Nudity around children (Serious)

Nudity around children (Serious)

Posted in the Parenting Forum

Since: Oct 11

Cincinnati, OH

#1 Nov 26, 2011
I have a 2 Children, a 5 year old son and a 3 year old daughter. Before we had children, my wife and I always enjoyed going around the house nude. I'm sure you Mom's and Dad's out there know that with little ones, there really is no such thing as privacy. The question to all you parents out there is: Is it ok for to be nude around the kids just to be comfortable? On one hand, I want the kids to learn that there is no shame in the human body and that if they are taught this early, then they wont see nudity as a big deal in this sexually repressed country. At the same time, I have heard of some issues developing later in life, especially when puberty rolls around. Mom's and Dad's input would be appreciated.
CaDad

Rocklin, CA

#2 Dec 3, 2011
Well for one, accidental nudity in the family is a given, it happens. If your of the nudest persuasion, it is a cultural thing.
Usually you will start getting the hints when they start noticing the differences and start commenting, that's a pretty good sigh you may want to curtail the activity.But if the entire family is comfortable, it is certainly your business, although at some point I think it is going to get pretty uncomfortable.I think it is important to listen to your kids, their going to let you know what they think!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Sex in the family bed: Does it happen? (Jul '11) Feb 11 ssteele 116
News Lost on the streets, a tragedy plays out Feb 9 Guest_t 1
News Parenting plans, child custody and access Feb 6 needs 1
News Dear Abby: The mom doesn't know new baby's dad ... Feb 3 Homophobe University 10
News Chernenko to seek re-election as family court j... Jan 25 everyman in hancock 1
One for Arabic parents Jan 25 StudentOfLife 1
News Adventures in Parenting: Craft classes kids wil... Jan 22 StJames Marie Ann 1
More from around the web