Dem. lawmaker: To get gun control, Ob...

Dem. lawmaker: To get gun control, Obama must ‘exploit’ shooting

There are 1 comment on the Free Republic story from Dec 15, 2012, titled Dem. lawmaker: To get gun control, Obama must ‘exploit’ shooting. In it, Free Republic reports that:

"A veteran Democratic lawmaker believes the nation will go along with stronger gun control laws if President Obama 'exploits' the Newtown, Conn., tragedy and nudges Congress to action.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Free Republic.

Jo public

Hanceville, AL

#1 Dec 16, 2012
Has no one expected this type crime to increase after the election. I did. It is sleeper cells called out one at a time to cause the public to call for gun ban, which is what the gun control people want. It will increase more as predicted. If the teachers all had guns and the media would quit giving so much publicity to the criminal maybe there would be less copy-cat types out there. Imagine if someone got a lot of publicity for killing people with a feather duster. He would be known as the duster killer. How many nuts would start to copy this killer because he was so famous with a new method of killing. Give no attention or pictures of the killer. Erase his name and face. Only say that it happened but remove his lime-light. I believe the media is a major part of the problem.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Same sex attracted man who left the "gay lifest... 33 min Evilgelicalling 9
News Are you a 'helicopter' parent? Sep 25 Humanspirit 1
News Adventures in Parenting: Corn maze season is he... Sep 25 Stephen D Clark 1
Kids will ruin your life (Jun '10) Sep 24 Kristen 203
News Miami Mom Gives Birth Alone During Hurricane Ir... Sep '17 patriciaaprice98 1
News Law would let courts restore parental rights (Apr '07) Sep '17 Laqueena 195
Apparently I'm an overprotective parent Sep '17 Singlemother34 1
More from around the web