Judge Byrd reprimanded in Wilson Coun...

Judge Byrd reprimanded in Wilson County case

There are 191 comments on the Macon County Times story from Sep 19, 2007, titled Judge Byrd reprimanded in Wilson County case. In it, Macon County Times reports that:

A ten member panel of state judges has issued a public reprimand for 15th Circuit Court Judge Clara Byrd due to her actions in a child custody case, the Associated Press reported last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Macon County Times.

Shado

White House, TN

#110 Feb 27, 2014
She is a disgrace to the Judicial System. I refuse to call her "Judge". And yes, I know her and have worked in her Court until I chose not to work in her courtroom because of her disgraceful behavior on the bench. Yes, she may go to church but that means very little as we all should know. I work w/judges throughout the State of TN and many years and she is a "clown".
wrongedfamily347 39

Lebanon, TN

#112 Mar 4, 2014
grandmother wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you, she needs to be removed, she is somewhere out in la la land. Has no business being a judge. She rules one way in a court hearing and then changes her mind and rules differently at the the next hearing. Let's band together - she needs to go.
Right on grandmother !!By the way when is she out for good??
wrongedfamily347 39

Lebanon, TN

#113 Mar 4, 2014
fedupintn wrote:
I suggesst you go to this forum, it's the announcement of Judge Byrd seeking reelection and post your comments there.
http://www.lebanondemocrat.com/article/wilson...
WHO ELSE IS RUNNING??????!!!!
know

Lafayette, TN

#114 Mar 11, 2014
wrongedfamily34739 wrote:
<quoted text>
WHO ELSE IS RUNNING??????!!!!
I've been threatened by Judge Byrd through the TBI. I intended to do a citizens arrest on her for her corruption and violating numerous laws. My name is Chris Townes and I will discuss this corruption to anyone. We should impeach her and stop the injustice she performs on the bench. Its a potential devastating to the innocent kids. The case was Diehl v Diehl Jan2013. Now judge Ash took it over and still allows a criminal stepmother and child abuser father keep the daughter. God bless the son is here.
wilsoncountymom

Franklin, KY

#115 Mar 11, 2014
know wrote:
<quoted text>
I've been threatened by Judge Byrd through the TBI. I intended to do a citizens arrest on her for her corruption and violating numerous laws. My name is Chris Townes and I will discuss this corruption to anyone. We should impeach her and stop the injustice she performs on the bench. Its a potential devastating to the innocent kids. The case was Diehl v Diehl Jan2013. Now judge Ash took it over and still allows a criminal stepmother and child abuser father keep the daughter. God bless the son is here.
Citizens arrest on the judge? TBI? Paranoid much? Wow.
Husband

Phoenix, AZ

#117 Mar 14, 2014
Hey my wife and I..(more her) are going through the same thing in Lebanon tn..The dad is a drunk and he, his attorney, the grandparents, the judge and even our attorney are all friends..my wife has 2 daughters that she has always had full custody of and now we wanted to relocate..In our hearing the opposing side just lied and lied about us and the judge believed everything even though we had hard evidence proving otherwise..judge Byrd refused to see it or hear my wife at all and is threatening her and they were all laughing at her in court..how do we get this moved to a different court? The opposing side has money and we just spent all our savings of almost $30k just to have our family ripped apart
wilsoncountymom

Franklin, KY

#118 Mar 14, 2014
You can't change the judge...that's what my lawyer told me.
joke

United States

#119 Mar 14, 2014
Hamilton is a joke, I recently moved here and can't believe the system . Why hasn't someone done something about these 2 mockers?. He makes his judgments on what he would have done, or what he thinks should have happened. That old fart need to go to law school. Cause he certainly does not follow the law. Is he the only pony show in this town ?
Karma

