PS 147 in Queens probed for promoting failing students

Oct 7, 2009 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: New York City's Hometown Newspaper - NY Daily News

The Dr. Donald E. McNair School in Queens, NY. A Queens school is under investigation for inflating the grades of several failing students - promoting them although they flunked math and couldn't do the work.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Apr 17, 2013
sean1030

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 7, 2009

Judged:

I taught at this school when Dolores Nethersole was principal. She ran that school like a top. Ed Zimmerman was a real piece of work, but Dolores Nethersole was the BEST principal EVER. Anne Cohen is a disappointment. Even Kindergarten teacher Michelle Sparro (a 147 institution) was run out by Cohen. It's sad what this school has become.
Chris19

Forest Hills, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2010

I went to kindergarten in this school in 1963. Does anyone remember Mrs. Brandeis or Mrs. Richman?
bird

Thomaston, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2010

went there too in 1999 mrs nethersole got old but she was kool tho from wat i remember

“Dum Di Dum”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

How sweet...
N-Lebron

Forest Hills, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

I went to P.S 147 in 1997 - it was the best damn time school I've ever waked into as a kid because they had the Best Principal,Best Teachers , Best staff, even the staff that really never was talked about- in those time NO ONE wanted To GO HOME - Mrs. Dolores Nethersole made her second home Home for us. I still think about those times because I got to be a student in their humble grounds. There are no words to describe the joy that school brought.
Tyfromlinden

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2013

I went to this school when it was just P.S.147...I was also a student when the name was changed tomHonor Dr.Ronald E McNair. I remember Mrs.Net hersole. Wow she was a heck of a lady. We thought she had eyes behind her head and cameras in every room. Of course we were all very young then, we thought she knew magic or something, the way she wa always on point.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

19 Users are viewing the Kids Forum right now

Search the Kids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
bin weevils bw cheats - bin weevils vs moshi mo... (Nov '11) 36 min Weronika 58
LESOTHO: Boys quit school to become men (Nov '11) 2 hr likobo Thaba Lepapa 27
Hundreds of protests planned this weekend acros... 2 hr TRansom 107
What's Behind Canada's Troubled Relationship Wi... 4 hr Peter 5
One Woman, 817 Children: Caring For Kids Of Und... 5 hr Memo From Turner 3
Lubbock man says he was fired for being gay; la... 5 hr Corbutt of the Joke 106
Desperate need for special guardians in Lee County 6 hr LEO 477 3
Moviestarplanet passwords (Jan '12) Sun Molly 2,902
•••