MTV profiling Louisville school for pregnant teens and teen moms

Jul 16, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHAS-TV Louisville

Louisville A Louisville high school specifically for pregnant teens and teen moms is getting its small-screen debut this weekend.

Comments
1 - 20 of 56 Comments Last updated Sep 30, 2011
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Hi there”

Since: Jun 08

Derby City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

They didnt have daycare when i was in highschool in the 70s.Geez,it was a big deal if a girl got pregnant,now its not.Whatever happened to waiting till the right person comes along to have kids?Sometimes i long for the good ole days,lol.
Fancyfaceinky

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2010

Judged:

To Umad; you must not have kids and if you do then shame on u for calling girls names that end up in the bad situation. At lease the girls are still trying to get the diploma! So if the girl are what u say than what is the dead beat dads that wont take care of there kids. and at lease they are takeing responsabilty for what they need to take care of there kids. and to sandy this is the yr 2000 not the 70's!!!
Rock Steady

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

You must be a high school mother.
Sex ed in kentucky is ridiculous, but you'd think it would be common sense anyway. Everyone, by the time they're in middle school, knows how not to get pregnant. I feel no pity for teenage moms. If you "got caught up in the moment", you should really learn to control yourself.

And a school specifically for girls like this? Wow. It's nice to know that education and accountability mean nothing in schools.
::facepalm::

“Hi there”

Derby City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Rock Steady wrote:
You must be a high school mother.
Sex ed in kentucky is ridiculous, but you'd think it would be common sense anyway. Everyone, by the time they're in middle school, knows how not to get pregnant. I feel no pity for teenage moms. If you "got caught up in the moment", you should really learn to control yourself.
And a school specifically for girls like this? Wow. It's nice to know that education and accountability mean nothing in schools.
::facepalm::
Exactly.Whatever happened to saying NO?Theres also a drugstore literally on every corner now for birth control.
Rock Steady

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

And you can get condoms for free at the health department or planned parenthood.

“Hi there”

Derby City

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Chad wrote:
<quoted text> Actually this program/school has been there since the late 80's, there were several sluts from my school that ended up there, lol.
Chad,you're just not right,lol kidding.I must be abnormal,i waited till i was MARRIED,and we could afford a kid.I've heard of girls as young as 11 annd 12 getting pregnant.Whay the damn rush in having sex for with these young girls?Thank god mine has no interest in being a teen mom.She wants to go to school and live life first,before marriage and having kids.Wow,what a concept,LMAO.
Jah

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

Chad wrote:
<quoted text> Actually this program/school has been there since the late 80's, there were several sluts from my school that ended up there, lol.
Yea and Iam sure all the kids call you daddy and not the sluts..muhahahahah
Jah

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2010

Judged:

Chad wrote:
<quoted text>Lol, the show should be titled "Teen aged slut mom's". What's real funny is when you ckick the the for the story the first thing to pop up is a picture of a fat black b itch, lmao...
Why the hate Iam sure you did them all too.
Kristen

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

Obviously most young girls do not get pregnant on purpose. In this day and age sex has been so desensitized on television and in music etc that it's no big deal anymore. Instead of spreading hate on the internet maybe you should look at yourselves in the mirror. I was a teen mom and I have now close to finishing college and am getting married to the father of my baby (whom I have now been with for almost 7 years). Are you calling me a slut? I used condoms and was on the pill and still was face with this difficult situation. I watched this show and all of the girls on there are trying to finish school and do something with their lives to better themselves and give their children better lives. Shame on all of you. I am going to be a high school teacher and unlike all of you I will be trying to do something about this problem instead of talking trash.

“BSL is BS!”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

I haven't watched the show on MTV, but I've seen previews. I believe in one preview I actually saw one of the dads shocked he had to pay child support...

Blaming irresponsible sexual behavior on the media is ridiculous. This needs to start at home...parents need to set an example and teach their children about birth control. Most parents go around totally oblivious to what is going on with their teenagers.

Kristen, there is a small exception to every rule. You may be that exception.

Many girls have gotten pregnant on purpose because they "love" their boyfriends and they want to keep them...a lot of good a baby does, though. Not to mention...these kids do not practice safe sex like they should...because they think "it won't happen to them."
Nobama

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

Kristen wrote:
Obviously most young girls do not get pregnant on purpose. In this day and age sex has been so desensitized on television and in music etc that it's no big deal anymore. Instead of spreading hate on the internet maybe you should look at yourselves in the mirror. I was a teen mom and I have now close to finishing college and am getting married to the father of my baby (whom I have now been with for almost 7 years). Are you calling me a slut? I used condoms and was on the pill and still was face with this difficult situation. I watched this show and all of the girls on there are trying to finish school and do something with their lives to better themselves and give their children better lives. Shame on all of you. I am going to be a high school teacher and unlike all of you I will be trying to do something about this problem instead of talking trash.
Future teacher having sex with students.

“BSL is BS!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

Geez, I'm not agreeing with 15 year olds having sex...but you guys are harsh. As far as condoms...they are not 100%...

Since: Dec 07

DuPage County

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

Where were all these easy chicks when I was in high school????

“BSL is BS!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

Saluki Rod wrote:
Where were all these easy chicks when I was in high school????
Taking care of some other guy's kids...

“BSL is BS!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Chad wrote:
<quoted text>
Another woman trying to put the blame on men for their slutty behavior, lol.
When did I put the blame on only men? It does take two people to make a child...well in a "biblical" sense...

As far as the word slut? Do you believe that only applies to promiscuous women? what about those men?
Umad

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

My mom gave birth to me while shooting heroin behind a waffle house.
Chad

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

I got played once,a man told me to pick up a quarter and he stuck his pecker in my butt.

needless to say I didn't complain.

“BSL is BS!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

Chad wrote:
<quoted text> That's different be cause we're men. You see, sweet heart, promiscuous men are what's known as studs or as the the colored folks call them, "playas", lol. We're supposed to be that way!
Um I guess...lol...I just always thought it was called a double standard...

Everyone is different so if you want to be a 'stud' or a 'playa' and only be with girls who are all virginal so be it...
Rock Steady

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

Kristen wrote:
Used condoms.
On pill.
Um. The pill won't work if you don't take it every day.
Rock Steady

Evansville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2010

Judged:

Chad wrote:
<quoted text> That's different be cause we're men. You see, sweet heart, promiscuous men are what's known as studs or as the the colored folks call them, "playas", lol. We're supposed to be that way!
No you're not. And I get so tired of the "evolutionary biology" excuse for men being pigs.

Which is why it's better to not waste your time on men.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••