Adoptive Parents

Jul 29, 2013 Full story: EDGE 197

A recently released study by the Williams Institute confirms there is no difference in the behavioral outcomes of adopted children raised in same-sex households when compared to those raised by heterosexual couples.

Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Gay in Bethlehem

Eatontown, NJ

#1 Jul 29, 2013
...shock of all shocks. When you don't lump us into the same category as divorced unprepared single-parents, we don't look so bad.

For the crazy religious people out there calling this a perversion: is it possible that gay-families are actually part of God's plan of giving every kid a permanent, stable home? Or are you really going to be that stubborn and back the system up waiting for a straight couple to CHOOSE to adopt over having their own biological children?

I realize technically gays can sort of have their own half-biological children,...however, I think there's been enough nightmare stories of surrogate-moms to make adoption a better choice.

I really wish that they'd post a copy of the study though - I hate taking an article's word for it...Obviously, the conclusion matched what I already figured anyway, BUT.. I'd like to know how they randomly selected those couples. Badly done studies with convenient conclusions hurt us more than prejudices ever can.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#2 Jul 29, 2013
This was expected. Adoptive parents choose to raise a child because they want to, not because they just screwed up, so logic would dictate that they'd be more likely to do it well, and also love the children better than many who just screwed up. Blood is no thicker than water, but true devotion costs time and money.

DNF

“Judge more and you love less”

Since: Apr 07

Newark OH-Baltimore MD-S.Fla

#3 Jul 29, 2013
I'm sure many will do just what they always do. Claim the study was biased, flawed or the work of Satan!

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#5 Jul 30, 2013
DNF wrote:
I'm sure many will do just what they always do. Claim the study was biased, flawed or the work of Satan!
Satan took a break while the APA did his work.

Show the study methodology including length and subject number. A legitimate study is unafraid to do so.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#6 Jul 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
This was expected. Adoptive parents choose to raise a child because they want to, not because they just screwed up, so logic would dictate that they'd be more likely to do it well, and also love the children better than many who just screwed up. Blood is no thicker than water, but true devotion costs time and money.
Problem is in this world of squeeky wheels looking for grease the adoptive gay and lesbians are doing it just to try to prove a point-nothing more.
They want to marry and adopt so they can influence more people in their perverted ways.
There is no limit to what "you people" will do looking for attention, even disrupting a child's life.
david traversa

Argentina

#8 Jul 30, 2013
It's QUALITY that counts in parenting .. If you want to know what the lack of quality produces read the above two preceding posts ..
david traversa

Argentina

#9 Jul 30, 2013
DNF wrote:
Right on the head .. No sooner said than done ..
Rudy

Hamburg, Germany

#10 Jul 30, 2013
To put children in the hands of homosexuals is CHILD ABUSE!

KEEP QUEERS AWY FROM KIDS!
Rudy

Hamburg, Germany

#11 Jul 30, 2013
All these so called "studies" are done by queers and/or their liberal scumbag supporters.
SHADOW

Boerne, TX

#12 Jul 30, 2013
david traversa wrote:
It's QUALITY that counts in parenting .. If you want to know what the lack of quality produces read the above two preceding posts ..
So please tell us what the hell happened to you david, were you raised by some gender confused parents and that is why you turned out like you are today?
Are you married?

Location hidden

#13 Jul 30, 2013
david traversa wrote:
So you'd have no problem dropping your parents like turds if you found 'quality' in another couple?

Scratch dad and go with two moms?

Or would you really throw your mom under the bus for two 'dads'?

Talk about idiotic gay twirl...

Location hidden

#14 Jul 30, 2013
Too funny.

Here is the study;

http://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.edu/
wp-content/uploads/Goldberg-an d-Smith-2013-JFP1.pdf

It studies 120 couples (lesbian/gay/hertero) who adopted children under 1.5 years old.

The study ended 2.25 years later when the oldest child was under 3.5 years old.

I was laughing so hard at this point, I couldn't read more (I will later...).

This is definitive proof that the children will end up equal???

Unbelievably deceitful and idiotic.

