One by One, Our Abortion Stories Can ...

One by One, Our Abortion Stories Can Change Debate

There are 1167 comments on the Women's eNews story from Dec 9, 2012, titled One by One, Our Abortion Stories Can Change Debate. In it, Women's eNews reports that:

Three drugstore purchased tests had proved it without a doubt. I was pregnant. Sitting on the toilet, looking at the tests lined up side by side on the tub, it was a typically cool and foggy summer day near the beach in San Francisco.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Women's eNews.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#1154 Mar 25, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
They are in human form.
So are gingerbread men, stick figures, and dolls.

What is your point?

The pictures are of aborted embryos and fetuses.
Babies are born.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1155 Mar 25, 2013
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>So are gingerbread men, stick figures, and dolls.
What is your point?
The pictures are of aborted embryos and fetuses.
Babies are born.
Do you have proof someone has to be born to be a human? Gingerbread men are only in the shape. Those babies in the photos were in human form, and of human shape, which means they are human.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#1156 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>Can't be a baby until it's born.
So you are wrong, as usual.
When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, so does her unborn baby. Alcohol in the mother's blood passes through the placenta to the baby through the umbilical cord. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause miscarriage, stillbirth, and a range of lifelong disorders, known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs). There is no known safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy. Drinking alcohol in the first three months of pregnancy can cause the baby to have abnormal facial features. Growth and central nervous system problems (e.g., low birthweight, behavioral problems) can occur from drinking alcohol anytime during pregnancy. The baby’s brain is developing throughout pregnancy and can be damaged at any time.
If a woman is drinking alcohol during pregnancy, it is never too late to stop. The sooner a woman stops drinking, the better it will be for both her baby and herself.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY:(888) 232-6348
http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/fasd/index.html
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#1157 Mar 25, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
They are in human form, no matter what fetus and embryo means.
Fetus and embryo are developmental terms used to describe how mature an individual is. Adult, adolescent, child, fetus, and embryo are all terms used to describe how mature we are. Thats what those words are, thats what those words mean, and have always meant. Anyone that tells you different is a liar.

Location hidden

#1158 Mar 25, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
When a pregnant woman drinks alcohol, so does her unborn baby. Alcohol in the mother's blood passes through the placenta to the baby through the umbilical cord. Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause miscarriage, stillbirth, and a range of lifelong disorders, known as fetal alcohol spectrum disorders (FASDs). There is no known safe time to drink alcohol during pregnancy. Drinking alcohol in the first three months of pregnancy can cause the baby to have abnormal facial features. Growth and central nervous system problems (e.g., low birthweight, behavioral problems) can occur from drinking alcohol anytime during pregnancy. The baby’s brain is developing throughout pregnancy and can be damaged at any time.
If a woman is drinking alcohol during pregnancy, it is never too late to stop. The sooner a woman stops drinking, the better it will be for both her baby and herself.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention 1600 Clifton Rd. Atlanta, GA 30333, USA
800-CDC-INFO (800-232-4636) TTY:(888) 232-6348
http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/fasd/index.html
Yes, we are all aware that your solution to abortion is to monitor all females of menstruating age for pregnancy, and firmly affix any who test positive to the nearest wall, until delivery, so she cannot endanger her fetus.

You are a freak.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1159 Mar 25, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Fetus and embryo are developmental terms used to describe how mature an individual is. Adult, adolescent, child, fetus, and embryo are all terms used to describe how mature we are. Thats what those words are, thats what those words mean, and have always meant. Anyone that tells you different is a liar.
No, only you son, are the liar. Developmental terms are not always correct.

But ah, an adolescent is a child, an adult is considered 18, but 18 is a child. Not always, boy, not always.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1160 Mar 25, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Fetus and embryo are developmental terms used to describe how mature an individual is. Adult, adolescent, child, fetus, and embryo are all terms used to describe how mature we are. Thats what those words are, thats what those words mean, and have always meant. Anyone that tells you different is a liar.
Same applies to this. An adolescent by fools is thought not be a chidl, when they really are, same with 18 year olds. They are only 18, still children, no matter what you think.

Fetuses too, are still human, and not less, no matter how much you assume they aren't.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1161 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>Yes, we are all aware that your solution to abortion is to monitor all females of menstruating age for pregnancy, and firmly affix any who test positive to the nearest wall, until delivery, so she cannot endanger her fetus.
You are a freak.
You are making things up, silly silly silly girl.

Location hidden

#1162 Mar 25, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You are making things up, silly silly silly girl.
And you are arguing with 'zef', a member of an alien species, which resents our unwillingness to recognize it as 'life' so much, that it would insist on recognizing an insensate wad of goo as a person with inherent rights....just like you do, only for different reasons.

The outcome of both your feverish desires is the same: forced gestation.

