10 Myths About Single Black Mothers

There are 20 comments on the KMJM - Majic 104.9 story from Jan 27, 2011, titled 10 Myths About Single Black Mothers. In it, KMJM - Majic 104.9 reports that:

Myth 1: Single black moms have low-incomes: The 'single black mom' is most often portrayed as struggling and welfare-bound. She is not self-sufficient and because of this her children suffer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KMJM - Majic 104.9.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

#1 Jan 27, 2011
It appears we have another feel good article attempting to excuse or give more acceptance to the selfish and stupid choice of having out of wedlock children. While the author's intent was to dispel myths, some of the harsh realities should have been mentioned as well.
WhiteBongo

Glasgow, UK

#3 Jan 27, 2011
Why have these stereotypes, they are dumb.

People are just people getting on with there lifes, let them regardless of their circumstances or race.
fairguynova

Tallahassee, FL

#4 Jan 27, 2011
The problem I have with this "article", is that the data shows otherwise. Most delinquent children come from homes headed by single moms...

“...and I'll axe you back.”

Since: Jan 11

Indianapolis

#6 Jan 27, 2011
I find the term "myth" in the title of this article offensive.
The Dot

Lynnwood, WA

#8 Jan 27, 2011
I hate black people.

Indianapolis

#9 Jan 27, 2011
The Dot wrote:
I hate black people.
Everyone does.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#10 Jan 27, 2011
fairguynova wrote:
The problem I have with this "article", is that the data shows otherwise. Most delinquent children come from homes headed by single moms...
...And that's Black or white.

Location hidden

#11 Jan 27, 2011
CaptainJoy wrote:
Make up your minds. Is it black mothers or African American mothers. Or can you people say mother without fu****???
Stay on topic cave girl.

Location hidden

#12 Jan 27, 2011
Joe Biden wrote:
Are they really myths if they're true?
Its a myth when ASSUMED that these conditions apply collectively to single Black women.

Location hidden

#13 Jan 27, 2011
AxeMeAnything wrote:
I find the term "myth" in the title of this article offensive.
YOU would.

Location hidden

#14 Jan 27, 2011
The Dot wrote:
I hate black people.
Right back atcha! ;{)

Indianapolis

#15 Jan 27, 2011
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>YOU would.
But I'm offended. Shouldn't I get some hate-crime legislation or a federally-funded pity check or something???

“I'm BACK, Baby!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#16 Jan 27, 2011
AxeMeAnything wrote:
<quoted text>
But I'm offended. Shouldn't I get some hate-crime legislation or a federally-funded pity check or something???
You know what offends me? Brussels sprouts. Always have.

Indianapolis

#17 Jan 27, 2011
Chewie T wrote:
You know what offends me? Brussels sprouts. Always have.
I agree; asparagus offends me too. Why can't we tax these offensive vegetables to support the production of something that our tiny caucus of bias finds more appealing??

Location hidden

#18 Jan 27, 2011
AxeMeAnything wrote:
<quoted text>
What ever offence you & those like you Axe inherit is merely Devine retribution.

And as far as I can see, you have yet to be compensated FULLY.

I guess this is whats meant when describing THE MOST HIGH's ability to anger slow. But, remember, HIS delays are not HIS deinals...pay day is some day! ;{)
Sue

Charlottesville, VA

#19 Jan 27, 2011
The Dot wrote:
I hate black people.
Oh Lord did you hate the black person that you had the baby with? You thought we didn't know that did you.

“I'm BACK, Baby!”

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#21 Jan 27, 2011
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>What ever offence you & those like you Axe inherit is merely Devine retribution.
I guess this is whats meant when describing THE MOST HIGH's ability to anger slow. But, remember, HIS delays are not HIS deinals...pay day is some day! ;{)
So you believe in punishing the child for the sins of the father? No one alive today ever owned a slave. Except in Africa where the practice continues today.
Concerncitizen

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Jan 27, 2011
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>...And that's Black or white.
Years ago I worked for social service and from our records it was white on wefare more than blacks. Blacks didn't wanted to stay in trailor parks.

Indianapolis

#23 Jan 27, 2011
vampiYAH stabB wrote:
<quoted text>What ever offence you & those like you Axe inherit is merely Devine retribution.
offence
Devine
deinals

Why has god denied you the ability to think? Do you think he's pissed off that you were his "chosen" people, yet thousands upon thousands of years later, you continue to suck?

Indianapolis

#24 Jan 27, 2011
Chewie T wrote:
<quoted text>
So you believe in punishing the child for the sins of the father? No one alive today ever owned a slave. Except in Africa where the practice continues today.
OH
MY
GOD!

This kind of truth is simply unacceptable in the African American (LOL) forum.

You know, it's so strange, I search and searched, and there was no box on my census form this year for "German American."

Don't I get some free federal goodies for being...from somewhere else?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 36 min QUITTNER May 3 2015 1,245
News How to teach students not to do everything they... 4 hr tom wingo 2
News Poor financial choices have hurt our nation Apr 27 clowns 2
News 5 Ways Infertility Can Destroy Your Marriage Apr 16 Kavadonga 8
News 'Free-range kids' parents Danielle and Alexande... Apr 15 fedupwiththemess 1
News Free-range kids busted again Apr 15 fedupwiththemess 1
News Parenting Stress Higher for Girls with Autism Apr 14 Friend 2
More from around the web