Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Should same-sex marriage become legal?

There are 15314 comments on the MLive.com story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Should same-sex marriage become legal?. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#15751 Aug 10, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
The flood is physically impossible as is the creation account as told.
1. There is insufficient water in the whole biosphere to raise the water more than a few meters. Hardly enough to cover Mt. Ararat at 16,000'.
2. The Bible time line amounts to less than 10,000 years, yet the nearest galaxy is 2.4 million light years away.
These are just two of many errors contained in the Bible. How can you account for this?
Also, the buy-bull indicates the earth is flat.
At one point Satan takes Jesus up to the top of a mountain and shows him ALL the kingdoms of earth. That would only be possible if the earth were flat.
Ken

Walnut Creek, CA

#15753 Aug 10, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
"Ken" using anon proxies to talk to herself using sock puppets including "Jowels" and "Leo"...
names
Touchy, tonight huh, trannie?

Nah, I'm to lazy to create multiple here....don't flatter yourself.

Lots of people just don't like ya.

Take your tired 54 yr old rump outta here...Transgender in an upskirt....ssoooo sad!
Ken

Walnut Creek, CA

#15754 Aug 10, 2012
Correction multiple names
Kom2

West Palm Beach, FL

#15755 Aug 10, 2012
end times wrote:
<quoted text>
don't believe. i don't care if you believe me. and lets say that everyone should listen to you. let's say that you are the most perfect human being in the world and everyone would do well to be just like you.
i've read the Bible from the first verse in Genesis to the last verse in Revelation. i made it a point to find out what is true and what isn't true, and it doesn't matter whether you or anyone else believes me. i am not here to convince you.
but on your defense, i will say that there are, at the least, the same amount of heterosexuals going to hell as there are homosexuals.
going to hell has nothing to do with whether you're gay or straight, pervert, prostitute, gang member or gang banger, pimp, drug addict, murderer, witch, warlock, satan worshiper, or whatever.
Jesus died the same for you as He did for me, as He did for anyone and everyone. because i have read the Bible from the first verse of Genesis to the last verse in Revelation, this is why i know about whether gay marriage should be legal or not.
i have already stated in a previous post about what you need to do to get into heaven. there is only one way. in fact, you can be good all your life and still not make into heaven.
go ahead, be rebellious. don't believe me. i have no interest to convince you or anyone else who reads these posts. you can say what you want and that i live on assumptions, however dimwittingly you may have come to that conclusion.
i live to the best that i can according to the Bible. i make mistakes, i drop the ball, i sin. but i have been washed with the Blood of the Lamb, and the Lamb of God, the God of Israel, Jesus the Risen Christ.
My friend, Amen. You are as I a follower of our Father in Heaven, you have spoken his Word and for this I say Amen.

Since: Dec 10

Florida, USA

#15756 Aug 10, 2012
end times wrote:
anti-christ will be homosexual and will not desire women. that's why the gay lifestyle and gay marriage is increasing. its only a matter of days. but then the rapture will happen and imagine who is left behind and how things will get out of hand so quickly.
no, i do not agree that same sex marriage should become legal
I think things have got out of hand for you already, GO TAKE YOUR MEDS b4 you start seeing the men in white coats coming to take you away

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#15757 Aug 11, 2012
end times wrote:
i don't need a rational argument.
Yeah....that about sums you up.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#15758 Aug 11, 2012
end times wrote:
you assume i want to convince you. why don't you read the bible instead.
treat it like a legal document. in any legal document, each word has to be exact and there is no room for error. like divorce, or a settlement, or whatever.
don't believe me. don't believe someone you trust. YOU go find out. when you stand before a court judge, it's just you, maybe you and your lawyer. when a judgment is passed, YOU have to stand before the judge and jury as the sentence is passed on you. guilty or not guilty.
it will be that way when you stand before the judgment seat. you don't have to convince me. in fact, let me say it now. i hope you go to heaven. i hope everyone goes to heaven. heaven will be a great and awesome place. forever.
but hell will be at the complete opposite end, and it too will last forever. and everyone there will be burning. it will be like your flesh melting over and over off of the bone. pain. thirst. hot. no end in sight. and all these demons that seduced you will be laughing at you.
right now, you're laughing at me, at us Christians. you can. but i've done my job. i told you what its going to be like. i've told you what you must do to get there.
i don't wish to argue with you. and this isn't an argument. i'm just letting you know so you can hopefully consider it and then investigate this and then judge this for yourself, now while you still can.
Why would an all knowing, all powerful, timeless, ageless, omnipotent being stoop so low as to make vastly inferior beings (humans) burn in a lake of fire for all eternity for the mere transgression of not believing?

