One by One, Our Abortion Stories Can Change Debate

Dec 9, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Women's eNews

Three drugstore purchased tests had proved it without a doubt. I was pregnant. Sitting on the toilet, looking at the tests lined up side by side on the tub, it was a typically cool and foggy summer day near the beach in San Francisco.

Comments (Page 40)

Showing posts 781 - 800 of1,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#800
Dec 29, 2012
 
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>Nope, what? Nope you didn't say you no longer cared?

Nope, you weren't lying when you did say it?

Nope, you didn't answer my question?

Oh, but you did. Absolutely you did.
Nope...,,.....LOL

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#801
Dec 29, 2012
 
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope...,,.....LOL
Oh, I'm sure you didn't mean to, but you did. My question was answered, 100%. Sorry.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#802
Dec 29, 2012
 
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, I'm sure you didn't mean to, but you did. My question was answered, 100%. Sorry.
You ate the same exact bait again troll..........LOL

I answered your question just like you answered mine.......

I have never had someone stupid enough to eat the same bait the same way in a matter of a few minutes..........LOL

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#803
Dec 29, 2012
 
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
You ate the same exact bait again troll..........LOL
I answered your question just like you answered mine.......
I have never had someone stupid enough to eat the same bait the same way in a matter of a few minutes..........LOL
You answered my question completely. There is no bait. There was my question, and you answered it. Thank you.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#804
Dec 29, 2012
 
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>You answered my question completely. There is no bait. There was my question, and you answered it. Thank you.
You asked three questions be cause I answered your first question with one word
Nope

Then I answered your three questions about my answer nope with the same answer

Good little troll

Sit
Stay

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#805
Dec 29, 2012
 
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
You asked three questions be cause I answered your first question with one word
Nope
Then I answered your three questions about my answer nope with the same answer
Good little troll
Sit
Stay
Oh, sorry, I forgot that you're not very bright. The question you answered was not one of the three I asked in that other post. That is not what I'm referring to.

And I know you didn't mean to, nevertheless, you did answer it.

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#806
Dec 29, 2012
 
I asked what exactly YOU think makes me a liberal. You tried to play a game, by saying my postings. But, in your very next post, you actually answered my original question completely, even though you didn't mean to.

This post is where you answered it.....

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/TFSD...

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#807
Dec 29, 2012
 
Bitner wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, sorry, I forgot that you're not very bright. The question you answered was not one of the three I asked in that other post. That is not what I'm referring to.

And I know you didn't mean to, nevertheless, you did answer it.
Correct

I did not answer your question..........ROTFLMAO

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#808
Dec 29, 2012
 
Bitner wrote:
I asked what exactly YOU think makes me a liberal. You tried to play a game, by saying my postings. But, in your very next post, you actually answered my original question completely, even though you didn't mean to.

This post is where you answered it.....

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/abortion/TFSD...
Wrong again troll.........LOL

“Blessed Be”

Since: Jun 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#809
Dec 29, 2012
 
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>
Correct
I did not answer your question..........ROTFLMAO
Oh, I'm sorry, but you did. Fully. Thank you, for your cooperation.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#810
Dec 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Largelanguage wrote:
Bla bla bla, dads manage with both their career, and education while dealing with kids, so shut up and deal with it yourself child.
Nope, I don't think I will "shut up," moron. And no girl/woman has to "deal with it" unless she WANTS to.

HARDSHIP #4: LOSS OF EDUCATION AND JOB/CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - As hard as it is to acknowledge, a working mother of any age cannot have the same kind of freedom, flexibility or mobility as a woman without children has. If a girl cannot complete high school due to the demands of motherhood, she will not be able to go to college or vocational school, as both typically require a high school diploma first. That automatically limits her ability to find good employment, and she may well have to settle for a minimum wage job, which pays far less than what is needed to raise a child comfortably. Girls and women who complete high school may find that many jobs require a college degree or vocational school certificate, and without those, she may still not be able to get a job that pays a decent salary. A high school diploma alone is no guarantee of good employment, but all girls need one if they hope to advance to higher levels of education that their chosen job or career requires.

