Gay UK Teacher Resigns After Muslim P...

Gay UK Teacher Resigns After Muslim Parents Complain

There are 35 comments on the EDGE story from Apr 12, 2014, titled Gay UK Teacher Resigns After Muslim Parents Complain. In it, EDGE reports that:

A gay assistant head teacher in the UK has resigned under pressure from mostly Muslim parents, who said that they didn't want their kids to "learn that it's okay to be gay."

Join the discussion below, or Read more at EDGE.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fundies R Mentally Eel

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Apr 12, 2014
Gross. Sounds like public schools in the southern US, or fundie or rcc schools throughout the US.
Rainbow Kid

Alpharetta, GA

#2 Apr 12, 2014
Should the christian teachers also resign because muslims don't like christians either?
Where does it stop?

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#3 Apr 12, 2014
He resigned? He had a golden opportunity to teach acceptance and compassion and he resigned?

Since: May 12

Livonia, MI

#4 Apr 12, 2014
Go on the dole and have the bigots pay you anyway.

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#7 Apr 12, 2014
If it were reversed ... gay parents complaining about a muslim teacher ... oh, the outrage would go viral!
For you imbeciles in Texas, that is called sarcasm.
Gay people are the new whipping boys for the world's bigots. They always need someone to hate. Who's next? The gay thing is starting to get old.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#8 Apr 12, 2014
Hank wrote:
<quoted text>
He also had a golden opportunity to teach male on male anal sex and fisting the kiddos. And I'm sure he did.
GOOD RIDDANCE!
Wow, your fantasies run deep, don't they?
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#10 Apr 13, 2014
mark in Toronto wrote:
If it were reversed ... gay parents complaining about a muslim teacher ... oh, the outrage would go viral!
For you imbeciles in Texas, that is called sarcasm.
Gay people are the new whipping boys for the world's bigots. They always need someone to hate. Who's next? The gay thing is starting to get old.
While I have always questioned some of the superlatives Americans heap upon their own country, America *does* seem to be a very NOTICED country. What America does is widely noticed, that I believe.

So the pro-gay strides in America are being seen worldwide. They're also reflected in England's recent history.(I'm not saying we're responsible for them in England.) I think things like the subject of this article are a backlash; I keep coming back, again and again, to believing that. The antigay, mistakenly believing that others are attempting to "force" them to "change their morals," are "fighting back" in increasingly bizarre and petty ways.

What makes this sound so antigay is that it continues the antigay obsession with linking orientation to children.
hi hi

Lancaster, PA

#11 Apr 13, 2014
I wonder if it's intentional that the article provides a very, very subtle reminder -- a whisper of a reminder, nothing more -- of the idea that if these parents want nothing known about sexual orientation and gay people, then logic dictates that others can demand *nothing* about muslim practices or religion govern society.

It is, in fact, pure logic: If one set of beliefs is not taught, others can demand that others not be taught or known.
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#12 Apr 13, 2014
And what if the child IS gay? Stoning ? Murder ? Ostracism ? I mean, with parents like that who needs enemies ?!
Larry

Richardson, TX

#13 Apr 13, 2014
Hank wrote:
<quoted text>
He also had a golden opportunity to teach male on male anal sex and fisting the kiddos. And I'm sure he did.
GOOD RIDDANCE!
Wow You sure know your stuff. I can tell you have experienced the many pleasures of the flesh. But you should lay off the "kiddos" and stick with men only.
Fundies R Mentally illin

Philadelphia, PA

#15 Apr 13, 2014
Hank wrote:
<quoted text>
ANY child that IS gay was TURNED
Your crackpot "theory" doesn't address how sexually sick closet cases got that way....

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#16 Apr 13, 2014
Hank wrote:
<quoted text>
ANY child that IS gay was TURNED GAY by an adult queer. This is why it's good they got rid of the teacher.
BS. Dismissed for sheer idiocy and bad trolling.