You're a freak too.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1163 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>And you are arguing with 'zef', a member of an alien species, which resents our unwillingness to recognize it as 'life' so much, that it would insist on recognizing an insensate wad of goo as a person with inherent rights....just like you do, only for different reasons.
The outcome of both your feverish desires is the same: forced gestation.
You're a freak too.
Forced Gestation is important, to make sure women do what they should with their babies.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#1164 Mar 25, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
No, only you son, are the liar. Developmental terms are not always correct.
But ah, an adolescent is a child, an adult is considered 18, but 18 is a child. Not always, boy, not always.
Lying how? Are you suggesting you were an adult before becoming an adolescent? Or a child before becoming a fetus?
Developmental terms always describe how mature we are. Embryo are less mature than fetus, who are less mature than children, who are less mature than adolescents, who are less mature than adults. Always. Adults are more mature than adolescents, adolescents are more mature than children, children are more mature than fetus, fetus are more mature than embryo. Always. Nobody in their right mind believes you have some magic potion that makes you grow younger. People invariably grow older. People are called embryos when their life begains, as they mature they are called fetus, as they continue to mature they are called children, then adolescent, then adult. Invariably that is how humans develop. The terms embryo, fetus, child, adolescent and adult are human development terms. That is what they are. That is what they mean.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1165 Mar 25, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>Lying how? Are you suggesting you were an adult before becoming an adolescent? Or a child before becoming a fetus?
Developmental terms always describe how mature we are. Embryo are less mature than fetus, who are less mature than children, who are less mature than adolescents, who are less mature than adults. Always. Adults are more mature than adolescents, adolescents are more mature than children, children are more mature than fetus, fetus are more mature than embryo. Always. Nobody in their right mind believes you have some magic potion that makes you grow younger. People invariably grow older. People are called embryos when their life begains, as they mature they are called fetus, as they continue to mature they are called children, then adolescent, then adult. Invariably that is how humans develop. The terms embryo, fetus, child, adolescent and adult are human development terms. That is what they are. That is what they mean.
You misunderstood what I meant, I think I misphrased it.

What I meant is this. Some people might occasionally label an adolescent not a child, when I believe they are just children.
Some might label an adult as 18, when even 18 is not really an adult.
Some might label those babies in those photos dumbly as fetuses, when, really they are living babies.

Just because something is labeled as something doesn't make it true.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#1166 Mar 25, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstood what I meant, I think I misphrased it.
What I meant is this. Some people might occasionally label an adolescent not a child, when I believe they are just children.
Some might label an adult as 18, when even 18 is not really an adult.
Some might label those babies in those photos dumbly as fetuses, when, really they are living babies.
Just because something is labeled as something doesn't make it true.
So. Adult, adolescent, child, fetus, and embryo are human development terms describing how mature we are. That is what those words mean. That is the purpose of those words relating to human development, and human maturity. What you believe has nothing to do with it. You can believe the moon is made of green cheese for all i care.

Location hidden

#1167 Mar 25, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
Forced Gestation is important, to make sure women do what they should with their babies.
Forced castration is important too, to make sure men don't become rapists. You're first on the list, so heave that cocktail weenie up on this here board, good buddy.

Sheesh.
zef

Los Angeles, CA

#1168 Mar 25, 2013
<quoted text>Forced castration is important too, to make sure men don't become rapists. You're first on the list, so heave that cocktail weenie up on this here board, good buddy.
Sheesh.
Isn't threatening people with mayhem over the internet illegal, and an act of terrorism. Do you always threaten mayhem to people that you disagree with you? Why haven't you been brought to justice?

Location hidden

#1169 Mar 25, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't threatening people with mayhem over the internet illegal, and an act of terrorism. Do you always threaten mayhem to people that you disagree with you? Why haven't you been brought to justice?
I'm just awesome like that.

")

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

#1170 Mar 26, 2013
LargeLanguage wrote:
<quoted text>
They are in human form, no matter what fetus and embryo means.
If it was gestated inside a human, yes. And? It's still an embryo or fetus. You're the one trying to make it something it is not.

Location hidden

#1171 Mar 26, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>
If he's fine with dispensing with my bodily autonomy, I'm fine with discontinuing his bodily function.

Pretty simple, really.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1172 Mar 26, 2013
zef wrote:
<quoted text>So. Adult, adolescent, child, fetus, and embryo are human development terms describing how mature we are. That is what those words mean. That is the purpose of those words relating to human development, and human maturity. What you believe has nothing to do with it. You can believe the moon is made of green cheese for all i care.
Firstly, an adolescent is simply a developemental stage within childhood.

So why can't a fetus be a developemental stage within a human baby? A fetus can be alive.
LargeLanguage

Chester, UK

#1173 Mar 26, 2013
<quoted text>Forced castration is important too, to make sure men don't become rapists. You're first on the list, so heave that cocktail weenie up on this here board, good buddy.
Sheesh.
Actually, forced cliterios removal gets the job done. How dare you, young lady, make such a horrid statement! Men are innocent till proven guilty! And, OH my God, did you know there are many women who commit sexual abuse, but less men than assumed who rape?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Protest planned at Elitch Gardens by breastfeed... (Jun '07) Feb 17 CommonSense 2,889
Son,age33/Myself,a54 yr.old mom ...... Feb 16 Metoo 1
News Father Shoots Laptop Over "Disrespectful" Faceb... (Feb '12) Feb 14 Spotted Girl 240
News Harsh parenting predicts low educational attain... Feb 8 MichaelN 2
Kids will ruin your life (Jun '10) Jan 31 Chidlfree woman 200
News The Duggars are 'trying' for a 20th baby (Oct '13) Jan 30 Kennyvonallen 6
News How to break the 'generational curse' that keep... Jan '17 imanidiot 3
More from around the web