“2013 TDF”

Since: Mar 09

Boca Raton, FL.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#811
Dec 30, 2012
 
Here Is One wrote:
<quoted text>You asked three questions be cause I answered your first question with one word
Nope

Then I answered your three questions about my answer nope with the same answer

Good little troll

Sit
Stay
You obviously do not now the meaning of the word troll.

Must be all the chimichangas and the poco de gallo that's eating up your brain.

Question for you; why do you persist in talking guns on an abortion thread? Is that what they do in Mexico; talk futbol at a strip club?
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#812
Dec 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, I don't think I will "shut up," moron. And no girl/woman has to "deal with it" unless she WANTS to.
HARDSHIP #4: LOSS OF EDUCATION AND JOB/CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - As hard as it is to acknowledge, a working mother of any age cannot have the same kind of freedom, flexibility or mobility as a woman without children has. If a girl cannot complete high school due to the demands of motherhood, she will not be able to go to college or vocational school, as both typically require a high school diploma first. That automatically limits her ability to find good employment, and she may well have to settle for a minimum wage job, which pays far less than what is needed to raise a child comfortably. Girls and women who complete high school may find that many jobs require a college degree or vocational school certificate, and without those, she may still not be able to get a job that pays a decent salary. A high school diploma alone is no guarantee of good employment, but all girls need one if they hope to advance to higher levels of education that their chosen job or career requires.
She is able to complete school. Don't be a fool.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#813
Dec 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Largelanguage wrote:
She is able to complete school. Don't be a fool.
Single moms in many cases have to settle for low-income or even minimum-wage jobs because they COULDN'T complete school for one or more reasons. They often lose out on the job/career they had originally planned on.

HARDSHIP #4: LOSS OF EDUCATION AND JOB/CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - As hard as it is to acknowledge, a working mother of any age cannot have the same kind of freedom, flexibility or mobility as a woman without children has. If a girl cannot complete high school due to the demands of motherhood, she will not be able to go to college or vocational school, as both typically require a high school diploma first. That automatically limits her ability to find good employment, and she may well have to settle for a minimum wage job, which pays far less than what is needed to raise a child comfortably. Girls and women who complete high school may find that many jobs require a college degree or vocational school certificate, and without those, she may still not be able to get a job that pays a decent salary. A high school diploma alone is no guarantee of good employment, but all girls need one if they hope to advance to higher levels of education that their chosen job or career requires.
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#815
Dec 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Single moms in many cases have to settle for low-income or even minimum-wage jobs because they COULDN'T complete school for one or more reasons. They often lose out on the job/career they had originally planned on.
HARDSHIP #4: LOSS OF EDUCATION AND JOB/CAREER OPPORTUNITIES - As hard as it is to acknowledge, a working mother of any age cannot have the same kind of freedom, flexibility or mobility as a woman without children has. If a girl cannot complete high school due to the demands of motherhood, she will not be able to go to college or vocational school, as both typically require a high school diploma first. That automatically limits her ability to find good employment, and she may well have to settle for a minimum wage job, which pays far less than what is needed to raise a child comfortably. Girls and women who complete high school may find that many jobs require a college degree or vocational school certificate, and without those, she may still not be able to get a job that pays a decent salary. A high school diploma alone is no guarantee of good employment, but all girls need one if they hope to advance to higher levels of education that their chosen job or career requires.
My girls have all gotten college degrees after having children.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#816
Dec 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Ink wrote:
My girls have all gotten college degrees after having children.
Riiiiiiiiiiight, just because YOUR daughters were able to continue and finish college after having children, every other girl should be able to do the same.@@

**********

REALITY SUCKS FOR TEENAGE MOTHERS

http://voices.yahoo.com/reality-sucks-teenage ...

by Melody Landeros, February 1, 2011

Many people read with disbelief the recent story of ninety teenage mothers or mothers to be at one school in Tennessee. Others walk by the checkout counters and see headlines such as one MTV mother doesn't know who exactly is the father of her baby. More people tune into MTV and watch the latest installment of Teen Mother 2. Ask a teenager and they know of at least one pregnant person in high school. With a country that has so much information and supplies about pregnancy prevention, how do we explain this atmosphere that condones, and encourages young girls to get pregnant as young as twelve.

