Arrested NY moms stay with kids inste...

Arrested NY moms stay with kids instead of jail

There are 1 comment on the Anchorage Daily News story from Oct 7, 2012, titled Arrested NY moms stay with kids instead of jail. In it, Anchorage Daily News reports that:

Olgita Blackwood, top, waits for her son to return home from school with her daughter, Malaysia Blackwood, 7, at their apartment in the Drew House in New York, Wednesday, Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Anchorage Daily News.

Timmmay

Kelseyville, CA

#1 Oct 12, 2012
It's disgusting how "journalists" or "reporters" from many media outlets also write about this program EXTENSIVELY mentioning; needing donations, financial hand-outs, etc., for this egregious program.

On another note, not one media outlet; yahoo, Associated Press, ABC News, FOX News, National News, and the list keeps going... Anyway, they never mention why these women are arrested for nor charged! The main article refers to a Rosalia Silva who happens to be an illegal immigrant, and again, never mentions WHY she was arrested in the first place. Many suspect that the mother tried to MURDER the child! The main reason why media outlets will NOT mention the crime. This is beyond sick, not to mention sexist to say the least. There are single dads out there that are turned away to which never committed a crime!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Is This Black Parenting Magazine Racist? Wed KIP 13
News Pemberton Twp. teenager dies after being punche... (Nov '09) Jun 14 Stuck here 27
Should I Spank my sons over the Pants, over the... (Apr '14) Jun 13 grettavanhorne 13
News Researchers awarded $2.4M NIH grant to study le... Jun 12 friend 6
News Judge Byrd reprimanded in Wilson County case (Feb '08) Jun 11 Lesson learned 185
News Keep the Feds Out of Your Children's Bathrooms Jun 6 Jimmy 1
News Lennox preschool teacher Maria Cervantes receiv... Jun 3 Nancy Thyme 1
More from around the web