Divorce study plays down damage to th...

Divorce study plays down damage to the children

There are 136 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Apr 25, 2008, titled Divorce study plays down damage to the children. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

For years, social scientists have believed children of divorce have had more behavior problems than kids growing up in two-parent homes.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Lea Banken

Buffalo, MN

#137 Sep 10, 2011
CARVERCOUNTYCORRUPTION.WORDPRESS.COM

Chaska, MN - JEBRO:
I was just assigned Linda Gerr...

You are from Chaska, what is your story? Have you seen my blog?

We have many parents asking for the admins on the blog to post their stories... if you have one please let me know.

What do you all have on Linda Gerr? GAL`s are simply nafarious in general... they have no business meddling in children affairs, unfortunately they were simply created to help rig cases. So I know all reports on her will be negative.
Gordon Whiteman - the previous GAL quit because he was approached by the media, asking to be interviewed. Of course he declined.

Carver County will be investigated. We have a few cases that will be split open, if you have more children suffering from this sick county let us know. Your case could be added to the list.

Thank you!
ncpp
Lea Banken

Buffalo, MN

#138 Sep 10, 2011
This is a pointless question, but what is Linda Gerr listed all over the geographical United States for ?

Anyone seen the article on Stewart Greenberg of Seattle? Custody Evaluator who took his own life after being busted, his cases were investigated. Greenberg: responsible for over 2000 children suffering - due to this man`s traveling all over the US rigging cases... The article is on my blog if you want to read it... good reading! It is unreal how these freaks rig these cases... simply sinister and sick!

Carver CPS: Tracee Bosch, Nicole Mercil, Carole Cole, Gordon Whiteman GAL, Jean Hariman GAL, Judge`s Cain-Eide-Perkins-and one more that has not been outed yet... Susan Olson GAL... they are all in a bit of dutch.
We have a master roster of the MN possy rigging cases if anyone would like to see it. It lists even attorneys...
[email protected]

Email us anytime!
Lea Banken

Chicago, IL

#139 Oct 26, 2011
Linda Gerr, if there is abuse involved in your situation - will force the child into the abuse - she is a low life - coward - like the rest of the crooks in family court. GAL`s are generally worthless - yes. They are there for one reason - one reason only. To instigate high conflict custody litigation - and make the courts money, lots of it.
Family Court is nothing more than a multi-million dollar machine. Best interest of the child - there is no such thing.
Linda Gerr, Gordon Whiteman, Jean Hariman- you should be VERY concerned if any three of these pukes are involved in your case - and there is abuse involved. They get kicks off forcing young kids into abuse, AND they make a ton of money off of it.

Low lifes... about the only way you can explain that one.
There day is coming...:)
Kelrt

Northfield, MN

#140 Nov 10, 2011
Zhou wrote:
<quoted text>
I am completely in agreement, in a recent case in front of Leppanen I saw her go in direct contradiction to common sense and the direct testimony of 7 St Paul Police Officers. Please post contact info here if you are interested in comparing notes and taking action.
The good news is she is due to retire this month, anyone want to bet she uses her experience as a corrupt and inadequate public official to start a career in family law?
I believe you about the police. When referee Leppanen is in the court room, she thinks, she has too much (God) power to treat innocent people like trash. A wicked creature who is in this earth to act evil.
Lttifa

Northfield, MN

#141 Nov 12, 2011
Lea Banken wrote:
CARVERCOUNTYCORRUPTION.WORDPRE SS.COM
Chaska, MN - JEBRO:
We have many parents asking for the admins on the blog to post their stories... if you have one please let me know.
What do you all have on Linda Gerr? GAL`s are simply nafarious in general... they have no business meddling in children affairs, unfortunately they were simply created to help rig cases. So I know all reports on her will be negative.
Gordon Whiteman - the previous GAL quit because he was approached by the media, asking to be interviewed. Of course he declined.
Carver County will be investigated. We have a few cases that will be split open, if you have more children suffering from this sick county let us know. Your case could be added to the list.
Thank you!
ncpp
In Carver County, social workers have to find something against the families to take their children away and put them in broken foster homes. In Ramsey county Judges do not go by laws but by who has money. Judges place kids in houses of criminals who have money to pay three lawyers.
A Ramsey county Judge placed my daughter in another state to live with a woman who makes a lot of money but she is prostitute and drug addicted. She ended up prostituting my daugher with her male relative.
SadDad

Saint Paul, MN

#142 Dec 22, 2011
I recently went through an OFP custody issue with my former girlfriend. Despite police evidence and testimony that she was the abusive and violent parent, as well as her own testimony that immediately prior to her arrest for Domestic Assault she had driven both kids while having a BAC of .19

Referee Leppanen dismissed my OFP, granted her one against me, and limited my parenting time to 12 hours per week. Leppanen also admitted (in court transcripts) to having conversations with my EX's lawyer outside of the courtroom. Leppanen was also on familiar and friendly terms with my EX's mother who is a supervisor at Ramsey County Child Protection and perjured herself during the trial.

I am gathering evidence regarding Leppanen, in spite of the fact that she is retired as of last month. I would like to get enough of a case to push for serious reform and hopefully get all of her cases reviewed.