Many people will say blame the media that projects this illusionary picture of teen motherhood as though it is tough, the pregnancy will workout some way in a positive manner for the young mother. Maybe the pregnancy will and maybe the opposite outcome will occur, but once the cameras are turned off the question becomes how did these young women end up in such life changing situations?

Does peer pressure cause young girls to become women too fast? When the mentality of everyone doing it or an acceptance that somehow being sexually active is a rite of passage at such an early age, many girls have intimate relationships long before they are mentally and emotionally ready to handle the responsibility and the consequences of these choices. Many mistaken sex for love and instead of realizing that sex is an expression of love.
Their need for acceptance and love is so great that if that relationship doesn't fill that void in them, they mistakenly believe a baby will fill that void, when the void can truly only be filled by themselves. Self-love and acceptance will fill the void, not sexual trysts or babies. These young women do not realize that a baby is a life altering event and once mothers, all the self-centeredness of teenage years, the parties, the dances, the going out, are gone and life revolves around the baby who is completely dependent on a mother.

Not only does the expectant mother have a life altering event, so do the family and friends that surround them. Friends may be excited in the beginning with their pregnant friend, eagerly anticipating the birth and the few weeks that follow, but life will again flow for their friends. These friends will continue to be teenagers and have that semi-carefree life, and not wish to be tied down with a friend with a baby. Sounds cruel, but this choice is a reality many teen mothers experience.

**********

Click on link below to read the story in its entirety.

http://voices.yahoo.com/reality-sucks-teenage ...
Ink

Bensalem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#817
Dec 30, 2012
 
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiiiiiight, just because YOUR daughters were able to continue and finish college after having children, every other girl should be able to do the same.@@
**********Click on link below to read the story in its entirety.
http://voices.yahoo.com/reality-sucks-teenage ...
They weren't teenage mothers who didn't know who the father. I think you are talking about a different problem, promiscuity. If that is the problem BC won't fix it.
Largelanguage

Chester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#818
Dec 30, 2012
 
Ocean56 wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiiiiiiiiight, just because YOUR daughters were able to continue and finish college after having children, every other girl should be able to do the same.@@
**********
REALITY SUCKS FOR TEENAGE MOTHERS
http://voices.yahoo.com/reality-sucks-teenage ...
by Melody Landeros, February 1, 2011
Many people read with disbelief the recent story of ninety teenage mothers or mothers to be at one school in Tennessee. Others walk by the checkout counters and see headlines such as one MTV mother doesn't know who exactly is the father of her baby. More people tune into MTV and watch the latest installment of Teen Mother 2. Ask a teenager and they know of at least one pregnant person in high school. With a country that has so much information and supplies about pregnancy prevention, how do we explain this atmosphere that condones, and encourages young girls to get pregnant as young as twelve.
Many people will say blame the media that projects this illusionary picture of teen motherhood as though it is tough, the pregnancy will workout some way in a positive manner for the young mother. Maybe the pregnancy will and maybe the opposite outcome will occur, but once the cameras are turned off the question becomes how did these young women end up in such life changing situations?
Does peer pressure cause young girls to become women too fast? When the mentality of everyone doing it or an acceptance that somehow being sexually active is a rite of passage at such an early age, many girls have intimate relationships long before they are mentally and emotionally ready to handle the responsibility and the consequences of these choices. Many mistaken sex for love and instead of realizing that sex is an expression of love.
Their need for acceptance and love is so great that if that relationship doesn't fill that void in them, they mistakenly believe a baby will fill that void, when the void can truly only be filled by themselves. Self-love and acceptance will fill the void, not sexual trysts or babies. These young women do not realize that a baby is a life altering event and once mothers, all the self-centeredness of teenage years, the parties, the dances, the going out, are gone and life revolves around the baby who is completely dependent on a mother.
Not only does the expectant mother have a life altering event, so do the family and friends that surround them. Friends may be excited in the beginning with their pregnant friend, eagerly anticipating the birth and the few weeks that follow, but life will again flow for their friends. These friends will continue to be teenagers and have that semi-carefree life, and not wish to be tied down with a friend with a baby. Sounds cruel, but this choice is a reality many teen mothers experience.
**********
Click on link below to read the story in its entirety.
http://voices.yahoo.com/reality-sucks-teenage ...
They don't know who exactly the father is because their parents don't get involved CHILD! They don't only look for acceptance because they haven't built positive self esteem CHILD! And the sort of mindset that believes having a baby would fufill love and acceptance would be far beyond that of a teenage girl CHILD! It would probably be around 40, CHILD! Grow up and stop acting like its so tough idiot.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#819
Dec 31, 2012
 
