More books from - Harry Potter' author

Author J.K. Rowling's new book is for adults, but she says she's working on a book for 7- and 8-year-olds. Good: J.K. Rowling's first book since 2007's " Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows " has just been published. Full Story
truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

#1 Sep 26, 2012
Oh good something new to keep the masses in a constant state of idiocy.People need to face and see reality not hide in a fantasy world created by some billionaire.
Handsome Brown-Eyed Man

Reynoldsburg, OH

#3 Sep 27, 2012
truth always beats lies wrote:
Oh good something new to keep the masses in a constant state of idiocy.People need to face and see reality not hide in a fantasy world created by some billionaire.
Does that include your bible as well?
truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

#4 Sep 27, 2012
Handsome Brown-Eyed Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Does that include your bible as well?
I do not have one.
Handsome Brown-Eyed Man

Reynoldsburg, OH

#5 Sep 27, 2012
So you are neither fish nor fowl. A "realist" with no direction or appreciation for fiction, religious or otherwise. Return to your History Channel Nazi documentaries then.
truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

#6 Sep 27, 2012
So you are neither fish nor fowl. A "realist" with no direction or appreciation for fiction, religious or otherwise. Return to your History Channel Nazi documentaries then.
No I do not read fiction.Yes I am a realist.
Handsome Brown-Eyed Man

Reynoldsburg, OH

#7 Sep 28, 2012
<quoted text>No I do not read fiction.Yes I am a realist.
Then get real! What the hell are you doing on a Harry Potter forum?
truth always beats lies

Covington, VA

#8 Sep 28, 2012
Commenting about it as the site of topix was intended for.
Lit Lover

Santee, CA

#11 Mar 5, 2013
<quoted text>No I do not read fiction.Yes I am a realist.
If your problem is with fiction in general, are you also condemning the works of Shakespeare, Milton, Hemingway, et al? Even the fantasy/sci-fi genre includes beautiful writing by the likes of Tolkien, Bradbury, Lewis, L'engle and others.

What about non-representational art? Are the works of Dali, Max and Picasso to be thrown onto the fires of your derision?

Realism feeds the brain and its importance cannot be questioned. However, without the great works of imagination and creativity, many of your realistic events, inventions, and theories work never have been realized. Fiction, imagination, creativity all feed the soul and inspire mankind to great things. While you may not enjoy fiction, don't deride those who do in an attempt to feed your own illusion of superiority.
Turd

Brooklyn, NY

#12 Mar 10, 2013
<quoted text>
Then get real! What the hell are you doing on a Harry Potter forum?
http://troll.me/images/success-kid/uh-oh-inte...
Turd

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Mar 10, 2013
http://troll.me/images/success-kid/uh-oh-inte... width="225" height="151" alt="Milford Sound in New Zealand" /

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unaccompanied kids escape Central America to un... 40 min Pope Che Reagan C... 2
Memorial set for 5 slain kids; dad heads to court 57 min reality is a crutch 1
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 1 hr Is This Double Di... 31,258
Joe Jackson is a no longer a part of the family... 2 hr An NFL Fan 171
In Chicago's war zones, the tragedy extends bey... 7 hr Piano Juggler 4
Poll: Voters support legal path for immigrants 8 hr Simon 3
Madisonville residents want to see speed limit ... 9 hr Professor Jumper 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Kids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••