If you have anything to contribute please, contact me: [email protected]
Gredm

Saint Paul, MN

#143 Jan 15, 2012
The ones who have been Leppenen's victims and who can prove that she is a liar and lie in court without being punished should take a case against her. This corruption happens in other countries, but in the US?
Pamela

Cleveland, TX

#144 Mar 26, 2012
BTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Mary, Linda Gerr was the GAL in my case and my attorney and I agree with you. I would be interested to hear what you have regarding her work.
She has handled my husband's case as well. She never did anything the court ordered her to do, and it has all been a big waste of time and money. Linda Gerr gets paid for services she never performs and she doesn't care about the children.
Pamela Weisel

Cleveland, TX

#145 Mar 26, 2012
Lea Banken wrote:
CARVERCOUNTYCORRUPTION.WORDPRE SS.COM
Chaska, MN - JEBRO:
Thank you!
ncpp
Please add my husband to this. He also has been assigned Linda Gerr, but in Scott County and it has been horrible. It has been 3 years, and to date, Linda has NEVER done a Parenting Time arrangement. My husband is suppose to have Joint PHYSICAL custody of his daughter, and his parenting time arrangement from the Judge gives him less than 25% time for visits with his daughter.
Melissa davidson

United States

#146 Apr 14, 2012
I have a serious issue with this horrible woman. Just found this info and gonna fight hard against her!
Bindlestiff

New Ulm, MN

#147 Jul 9, 2012
Jebro wrote:
OK, are we talking about the Linda Gerr in Le Seuer County? If so, I am concerned about some of these posts. She has been assigned the Guardian Ad Litem in my grandchilds case. I am scared. Who do I contact
She has been assigned to my niece as well. Nothing but trouble and more heartache. What can she do about it?
Frustrated mother

United States

#148 Jul 10, 2012
I have Linda Gerr assigned to my case she has done nothing for my kids. She was court ordered to interview both of us do two follow up calls and meet with my kids and submit a letter to the court for recommendations in September 2011. She met with my ex met with me down played the situation Never did any follow up calls never met with my kids. It stayed in limbo long enough that the court set a court sat for march 28 2012. She submitted her report a few days before court. Not sure what it was based on as she never called or met with my kids. The court went with her recommendation we received new papers. Then my ex decided he does not like the result hires an attorney who contacts Linda who calls the judge who reclarifies the order and changes it back. Making my kids not understand what happened and why it changed and all I can say is I don't know. Bringing us to today issues are getting worse for my kids do I contact Linda back. No answer then I reserve an email saying she won't have time until after the 4th of July. Well it is after I have sent several e mails and have heard nothing. If anyone has any ideas please let me know!
James S Kavaloski

Saint Paul, MN

#149 Aug 15, 2012
Yes, I had a similar experience with this terribly unprofessional, biased and disorganized GAL. My divorce was final March 2010, but she was appointed in Early 2009. She only spent ONE HOUR with myself and my 3 children in over a year, once failed to show up for a court heraing that was counting on her input(and court dismissed and had to re-schedule as a result). Had it not been for a very pointed and scathing email I sent to her before the court ruled on physical and Legal custody, she would never have changed her recommendation of sole physical and legal custody to my ex-spouse. As it worked out, my former spouse received sole physical custody, we have joint legal custody, I have visitation some weekends and holidays, which really does not mean much because the reality is legal custody means nothing to the kids...what they experience and remember is the loss of time with one parent. I commonly refer to Minnesota's ANTI-family court system... a real shame for a state that prides itself in being so progressive and liberal. The reality in family court is quite different, especially towards fathers....repressive, archaic, shameful.
BTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Gerr goes all over. If I remember correctly she lives in Faribault, but the GALs cover large territory. The GAL program is a state program, and judges simply appoint one to a case, the notice is forwarded to the program, and the program managers assign one (I'm assuming it's a queue.) She'll definitely do work in Le Sueur Cty. If you're in Chaska, you're close to me.
Justice

Northfield, MN

#150 Dec 2, 2013
People make comments about Referee Ann Leppanen, an evil creature that came to this life only to hurt and destroy human beings. She commits criminal acts.
She not only destroyed my family by taking away my family members from me, she also forced me to move away from my house to protected those criminals who tried to kill me. The Ramsey court system allowed her to have the power to destroy human lives. ANN LEPPANEN should be investigated for committing crimes against humanity.
This creature has a tail and two horns on the head.
xoxoxo12345

Minneapolis, MN

#151 Jun 18, 2014
SOMEONE please help!! I am panicked, the case with my grandchildren has had Linda Geer assigned as GAL. What can I do????
Concerned citizens

Minneapolis, MN

#152 Jan 21, 2015
Yes, Jean Hariman GAL believes abuse is an accepted practice and has supported children be placed in abusive parent's homes. One parent in particular had a restraining order placed on him WHILE THE CHILDREN WERE IN THE HOME. The judge had it issued for all three children in the home yet this woman suggest he have custody. He had a violent criminal record and she was aware. She has a problem with women and basically believes no matter the circumstances, men should be awarded custody. She needs to be outed for the safety of women and children. GALS are given too much weight in cases and like Jean Hariman , are very biased.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News As an atheist, how do I maintain my relationshi... 8 hr thetruth 19
News How Autistic People Helped Shape the Modern World 11 hr friend 8
News Sex in the family bed: Does it happen? (Jul '11) Aug 26 Jennie 11
News How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... (Nov '14) Aug 25 Irish 1,360
How to Secretly Track Your Teen with GPS (Oct '10) Aug 24 serafini223 3
News Azusa Cal-SAFE helps teen moms (Nov '10) Aug 20 teen mom 6
News Ivanhoe fights back against gangs (Apr '07) Aug 13 Ene kay 326
More from around the web