Chico parents told they are the best ...

Chico parents told they are the best tool to protect kids

There are 2 comments on the Chico Enterprise-Record story from Feb 1, 2013, titled Chico parents told they are the best tool to protect kids. In it, Chico Enterprise-Record reports that:

Hooker Oak School students, parents and faculty take part in the celebration of the new playground equipment at the school on Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chico Enterprise-Record.

Presentation Attendee

Long Beach, CA

#1 Feb 1, 2013
I do not like how this article is worded. Richard was not preachy in a religious way. He might have mentioned a few times that one of the key components to a well-rounded relationship between child and parent was a spiritual background. This could include anything that anyone might believe it. It was specific to one Evangelist way. Please do not be confused by this article in how it is worded. The sessions offered at the schools have nothing to do with religious views. Please contact the schools or the contact person for more information.
annoyed

United States

#2 Feb 1, 2013
Presentation Attendee wrote:
I do not like how this article is worded. Richard was not preachy in a religious way. He might have mentioned a few times that one of the key components to a well-rounded relationship between child and parent was a spiritual background. This could include anything that anyone might believe it. It was specific to one Evangelist way. Please do not be confused by this article in how it is worded. The sessions offered at the schools have nothing to do with religious views. Please contact the schools or the contact person for more information.
He said: "If more police, more programs and more laws were working, we would have solved the problem (of gangs and drugs) a long time ago."

So what Chico laws were not working? A while back the police were telling us all this apparent gang activity was by "wanna-bee" kids. Were the police not enforcing the laws?
Who are these parents that ignore their kids involvement with gangs? No one I know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Excited by Trump, gay Republicans struggle with... 40 min WasteWater 96
News Making GOP history, Trump vows to protect LGBTQ... Fri Christsharian Law 6
News Navajo Healthy Marriage project offers free edu... (Oct '08) Jul 22 avery 35
News Man charged in Fitchburg woman's slaying; as fr... (Jul '10) Jul 22 Fat Stevie 41
News Speaker to World Congress of Families: Don't la... (Oct '15) Jul 19 Bush Romney Boycott 26
News Is This Black Parenting Magazine Racist? Jul 13 MadamX 10
News New program looks to ease divorce pain (Jan '09) Jul 12 Susie Q 88
More from around the web