Brevard, NC

#120 Mar 14, 2014
joke wrote:
Hamilton is a joke, I recently moved here and can't believe the system . Why hasn't someone done something about these 2 mockers?. He makes his judgments on what he would have done, or what he thinks should have happened. That old fart need to go to law school. Cause he certainly does not follow the law. Is he the only pony show in this town ?
Hamilton just recently retired thank GOD! Hes just one of our little corrupt judges in this town..
FedupinTN

Gallatin, TN

#121 Mar 26, 2014
Any Wilson county or Smith county lawyer will all tell you the same thing, the woman is an idiot your case will end up in appeals. She does not know the Law, and she thinks she is a God. We heard this fro m just about every lawyer we talked to. I know we have visited over 6 lawyers has retained 4 and are now on the 5th. Tried to have case moved her to Sumner county and can't. For 8 years she has had a case for a man and woman legally married for 2 years, no kids no property. She embelzzeld *the ex wife) embellzeled thousands of dollars which has been proven. from the man. She lives in a house paid for with 2 brand new cars sitting in the drive way and sits on her fat rear end claiming ot be disabled. I have photos taken by police officers showing quite the contrary. Her soon to be ex has had to pay her 400 A WEEK. What justice is this. This did not involve another woman his wife through him out all he was left with was his clothes. He didn't even get his boat which I suspect she has now sold. I am threatening now to call the local news. Since this election time I'm sure Mrs Byrd whould love to see her mug face on TV again.
NoMoByrdPleass

Lebanon, TN

#122 Mar 26, 2014
You speak for many and you speak the truth ...
FedupinTN wrote:
Any Wilson county or Smith county lawyer will all tell you the same thing, the woman is an idiot your case will end up in appeals. She does not know the Law, and she thinks she is a God. We heard this fro m just about every lawyer we talked to. I know we have visited over 6 lawyers has retained 4 and are now on the 5th. Tried to have case moved her to Sumner county and can't. For 8 years she has had a case for a man and woman legally married for 2 years, no kids no property. She embelzzeld *the ex wife) embellzeled thousands of dollars which has been proven. from the man. She lives in a house paid for with 2 brand new cars sitting in the drive way and sits on her fat rear end claiming ot be disabled. I have photos taken by police officers showing quite the contrary. Her soon to be ex has had to pay her 400 A WEEK. What justice is this. This did not involve another woman his wife through him out all he was left with was his clothes. He didn't even get his boat which I suspect she has now sold. I am threatening now to call the local news. Since this election time I'm sure Mrs Byrd whould love to see her mug face on TV again.
concerned parent

Nashville, TN

#123 May 12, 2014
what are the steps to file a complaint with the judicial board?
Blue devils

United States

#124 May 12, 2014
wilsoncountymom wrote:
You can't change the judge...that's what my lawyer told me.
you most certainly can change a judge and ask them to recuse themselves from your case, but you have to be able to prove that judge cannot be impartial..
Blue devils

United States

#125 May 12, 2014
concerned parent wrote:
what are the steps to file a complaint with the judicial board?
go to the website called Tennessee office of the courts..download a complaint form..fill It out and mail it to them..the address where it is to be mailed is indicated on the website..a judge is supposed to recuse if you fill one of these forms out..good luck:)
who cares

Cottontown, TN

#126 Jun 4, 2014
I know this judge very well threw court several times and get done dirty I'm a full time mother that works a fulltime job n every month my ex can go to court every month with just a 100$ for three kids and he is suuposed to pay 300$ and something a month he always gets by with this and she always says pay this amount by next court date but he never pays that amount n nothing gets done I have to struggle and pay my own bills while he lives rent free at his parents he is 16 thousand behind I just do understand very poor judge
Blue devils