Since: Jul 09

Indy/Philly/Toronto

#17 Apr 13, 2014
hi hi wrote:
<quoted text>
While I have always questioned some of the superlatives Americans heap upon their own country, America *does* seem to be a very NOTICED country. What America does is widely noticed, that I believe.
So the pro-gay strides in America are being seen worldwide. They're also reflected in England's recent history.(I'm not saying we're responsible for them in England.) I think things like the subject of this article are a backlash; I keep coming back, again and again, to believing that. The antigay, mistakenly believing that others are attempting to "force" them to "change their morals," are "fighting back" in increasingly bizarre and petty ways.
What makes this sound so antigay is that it continues the antigay obsession with linking orientation to children.
Very good points ... and that's why I said 'the world's bigots.' America and England are gay heaven compared to some other places. But we also enjoy the opportunity to voice our opinions more than most. That helps greatly.
Interesting there is no outrage against Muslims influencing children. Just goes to show how religion in general is the root of 90% of the world's problems.
Eugene

Minnetonka, MN

#18 Apr 13, 2014
FTA
"Moffat said that he did come out after a group of 11-year-olds at a school assembly held up a "Gay is Good" poster. "
----------

If that doesn't prove that kids are being indoctrinated and recruited by the Gay Agenda I don't know what does. Absolutely sickening.

LEAVE OUR CHILDREN ALONE!!!!!!!!!!
Mikey

Pasadena, CA

#19 Apr 13, 2014
Eugene wrote:
FTA
"Moffat said that he did come out after a group of 11-year-olds at a school assembly held up a "Gay is Good" poster. "
----------
If that doesn't prove that kids are being indoctrinated and recruited by the Gay Agenda I don't know what does. Absolutely sickening.
LEAVE OUR CHILDREN ALONE!!!!!!!!!!
Not indoctrination, tolerance. Something you obviously haven't been taught, moron
david traversa

Cordoba, Argentina

#20 Apr 13, 2014
Hank wrote:
<quoted text>
ANY child that IS gay was TURNED GAY by an adult queer. This is why it's good they got rid of the teacher.
The usual nonsense .. The only gay experience I had as a child was with a relative .. and I went after him, not the other way around .. I knew what I liked even at that tender age .. A clear case of sexual precocity with no tiresome inhibitions ..
Fundies R Mentally illin

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Apr 13, 2014
Eugene wrote:
FTA
Cletus, the 11 year olds held up the sign. Then the teacher came out, "after" the kids held the sign up.

Hard to know who is "recruiting" whom in this case, well, for a fundie cretin it is difficult.
Rick

New Haven, WV

#22 Apr 13, 2014
I don't want my kids to learn that it's okay to be Muslim.
Fundies R Mentally illin

Philadelphia, PA

#23 Apr 13, 2014
Rick wrote:
I don't want my kids to learn that it's okay to be Muslim.
Thanks for the news flash, talibangelical.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#24 Apr 13, 2014
so much for keeping religion out of schools unless it's a church school or muslim school...
he was kinda pushing his books in the library lessons though ....bet those religious parents loved that when their kids came home saying gay is ok

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SLIDESHOW: JonBenet murder still a mystery 15 y... (Dec '11) 15 hr PelicanBreefs 5
News Wet or Dry; Things Got Weird in Harrison Arkansas (Feb '11) Mon Simplefacts 19
how to get somone elses account on msp (Jun '15) Oct 16 nobody 18
News What is the secret to Asian academic success? (Oct '15) Oct 16 ImAsian 84
News Fall Fun: Pumpkin patches offer family-friendly... Oct 15 STFU 3
News Cost of opioid epidemic soars, hitting taxpayer... Oct 14 They cannot kill ... 6
News Roandoak of God near Morro Bay: Group home unde... (Jun '09) Oct 14 Benjamin 40
moviestarplanet free account! (Jul '13) Oct 11 Crushed Hopes and... 733
More from around the web