10 Myths About Single Black Mothers

10 Myths About Single Black Mothers

There are 38 comments on the KMJM - Majic 104.9 story from Jan 27, 2011, titled 10 Myths About Single Black Mothers. In it, KMJM - Majic 104.9 reports that:

Myth 1: Single black moms have low-incomes: The 'single black mom' is most often portrayed as struggling and welfare-bound. She is not self-sufficient and because of this her children suffer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMJM - Majic 104.9.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#25 Jan 27, 2011
CaptainJoy wrote:
<quoted text>
He has been punishing everyone since we allowed you to integrate in 1964.
That statement may ruffle someone else's feathers because I could care less about being in proximity of whites that are like you.

For a long time I was under the impression that y'all stank when you got rained upon, but I'm seeing alot of y'all retain an innate stench.

Location hidden

#26 Jan 27, 2011
Chewie T wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe in punishing the child for the sins of the father? No one alive today ever owned a slave. Except in Africa where the practice continues today.
The sins of your father has trickled down to & through you. Lets not play with thios thing, look at the way you talk to & about Black people on this forum.

If you could own a slave, YOU would, but you can't because your @$$ would get lit up like Vegas. So, you pop slick behind the computer. That is what you all do. Then you come out from in front of the pc & smile in our faces in REAL life.

Location hidden

#27 Jan 27, 2011
Concerncitizen wrote:
<quoted text> Years ago I worked for social service and from our records it was white on wefare more than blacks. Blacks didn't wanted to stay in trailor parks.
The UNTOLD truth!

But, they wrap the stats around us though.

“Everybody Dies...”

Since: Jan 10

...But not Everybody Lives.

#28 Jan 27, 2011
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>
For a long time I was under the impression that y'all stank when you got rained upon, but I'm seeing alot of y'all retain an innate stench.

One finally admits it.

Location hidden

#29 Jan 27, 2011
AxeMeAnything wrote:
<quoted text>
offence
Devine
deinals
Why has god denied you the ability to think? Do you think he's pissed off that you were his "chosen" people, yet thousands upon thousands of years later, you continue to suck?
Your problem with me is that I do flex the ability to think. Not only do you see that, you also see my divinity, or else you would have not mentioned anything about being "CHOSEN".

“...and I'll axe you back.”

Since: Jan 11

Indianapolis

#30 Jan 27, 2011
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>Your problem with me is that I do flex the ability to think. Not only do you see that, you also see my divinity, or else you would have not mentioned anything about being "CHOSEN".
Lay off the ripple, drunk. YOU, in your delusion, said "chosen." It wasn't more than an hour ago...??

Location hidden

#31 Jan 27, 2011
Drunken Masta wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =9jQRpsEl3_cXX
One finally admits it.
LOL!!!

Its a wonder the CAT didn't start freakin' out!!!

LOL!!

What up fam!

“Obsidian Princess”

Since: Sep 09

louisiana

#32 Jan 27, 2011
Edthirty wrote:
It appears we have another feel good article attempting to excuse or give more acceptance to the selfish and stupid choice of having out of wedlock children. While the author's intent was to dispel myths, some of the harsh realities should have been mentioned as well.
this is exactly what i thought about the article. it seems more emotional then logical too.

the harsh realities FAR outweigh anything positive that could come out of single parenthood and of course every child born out of wed-lock is not doomed to failure but we know that children in single parent families tend to suffer much more then children in two parent familes.

what needs to be dispelled is making the black community the poster child for out of wed-lock births and single parenthood.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#33 Jan 27, 2011
Concerncitizen wrote:
<quoted text> Years ago I worked for social service and from our records it was white on wefare more than blacks. Blacks didn't wanted to stay in trailor parks.
Start a thread about it!!!! Please.

Location hidden

#34 Jan 27, 2011
AxeMeAnything wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay off the ripple, drunk. YOU, in your delusion, said "chosen." It wasn't more than an hour ago...??
I know you may think we all look alike, & it seems you can't even make a distinction through the net either, but Imma need you to "post a link & not a lie".

“I'm out hunting”

For your mind and soul

#36 Jan 27, 2011
The article post no data to support it's claims.

Location hidden

#38 Jan 28, 2011
CaptainJoy wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not stench but disgust. Much like the disgust that even blacks have about other blacks. That's why they move away from the black community when they get the chance.
Its not that Blacks move away from Blacks for the sake of moving away from Blacks, no. Blacks relocate for sake of disbanding themselves from poverty (which has NO face, nor ethnicity), not their people.

“I'm BACK, Baby!”

Location hidden

#39 Jan 28, 2011
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>
If you could own a slave, YOU would
What possible reason would I have for owning a slave? We have immigrants to do that work now.

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#40 Jan 28, 2011
well the article didn't provide any statistical facts. i don't know why anyone would still try to defend single black female headed households, which are literally destroying the aa community. these people are just enemies of aa and should be treated as such:

http://www.city-journal.org/html/15_3_black_f...

it's a damn shame that you have to go to a ww in order to get the real deal.smdh!
meat

Elgin, IL

#43 Jan 28, 2011
souns like a hole bunch a crackas commentin on dis one!

Location hidden

#44 Jan 28, 2011
meat wrote:
souns like a hole bunch a crackas commentin on dis one!
Comments that have nothing to do with the thread topic.

To hear it from THEM, it would be suggested that Blacks are at the top of the pile when it comes to A.D.D.

This forum proves otherwise.
nassa

Elgin, IL

#45 Jan 28, 2011
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>Comments that have nothing to do with the thread topic.
To hear it from THEM, it would be suggested that Blacks are at the top of the pile when it comes to A.D.D.
This forum proves otherwise.
thanks dr.dufus!:\
wow

Brooklyn, NY

#48 Nov 1, 2013
AxeMeAnything wrote:
<quoted text>
offence
Devine
deinals
Why has god denied you the ability to think? Do you think he's pissed off that you were his "chosen" people, yet thousands upon thousands of years later, you continue to suck?
Not all white men suck but most such on black dick is that how you guys a paying for you fathers sins.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Read one gay dad's scathing letter to anti-LGBT... 11 min Belle Sexton 2
News Fisher-Price's new campaign is making a positiv... 2 hr leticia 16
News How Autistic People Helped Shape the Modern World 2 hr friend 12
News Ben Affleck, Jennifer Garner are divorcing 10 hr Kevn 1
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 12 hr thetruth 21
News Sex in the family bed: Does it happen? (Jul '11) Aug 26 Jennie 11
News How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... (Nov '14) Aug 25 Irish 1,360
More from around the web