Judge strikes down Michigana s ban on...

Judge strikes down Michigana s ban on same-sex marriage

There are 20 comments on the The Washington Post story from Mar 22, 2014, titled Judge strikes down Michigana s ban on same-sex marriage. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

April DeBoer, left, and her partner, Jayne Rowse, hold hands after closing arguments were made in their trial challenging Michigan's ban on same-sex marriage at the Theodore Levin Federal Court in Detroit on March 7. A federal judge struck down the ban Friday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Disordered LesbianWoofers

Bohemia, NY

#1 Mar 22, 2014
Coupla real lookers too. Woof woof.

Q: What's the difference between a butch lesbian and a Congo Hippopotamus?

A: 75 lbs. and a LL Bean red plaid flannel shirt. Size XXL.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#3 Mar 22, 2014
Disordered LesbianWoofers wrote:
Coupla real lookers too. Woof woof.
Grade school insults just prove that you have issues.

Most folks don't determine the worth of others based only on their looks. Why do you? Are you really that insecure? Most bullies are.

“JESUS WOULD IMPEACH THE GOP!!!”

Since: May 09

Lake Success, N.Y.

#4 Mar 22, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Grade school insults just prove that you have issues.
Most folks don't determine the worth of others based only on their looks. Why do you? Are you really that insecure? Most bullies are.
Sad, but expected from this moron who posts from Sayville, NY.

Poll finds 61% of republicans under 30 approve of same sex marriage.

"Today, 61% of Republicans and Republican leaners under 30 favor same-sex marriage while just 35% oppose it. By contrast, just 27% of Republicans ages 50 and older favor allowing gays and lesbians to marry."

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/03/...
Cat74

Roselle, IL

#5 Mar 22, 2014
Another Court upheld the ban a couple hours later. I thought this went to the Supreme Court already/
Fundies R Mentally Eel

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Mar 22, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Another Court upheld the ban a couple hours later. I thought this went to the Supreme Court already/
That is not what has happened in all these cases.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#9 Mar 23, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
I wonder how many people approve of marriage are married now?

Lake Success, N.Y.

#10 Mar 23, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
WRONG!

All ya gotta do is prove your case numbnuts!
Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

#14 Mar 23, 2014
Check it out. Ask the kid next door to show you how to look up the real news.
Funides R Mentally illin

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Mar 23, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Cretin, stop advertising that you don't grasp the difference between a stay and a decision.
Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

#16 Mar 23, 2014
Actually I think Gays should be permitted to marry. They would probably make better parents then these men, and women who sleep around, have multi parents. At least the Gay couple we know have had a stable relationship for years. Take the children's education serious. Some married people make worse parents. I just think it should be one ruling from the Supremes, and Done.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#17 Mar 23, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Actually I think Gays should be permitted to marry. They would probably make better parents then these men, and women who sleep around, have multi parents. At least the Gay couple we know have had a stable relationship for years. Take the children's education serious. Some married people make worse parents. I just think it should be one ruling from the Supremes, and Done.
You were vehemently against gay marriage - you made many posts in defense of DOMA. Have you now changed your mind?

Nothing wrong with evolving - just want you to clarify this.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#18 Mar 23, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
Hey moron - read before you post crap;

"The federal appeals court issued a temporary stay in the case until Wednesday, and directed attorneys for the same-sex plaintiffs in the case to respond to the state attorney general's request to place the lower court's ruling on hold pending an appeal."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/03/22/us-...

A stay you imbecile!

Ask the kid next door to show you how to look up the real news!!!!!!!!!
Funides R Mentally illin

Philadelphia, PA

#19 Mar 23, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
You were vehemently against gay marriage - you made many posts in defense of DOMA. Have you now changed your mind?
Nothing wrong with evolving - just want you to clarify this.
The shock of losing on marriage equality has created concussive brain damage.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#20 Mar 23, 2014
Funides R Mentally illin wrote:
<quoted text>
The shock of losing on marriage equality has created concussive brain damage.
And your excuse for your obvious brain damage?
Funides R Mentally illin

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Mar 23, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
And your excuse for your obvious brain damage?
I was misunderstood as a child.

And as an adult....
Cat74

Bolingbrook, IL

#22 Mar 24, 2014
I have always maintained marriage for everyone, I don't care what your interests are. If we don't have the correct law, change it. You don't have to batter people over the head. Elect like minded people, and change the law. People are people. I just want everything to be nice, and legal. I have a friend whose daughter and her partner just had a baby. There were 75 people at their baby shower. They will make wonderful parents. I am looking forward to their wedding. I just don't like the way progressives stomp on the laws that are already in place.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#23 Mar 24, 2014
Cat74 wrote:
I have always maintained marriage for everyone, I don't care what your interests are. If we don't have the correct law, change it. You don't have to batter people over the head. Elect like minded people, and change the law. People are people. I just want everything to be nice, and legal. I have a friend whose daughter and her partner just had a baby. There were 75 people at their baby shower. They will make wonderful parents. I am looking forward to their wedding. I just don't like the way progressives stomp on the laws that are already in place.
First Cnutnip74, the laws prohibited Gays from marrying - and you WERE all for that for a LONG LONG time!

Progressives were the ones fighting for equality for ALL CITIZENS!

No one stomped on a law - the fight to change it is in your opinion stomping on the law? Get over yourself - you sound ridiculous. And you never answered the question - what made you change your mind after being in full support for the DOMA?

Lake Success, N.Y.

#24 Mar 24, 2014
Funides R Mentally illin wrote:
<quoted text>
I was misunderstood as a child.
And as an adult....
Great song for that, from "Incognito", called "Misunderstood" - great track - check it out!
El oh El

Webster, MA

#25 Mar 24, 2014
TonyT1961 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sad, but expected from this moron who posts from Sayville, NY.
"Today, 61% of Republicans and Republican leaners under 30 favor same-sex marriage while just 35% oppose it. By contrast, just 27% of Republicans ages 50 and older favor allowing gays and lesbians to marry."
http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2014/03/...
Its typical of all NYers. Dumb and ignorant Yankee fans. the whole lot of them. I mean seriously, who could trust anything a Yankee fan says? Ok Im kididng (im a Red Sox fan).

On a serious note, why does anyone care what 2 consenting adults do in their own home? Some people just need to grow up and Live and let Live.

There are so many more pressing issues in our world that require much more attention than this simple civil rights issue.

Lake Success, N.Y.

#26 Mar 24, 2014
El oh El wrote:
<quoted text>Its typical of all NYers. Dumb and ignorant Yankee fans. the whole lot of them. I mean seriously, who could trust anything a Yankee fan says? Ok Im kididng (im a Red Sox fan).
On a serious note, why does anyone care what 2 consenting adults do in their own home? Some people just need to grow up and Live and let Live.
There are so many more pressing issues in our world that require much more attention than this simple civil rights issue.
One of my best friends is a Sox fan - we buy tickets at each stadium and have a blast.

I agree / let this issue die - it's really not an issue anymore.

Except for the religious fanatics / they never let this go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kids will ruin your life (Jun '10) 12 hr annals 198
Should I Spank my sons over the Pants, over the... (Apr '14) Aug 24 Nick 16
News Irish gay marriage referendum campaigner warns ... Aug 23 Fa-Foxy 8
News Judge Byrd reprimanded in Wilson County case (Feb '08) Aug 17 Pepper 188
News Barack Obama's daughter Malia filmed smoking we... Aug 13 Serratus Anterior 1
News Fewer Women Are Having Babies Than Ever Before Aug 11 Serratus Anterior 5
News Making GOP history, Trump vows to protect LGBTQ... Aug 7 GCT 12
More from around the web