Matthews, NC

#127 Jun 4, 2014
who cares wrote:
I know this judge very well threw court several times and get done dirty I'm a full time mother that works a fulltime job n every month my ex can go to court every month with just a 100$ for three kids and he is suuposed to pay 300$ and something a month he always gets by with this and she always says pay this amount by next court date but he never pays that amount n nothing gets done I have to struggle and pay my own bills while he lives rent free at his parents he is 16 thousand behind I just do understand very poor judge
i sympathise with your situation..but let me fill you in on a tiny little secret in this town with the 15th judicial district..your issues are coming from the local child support office..your brilliant wonderful and scheming child support administrator and her name is Cori Copeland..let me tell you exactly how to break this crap up..you've got to be really smart though..go to TN.gov ..child support..there's a form there to fill out a complaint..one to fill out a civil rights complaint form also..fill them out and mail them to the address provided..but be sure you mail the complaints certified mail..keep going to the child support inquiring what's being done..but be sure you take a witness with you..if you have an attorney, take that attorney with you..each time you have to go in there..always sign in there..even if they tell you it's not necessary..do it anyway!! After a few months have gone by, request a meeting with the local DA...they can get an order for income withholding and not even go to court in front of judge Byrd..but you have to catch this child support administrator with her pants down..catch her in several lies..it can be done..if I did it, you can too..
Amy Adams

United States

#128 Jun 8, 2014
SOMEONE WHO KNOWS wrote:
I think you are al full of it! I have not appeared in court in front of Judge Byrd, and I suppose the reason for that is because I am acting according to the law. Have any of you seen any of the guidelines under which you "judge" the judge? I met Judge Byrd at a church event. As a matter of fact, it was Bible Camp!!!! She was an active participant, and this was genuine, not campaigning, as she was alrady the established Judge! The children loved her, and she sat down at the table with my girls and I and could not have been a more genuine individual! She gets the flack, because she rules for the "right" thing. Her job is to indiviualize each case by a standard set by a higher court! Just because some may disagree, does not mean she is "wrong"; it simply means you did not like the verdict, you could not afford an attorney and you are "pisssed" because your ex/current spouse had the ability, or you are guilty about not being able to "personally" deal with her judgement! Quit blaming the Judges and look in the mirror!
As far as Judge Hamilton, you could not be any more LEFT FIELD! Judge Hamilton handled my custody case of my minor child last year. My child's father was in arrears of over $10,000. He had not seen the child in over two years and he filed for this petition of visitation and child support establishment!!! Although I expected for my child's father to have less visitation, as he lives out of state, I do not feel the need to bash Judge Hamilton! He listened, and acted individually and according to the laws of this county! I have upheld my current order and my child's Father is now another almost $4,000 in the arrear for this "current" order. I now have to take him back to court on my dime, but I do not blame the Judge, I take personal responsibility for the past decisions I have made and with whom I have made them with! I am a Mother of two, a member of the military, and I am also a full time student! I have done the best I can do as a parent and like said prior, I have taken responsibility and continue to complete goals in life and quit relying on "dead-beat Dads/Moms" to "do their ordered job!" The Judge cannot predict the future!
Bottomline, take responsibility, quit pointing the finger, and LEAVE THE JUDGES ALONE!!!!! You never know when the day may come in which you al straighten up and the Judge decides to rule in your favor! BTW, I believe it was comment four, "witch" is the absolute wrong spelling, as "which" would sound a tad bit more educated, and maybe start helping you in court! If you sound and look smart, sometimes it may help your case! Case in point!
Last name "T"for all you nosey people!
I have to TOTALLY disagree that what you saw the day at CHURCH CAMP was ALL FOR PUBLIC SHOW. Clara Byrd has given custody to my ex husband which is a cocaine addict and lives with 2 alcoholics. Now my daughter at 17yrs old is now drinking and smoking weed. THANKS CLARA BYRD TO YOU MY DAUGHTER MAY NOT SEE AGE 21 OR MAY NOT EVEN HAVE MUCH OF A FUTURE WITH THE NO GOOD LOW LIFES YOUVE PUT HER WITH.
Amy Adams

