Mom sentenced over trash-eating girl

Mom sentenced over trash-eating girl

There are 10 comments on the The Arizona Republic story from Jul 31, 2013, titled Mom sentenced over trash-eating girl. In it, The Arizona Republic reports that:

A Southern California teacher's aide has pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor charge after her 12-year-old daughter was found wandering the streets naked and eating garbage.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Arizona Republic.

Since: Jan 07

Location Shown

#1 Aug 7, 2013
Like a stray Cat

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#2 Aug 7, 2013
This is just sad.......

8-(

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#3 Aug 7, 2013
Could not find child care? I don't buy it one bit!

To think this so called mother got off with a slap on the wrist!

She's a teacher aid........or well was I'm guessing!
Times are a Changing

Torrance, CA

#4 Aug 7, 2013
Poor child her pain is just beginning this tragedy will manifest itself in her adult life:( Child endangerment charges dropped WTF fire that judge! 10 days of work release and 120 days of community services. How about sending her sorry A$$ to child development classes.

The girl has been returned to her home.

Are you people &*%$#)*^$##&^%$#@ idiots?

Mother says, child has obsessive compulsive disorder and hoards food. Ok

That's not normal!! Heard of therapy lady!

Betts told authorities she’d been unable to obtain child care and left the girl in her underwear in an unlocked car while she worked.

Will somebody please fire every damned one of those idiots involved in returning her to her mother!!!!!

You will see this same kid on Las Vegas cops for prostitution or drugs, possibly more.

Imprison her mother! For blatant child abuse and endangerment!

“I know where you are,”

Since: Jun 08

Right here under my thumb

#5 Aug 7, 2013
Doesn't say too much about the Southern California Public School hot lunch menu.

“....VETS”

Since: Jan 08

WELCOME HOME

#7 Aug 7, 2013
doesn't sound right
QUESTIONS:

12 year old doesn't go to school?
sit in a car , nobody but no body at the school's parking area never seen her...
mom takes her out of house with no clothes

“My latest victim”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#8 Aug 7, 2013
tallyho wrote:
doesn't sound right
QUESTIONS:
12 year old doesn't go to school?
sit in a car , nobody but no body at the school's parking area never seen her...
mom takes her out of house with no clothes
Earlier stories claim that the mother kept the daughter naked so she wouldn't leave the car.
Treena_G

Portland, OR

#9 Aug 7, 2013
I never wandered the neighborhood naked, but in the summer time until I was about nine I would do it in my patties, then after that I wandered around and only cutoff jeans. Finally about the time I turned 12 neighbors and passersby stopped thinking it was cute, and finally my mom made the rule that if I'm going to go wandering around I had to wear a shirt as well. I remember being mad and crying at that! All that said, this poor kid I agree there is either a lot more to the story, or a great travesty of justice occurred – again. Somebody evidently decided that kid would be worse off without her mother, may be there foster program is so overwhelmed there was no place else to put the girl, could be any number of things.

“Forehead wrinkle”

Since: Dec 10

Homefries

#10 Aug 8, 2013
Treena_G wrote:
I never wandered the neighborhood naked, but in the summer time until I was about nine I would do it in my patties, then after that I wandered around and only cutoff jeans. Finally about the time I turned 12 neighbors and passersby stopped thinking it was cute, and finally my mom made the rule that if I'm going to go wandering around I had to wear a shirt as well. I remember being mad and crying at that! All that said, this poor kid I agree there is either a lot more to the story, or a great travesty of justice occurred – again. Somebody evidently decided that kid would be worse off without her mother, may be there foster program is so overwhelmed there was no place else to put the girl, could be any number of things.
I agree, it's totally innocent. I sometimes walk around my neighborhood with only a T-shirt on. The neighborhood women don't seem to mind.
poaaddle

West Mifflin, PA

#11 Aug 8, 2013
youtube.com/watch... …
Is that a trassh eating family?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should I Spank my sons over the Pants, over the... (Apr '14) Wed Nick 16
News Irish gay marriage referendum campaigner warns ... Aug 23 Fa-Foxy 8
News Judge Byrd reprimanded in Wilson County case (Feb '08) Aug 17 Pepper 188
News Barack Obama's daughter Malia filmed smoking we... Aug 13 Serratus Anterior 1
News Fewer Women Are Having Babies Than Ever Before Aug 11 Serratus Anterior 5
News Making GOP history, Trump vows to protect LGBTQ... Aug 7 GCT 12
News From crisis to success: How community groups ar... Aug 7 no wonder 1
More from around the web