Homosexuals and professionals use this BS to put children at risk for political correctness???

Diabolically criminal!

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#15 Jul 30, 2013
Rudy wrote:
All these so called "studies" are done by queers and/or their liberal scumbag supporters.
It must be very uncomfortable for you living in a progressive liberal country.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#16 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
So you'd have no problem dropping your parents like turds if you found 'quality' in another couple?
Scratch dad and go with two moms?
Or would you really throw your mom under the bus for two 'dads'?
Talk about idiotic gay twirl...
I already threw my natural mother under the bus, and I wish my father had come out when I was younger and been raised by him and another dad instead of having that whale in the house pretending her imaginary friend created the universe and gave commands to everyone.

Being capable of breeding does not qualify you to be a parent, end of story.

Location hidden

#17 Jul 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I already threw my natural mother under the bus, and I wish my father had come out when I was younger and been raised by him and another dad instead of having that whale in the house pretending her imaginary friend created the universe and gave commands to everyone.
Being capable of breeding does not qualify you to be a parent, end of story.
I'll bet you find yourself in a crowded room with those sentiments, right?

Most often (by far) a couple birthing a child provides the best future for a child. Even when it doesn't, most often children still prefer their mom and dad.

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#18 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll bet you find yourself in a crowded room with those sentiments, right?
Most often (by far) a couple birthing a child provides the best future for a child. Even when it doesn't, most often children still prefer their mom and dad.
I can give you over 1,000 people who agree with "those sentiments," and that's just the people in the homeless shelters of Seattle, many of them are biological parents. Being capable of breeding does not make you inherently capable of raising a child correctly or well. Most children only say they do while under the influence of the threats offered by their parents, when we grow up we learn, the parent is nothing more than the person who was too stupid to use a condom correctly, or they just wanted living dollies to play house with. It takes more love to adopt a child than to have sex.

Location hidden

#19 Jul 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
I can give you over 1,000 people who agree with "those sentiments," and that's just the people in the homeless shelters of Seattle, many of them are biological parents. Being capable of breeding does not make you inherently capable of raising a child correctly or well. Most children only say they do while under the influence of the threats offered by their parents, when we grow up we learn, the parent is nothing more than the person who was too stupid to use a condom correctly, or they just wanted living dollies to play house with. It takes more love to adopt a child than to have sex.
And I can give you over 50 million families with good parents.

However, you lie about 1000 with those sentiments.

Nor did I ever say breeding makes you inherently capable of good parenting. Or that it doesn't take more love to adopt than have sex. That wasn't the assertion. You changed it because you cannot counter the facts.

You want to throw children in good homes under the bus because of bitterness about your situation. Grow up.

Location hidden

#20 Jul 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Nor can you 'give' me a legitimate study of children who grow up in gay homes, can you?

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#21 Jul 30, 2013
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
And I can give you over 50 million families with good parents.
However, you lie about 1000 with those sentiments.
Nor did I ever say breeding makes you inherently capable of good parenting. Or that it doesn't take more love to adopt than have sex. That wasn't the assertion. You changed it because you cannot counter the facts.
You want to throw children in good homes under the bus because of bitterness about your situation. Grow up.
Forgive me if I do not believe a word you state, considering you are now not only changing your own inference but also twisting the actual topic here. Scientific understanding demonstrates you are incorrect. Adoptive parents are more likely to be far more loving of their children than others, end of story.

Location hidden

#22 Jul 30, 2013
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
It is not just the lie that every person in a shelter holds the same view, it is your ignorant bigotry making such a idiotic claim.

Do you understand what such a claim tells me about you???

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Books for boys Wed guest 1
New local program will help mothers (Aug '08) Wed bump 2
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... Wed QUITTNER Dec 24 2014 210
Why I'm still a Catholic (Oct '13) Dec 23 True Christian wi... 144
Girl's discredited story of sex assault cost da... Dec 22 rolling coaster 1
Swopped babies: mom wants biological child Dec 22 Arse 1
Project Rebound Inc. hosts 20th annual Kwanzaa ... Dec 20 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web