LargeLanguage wrote:
"They don't know who exactly the father is because their parents don't get involved CHILD! They don't only look for acceptance because they haven't built positive self esteem CHILD! And the sort of mindset that believes having a baby would fufill love and acceptance would be far beyond that of a teenage girl CHILD! It would probably be around 40, CHILD! Grow up and stop acting like its so tough idiot. "

I'll bring up the HARDSHIPS of motherhood all I want, idiot. I do this because I want girls/women to make an INFORMED decision about motherhood rather than make that decision in ignorance. If having this information means some girls/women will choose NEVER to have children, that's fine too. Motherhood is OPTIONAL, remember?

HARDSHIP #1: LOSS OF FREEDOM - Having a baby really does change everything, including the freedom that girls and women used to have in abundance. Once the baby arrives, that freedom will be gone, for at least the next five or six years and possibly longer. Teen girls and young women who become moms can forget about going out with friends, whether to the movies, to hang out at their favorite restaurant or coffee shop, or anywhere else for that matter. If they do go out, they’ll have to take the baby with them if their parents refuse to babysit. If the baby is sick or very cranky for any number of reasons, girls will end up staying home instead of going out. Girls who are still in middle or high school will find it much harder to do their homework assignments or study for exams when they have to care for a baby as well. It will be a very long time before girls get any of their former freedom back.
Ocean56

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#820
Dec 31, 2012
 
HARDSHIP #2: LOSS OF SLEEP - The first thing girls and women have to know about motherhood is that newborn babies do NOT sleep eight hours a night. All mothers, myself included, can honestly say that babies can – and do – wake up during the night as many as two or three times. Each time the baby wakes up, mom has to get up with the baby, feed the baby, change the baby’s diaper (which could be a messy one), and then get the baby back to sleep. When my son was a newborn baby, there were nights where I got NO sleep whatsoever. Luckily for me, I had completed high school and post-high school education long before that, so I didn’t have to get up at 5:00am to go to school after having almost no sleep. Those who are teen moms will not be so lucky.

HARDSHIP #3: LOSS OF MONEY - Whatever money a girl/woman used to spend on herself will have to be spent on the baby, and that cost is far more than most girls could begin to anticipate. These costs include diapers, food, clothing, baby equipment (car seat, crib, stroller, baby carriers, baby and child toys, etc.) and so much more. Anyone who wants to do the math can begin their research by going to their local grocery store and checking out the baby food and diaper sections. Just make sure you have a notebook and calculator, because you will need to multiply those costs for each item several times per week. That’s just for food and diapers, you haven’t even started on the costs for clothing, baby equipment and toys. That will add a staggering amount to your calculations, and the sum will be far higher than you could imagine. If you plan to put the baby in day care for any amount of time during the week, you will have to add up those costs too. Get the picture now? Having a baby costs a HUGE amount of money, which many girls and young women simply do not have, unless they have wealthy parents.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 781 - 800 of1,167
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••