Children as happy with gay adopted parents, Cambridge University researchers find

Mar 5, 2013 | Posted by: Rick in Kansas | Full story: www.cambridge-news.co.uk

Children adopted by gay couples are just as happy as those placed with traditional heterosexual families, new research has shown.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
david traversa

Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

This shouldn't be a revelation to ( even ) the average and the fair-minded .. It's QUALITY that counts in parentage , not sexual orientation .. My guess is the conception of what quality means is sadly below-average and misunderstood ..

“Equality First”

Since: Jan 09

St. Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Heck, I could have told them the same thing, and saved them the time and money. But it is good to have the study prove what I already knew.
Dubbadub

Ireland

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Have these children reached secondary school yet?
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Dubbadub wrote:
Have these children reached secondary school yet?
My thoughts exactly.

There's nothing wrong with gay folks adopting kids in principle but in practice high school is filled with vile scum trying to get one over on their peers.

Kids in school with gay parents WILL get bullied.
Ryan

Leicester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts exactly.
There's nothing wrong with gay folks adopting kids in principle but in practice high school is filled with vile scum trying to get one over on their peers.
Kids in schools get bullied full stop. Disabled parents? Single parents? Ginger? Skinny? Fat? Bullies will be bullies, having gay parents will be another string to their bow. I remember the bullies from my school days. I happily waved at one stood at the bus stop the other day from my BMW. Just as a reminder, haha.

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts exactly.
And that is why adults need to change their behavior. Children learn from their parents. Vile scum usually are raised by insecure, vile scum.
Just saying

Bellows Falls, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

soft science as usual:

"The study took the form of home visits to the families, written questionnaires, and recorded parent-child play sessions. "

BUT "Face-to-face interviews with parents, and *****with those children willing and old enough to take part*****, showed that parents talked openly with their children about adoption and recognised the value of children maintaining contact with their birth parents.

so in fact, its just that everyone plays with their kids the same...and some kids got "coached" better than others...

which of these groups would you say had something to prove in their self-reporting?

“Equality marches on! ”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the first sensible thing I've heard you say in a while. Yes, children do learn from their parents. When two gay men or women raise a child, they learn right from them and think that the disgusting things they do with each other is normal. They want to grow up and be just like daddy, or mommy, or what ever perversion they're use to. That is brain washing a normal child to accept and practice perversion.
I grew up seeing my mother and father being affectionate and sleeping in the same bedroom. I never witnessed them having sex, which you seem to think is what will happen if two same sex parents raise a child. It never made me straight.
eltonj

Milton Keynes, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>I grew up seeing my mother and father being affectionate and sleeping in the same bedroom. I never witnessed them having sex, which you seem to think is what will happen if two same sex parents raise a child. It never made me straight.
you honestly think that the child(obviously not natural)of two gay men would not know the their farther's indulged in unnatural sexual practices,especially once they reach high school and sex ed?
david traversa

Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Still an idiot today eh Jade? The facts are nearly all male species harbor some form of aggression in one way or another. IT IS INHERANT. In fact, I believe aggressive behavior among male species, especially sprinkled with a little testosterone is more 'normal' and 'natural' than your claim of homosexuaity as being such. You channel your aggressions and chemical imbalances on the backside of another man. Among other areas.
You're looking for excuses to act like a monkey and forever remain that way .. to the detriment of society..
Iranian Truth

Podgorica, Montenegro

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Liberalism is Mental Disorder
I can read

Edinburgh, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

NoQ wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the first sensible thing I've heard you say in a while. Yes, children do learn from their parents. When two gay men or women raise a child, they learn right from them and think that the disgusting things they do with each other is normal. They want to grow up and be just like daddy, or mommy, or what ever perversion they're use to. That is brain washing a normal child to accept and practice perversion.
So Christians should be banned from adopting too?

“Fly low, fly fast.”

Since: Apr 07

East Midlands, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
So Christians should be banned from adopting too?
UKIP supporters are.
david traversa

Argentina

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

The Worlds Biggest Lie wrote:
<quoted text>
Perversions have always been a detriment to societies. You obviously learned nothing from Caligula or Rome, David. David?
When people find themselves trapped by their own silly arguments they invariably start blabbering nonsense ; just as you're doing now ..

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

I can read wrote:
<quoted text>
My thoughts exactly.
Yeah it wouldn't be fair on these kids at all. It would actually be very hurtful to a kid who is brought up by two same-sex parents to have their parents relationship absolutely slaughtered by their peers in school. I don't think any kid deserves to go through that.

Since: Nov 10

Dublin

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>And that is why adults need to change their behavior. Children learn from their parents. Vile scum usually are raised by insecure, vile scum.
Yes but its all well and good saying that, but kids in schools today still get bullied about the simplest things (body size, ginger hair, race etc etc). A kid with two daddies, would have an absolutely awful life in many schools.....

It just wouldn't be fair on the child. See thats the thing many people seem to be forgetting here, the child.....
NoQ

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

NE Jade wrote:
<quoted text>I grew up seeing my mother and father being affectionate and sleeping in the same bedroom. I never witnessed them having sex, which you seem to think is what will happen if two same sex parents raise a child. It never made me straight.
Kids learn quick these days. When they realize you're sleeping in the same bed together and being affectionate with each other, not to mention what other people are going to be saying to them, they will definitely get an impression. They may or may not witness any of the actual sex part, but they will know what's going on. It never made you straight because you became the one who deviated away from traditional relations.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

The danger to adopted kids is from the boyfriend of the biological mother, who sees the step kids as competition.

Adoption is not the same as a step child relationship:

"Although remarriage of a father or mother can have bad consequences for children, when a couple adopts a baby unrelated to either of them its prospects are much brighter... parents treat their adopted children just as well as biological children."

"Two recent studies help to clarify the issue of how well adoptive children are treated. The first, published in 2007, found that children in adoptive households are treated better than children in homes with two genetic parents."

Whatever the reasons for the Cinderella effect, it is now quite clear that it is not triggered by a lack of genetic relationship. After all, adoptive parents take better care of children than birth parents do. It seems that caring for children, related or not, involves a deep human need that is better satisfied by adoption than step-parenting."

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-human...

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

Expert testamony from the Hawaii Supreme Court:

Dr Eggebeen (witness against marriage equality) also conceded that "gay and lesbian couples can, and do, make excellent parents" "that they are capable of raising a healthy child", and "that children of same sex couples would be helped if their families had access to or were able to receive benefits of marriage".

Dr. Charlotte Patterson: "there was "no data or research which establishes that gay fathers and lesbian mothers are less capable of being good parents than non-gay people."

Dr. David Brodzinsky: "The issue is not the structural variable, biological versus nonbiological, one parent versus two parent. The issue is really the process variables, how children are cared for, is the child provided warmth, it the child provided consistency of care, is the child provided a stimulated environment, is the e child given support.... and when you take a look at structural variables, there's not all that much support that structural variable in and of themselves are all that important."

Dr. Pepper Shwartz: "the primary quality of parenting is not the parenting structure, or biology, but is the nurturing relationship between parent and child."
Bill

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2013

Judged:

It's too early to make this judgement. Wait a few more years until the effects of their exposure to homosexual perversion start manifesting themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of27
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••