My teenage son curses and threatens t...

My teenage son curses and threatens to punch me

There are 110 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 7, 2008, titled My teenage son curses and threatens to punch me. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Q: My 15-year-old son and I are butting heads a lot lately. When I get on his case about messing up the house, he begins cursing at me and has threatened to punch me.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Dave

Chicago, IL

#114 Jul 13, 2011
I got mouthy to mom when I was in my mid-teens. Mom assured me that it would never happen again. She was correct. It never happened again. Mom tore off my clothes and paddled my ass in front of my friends as well as my brothers and sisters. I was totally humiliated.
I became meek and slowly understood that I had stepped over the line. Mom never had any problem from my younger brothers and sisters. That was more than 20 years ago.

“BSL is BS!”

Since: Feb 09

Location hidden

#115 Jul 26, 2011
Wow, sounds like his parents raised him well...
mjm

Bethlehem, PA

#116 Aug 7, 2011
Since hitting him will only get you in trouble I would warn him the next time he does it he will be going to boot camp and when he does it again, call them and have him picked up. They take kids 8 and up. You may feel sorry for him or bad about doing something so drastic but it may actually save his life. If he is into drugs... he will have a better life.
June

Brooklyn, NY

#117 Nov 18, 2011
You think what your son does is bad. My brother is the devil. He calls my mother name's I've never even heard of. He punches her arm and throws stuff at her. He once threw a cup of hot coffee in her face. I agree that he didn't wake up one morning and become a monster but my parents have always been very passive with him. When I was younger and my brother made a mistake or caused a problem I would get beaten for it. And now when my mother complains and cry's to my "wonderful" father for help he laughs in her face. Seriously just take control and handle it or you will only make matters worse. Trust me some have far more harsher than you.
CaDAD

Rocklin, CA

#118 Nov 19, 2011
That kind of anger has roots somewhere.
I don't mean to call "wolf" but anger like that may be the result of abuse!!!
He may be angry you have not protected him from what ever is happening. You need to try and get him somewhere quiet, without any interruption, so you can have a heartfelt talk and see if you can find out what is going on, That would be the first step IMHO.
Mr Smartypants

United States

#119 Nov 20, 2011
It was quite simple when I was a kid. If me or my brothers ever dared to hit my mom, my uncle would come over and beat the shit out of us to within an inch of our lives. Worked fine and I never dared to strike my mom...
sam

Arnold, MO

#120 Nov 20, 2011
Time to ship his butt to boot camp.
Bingo Bugle

Harrisburg, PA

#121 Nov 21, 2011
Yell louder and hit him back with all you got. Remember, there is NO problem that cannot be solved with violence.
SilverSwanBabies

Lakeland, FL

#122 Nov 21, 2011
it is not uncommon for teenagers to act up in this manner. It would help to seek family counseling.
Juan Medvetz

Brooklyn, NY

#124 Apr 28, 2014
Bushwacker wrote:
What kind of man is your husband that he lets his son threaten his mother?
The kind that was raised in a sick country like America where fags and weaklings are worshipped.
Americans deserve what they're getting. If anyone is organizing a pity party for them, leave my name off the list.
But, if anyone is organizing a party whose guests will defecate and urinate on the faces of Americans, I will be there, invited or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Michael Lohan to release more tapes (Nov '09) Apr 23 Samiielise 40
Should I Spank my sons over the Pants, over the... (Apr '14) Apr 18 Maltamon 20
Sayings by Coco Chanel on life.... Apr 5 misbehaved 1
Kids will ruin your life (Jun '10) Apr 4 pullinmyhairout 201
News Judge Byrd reprimanded in Wilson County case (Feb '08) Mar 31 livingInFloridafo... 191
News Man ordered to pay $62,000 child support (Sep '11) Mar '17 Sierra_Girl 4
News Viral video shows stereotypes about Asian women... Mar '17 pride66 3
More from around the web