Education Experts: The Tender Trap of Labeling our Kids

Jun 20, 2009 Full story: Review Messenger

"This is my 'A' student," says a mom of one of her sons. "And this," about her other son, "is my difficult one," she says with a big smile and a tousle of his hair.

Full Story

Since: Apr 08

Butler, New Jersey

#1 Jun 22, 2009
Unfortunately, the author fails to address the fact that when that same child goes to college, he or she will be expected to make a passing grade, and GPA does matter as well as the college that one goes to. So does the author suggest letting these kids think that grades do not count, when they do? In college grades are part academic ability and part willingness to do the work required to achieve those grades (i.e. hours of studying, perseverence to complete reuired tasks, ability to be organized and set goals and milestones to reach them. etc. etc.)
Damon
#2 Sep 24, 2013
I have ordered 2 times from this website PILLSMEDSHOP. COM . I called yesterday the customer care and asked for a discount as i was about to order twice the regular amount.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Books for boys Wed guest 1
New local program will help mothers (Aug '08) Wed bump 2
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... Wed QUITTNER Dec 24 2014 210
Why I'm still a Catholic (Oct '13) Dec 23 True Christian wi... 144
Girl's discredited story of sex assault cost da... Dec 22 rolling coaster 1
Swopped babies: mom wants biological child Dec 22 Arse 1
Project Rebound Inc. hosts 20th annual Kwanzaa ... Dec 20 Will Dockery 1
More from around the web