United States

#129 Jun 8, 2014
Unseat Judge Byrd wrote:
Well finally, enough lawyers have banned together to start a group to unseat Judge Clara Byrd. Teh Lawyers come from all of the surrounding counties and is focused in Lebanon. There is no doubt that she treats lawyers, witnesses and parties to a lawsuit with disrespect and disdain. We have all been victims of her self rightousness and her opaque "concern" for why lawyers have no respect for her. Judge Byrd does not know that most, if not all Judges have no respect for her. Judge Byrd wonders why no one treats her with respect. We do treat her with a minimum of cordial respect because we have to. The old saying is still true. You don't have to respect the person but you must respect the uniform. Don't get me wrong, few if any lawyers have any respect for this Judge and it is up to us to find a good viable candidate among us all to run against her and unseat her. Now is the time to start. WE are tired of being treated with total disrespect by this Judge. She is truly botherd by good lawyers who are well prepared. It simply imtimidates her. Please join us in unseating Judge Byrd. It will happen and we must get back to having a smart, well centered (emotionally) Judge who will treat all of us who come before her with respect.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW TO HELP GET HER OF THE STAND!!!!
Concerned Parent

Gallatin, TN

#130 Jun 10, 2014
FedupinTN wrote:
Any Wilson county or Smith county lawyer will all tell you the same thing, the woman is an idiot your case will end up in appeals. She does not know the Law, and she thinks she is a God. We heard this fro m just about every lawyer we talked to. I know we have visited over 6 lawyers has retained 4 and are now on the 5th. Tried to have case moved her to Sumner county and can't. For 8 years she has had a case for a man and woman legally married for 2 years, no kids no property. She embelzzeld *the ex wife) embellzeled thousands of dollars which has been proven. from the man. She lives in a house paid for with 2 brand new cars sitting in the drive way and sits on her fat rear end claiming ot be disabled. I have photos taken by police officers showing quite the contrary. Her soon to be ex has had to pay her 400 A WEEK. What justice is this. This did not involve another woman his wife through him out all he was left with was his clothes. He didn't even get his boat which I suspect she has now sold. I am threatening now to call the local news. Since this election time I'm sure Mrs Byrd whould love to see her mug face on TV again.
I have called all the news media channels they just say that it's a "civil" matter & they have heard a lot about her but can't do anything.
Blue devils

Charlotte, NC

#131 Jun 10, 2014
Concerned Parent wrote:
<quoted text>
I have called all the news media channels they just say that it's a "civil" matter & they have heard a lot about her but can't do anything.
yes, I've been to the news channels, the local DAs office, DCS, and even contacted a few of our towns politicians..They haven't done a thing regarding what has happened in my son's case..I'm simply amazed a father can beat his child, not once but three times, there be all kinds of proof it happened, and a mother just can't seem to present that evidence in the 15th judicial district..I've since learned it's tied up with the local child support office..nobody won't dare think a "father" would deliberately hurt his own child like this cause the momma just must be bitter and out for revenge..this has been the scenario for quite some time here..domestic violence by proxy does exist..it's where a parent beats their child, then blames the other parent to make them appear crazy..all in an attempt to change a custody decision..I've just got out of the 15th judicial court system..the next system I go to, I hope listens to everything this system has done..if not, there will be a huge lawsuit for child abuse coming..don't think this doesn't happen in our fine town of Lebanon..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Parenting Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kids will ruin your life (Jun '10) Aug 11 pull head out of ass 202
News Spanking a child could lead to negative consequ... Aug 8 non homo pheobie 3
News What do you Think? Restaurant Says no Kids Allowed (Jul '11) Aug 8 KingH13 24
News Raising a vegan baby: Parents say abuse cases g... (Oct '16) Aug 2 Wee 2
News Feminist: I Know I Shouldn't Generalize, But Me... Aug 1 TerriB1 1
News Find out you can sign up to support group to he... Jul 26 who do u call 1
News Gay Israeli Celebs Decry Same-Sex Adoption Ban Jul 20 Wrong Move 5
More from around the web