That would make your god kind of a jerk...

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15759 Aug 11, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would an all knowing, all powerful, timeless, ageless, omnipotent being stoop so low as to make vastly inferior beings (humans) burn in a lake of fire for all eternity for the mere transgression of not believing?
An all knowing god would have seen the future of his screwed up creation before he got started. The goat-herder's manual(bible) was screwed up right from the start.

Florida, USA

#15761 Aug 11, 2012
To ALL you stupid Bible Babblers: with over 16 million gays in the USA alone, We didn't just wake up one morning and deside YOU KNOW WHAT:~I think I'm going to be GAY today, WE WERE BORN GAY, GOD MADE US THIS WAY
So with that said: take your Bible Babbling a$$ back to a forum where others really give a $hit what you have to say.
Earth Child 1, 4793 post
Just Think, 8699 post
Kom2, who knows with you, You don't even have the balls to show your face
Y'all have way to much time on your hands

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15762 Aug 11, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a God is unworthy of worship.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#15763 Aug 11, 2012
Ken wrote:
<quoted text>names
Touchy, tonight huh, trannie?
Nah, I'm to lazy to create multiple here....don't flatter yourself.
Lots of people just don't like ya.
Take your tired 54 yr old rump outta here...Transgender in an upskirt....ssoooo sad!
You are just using sock puppets.*Everybody* knows you don't "create" anything to use your sock puppets, your sock puppets aren't even registered. You just have a few different proxy servers open in different browser windows. If you'd quit making them such suck ups and copy cats, it might not be so obvious. LOL.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#15764 Aug 11, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
1. There is insufficient water in the whole biosphere to raise the water more than a few meters. Hardly enough to cover Mt. Ararat at 16,000'.
2. The Bible time line amounts to less than 10,000 years, yet the nearest galaxy is 2.4 million light years away.
These are just two of many errors contained in the Bible. How can you account for this?
Umm, concerning a global flood, you're incorrect according to some new theories. Ever watch that series by NG about the oceans? They theorized by studies of their own that if all the ice and snow were to melt combined with rising of the sub-surface water, the earth could be submerged above the tallest mountains by quite a distance.
It's also thought that if the floors of the seas and oceans were to rise to the level of dry land, that alone would cause a global flood so that but a few of the highest peaks would be above sea level.

“Good day to you!”

Since: Oct 08

Earth

#15765 Aug 11, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
From http://ase.tufts.edu/cosmos/view_chapter.asp...

"If the planet was a perfectly smooth sphere, the oceans would cover the entire globe to a depth of 2.8 thousand meters."

Understand the above statement covers surface water, not glacier/snow nor sub-surface water. 2.8 thousand meters is just under 2 miles high. and our tallest mountain is just under 5 1/2 miles high.
So after making all the land one smooth sphere, now add all the ice caps/glaciers and bring up all the ground water. The earth could well flood itself.
Kom2

West Palm Beach, FL

#15766 Aug 11, 2012
DownNDirty69 wrote:
To ALL you stupid Bible Babblers: with over 16 million gays in the USA alone, We didn't just wake up one morning and deside YOU KNOW WHAT:~I think I'm going to be GAY today, WE WERE BORN GAY, GOD MADE US THIS WAY
So with that said: take your Bible Babbling a$$ back to a forum where others really give a $hit what you have to say.
Earth Child 1, 4793 post
Just Think, 8699 post
Kom2, who knows with you, You don't even have the balls to show your face
Y'all have way to much time on your hands
My friend, I'am here. Speak and I will answer you with Truth and Love.
Kom2

West Palm Beach, FL

#15767 Aug 11, 2012
WasteWater wrote:
<quoted text>
Such a God is unworthy of worship.
Oh but my friend, we are the onces who are unworthy. We all at one point have mistreated our Savior, but he still Loves us and is ready to Forgive us.
Kom2

West Palm Beach, FL

#15768 Aug 11, 2012
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>An all knowing god would have seen the future of his screwed up creation before he got started. The goat-herder's manual(bible) was screwed up right from the start.
My friend, Jeremiah 1:5,
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

He knew us all before we were even born, he gave us Freewill to do as we want.
Kom2

West Palm Beach, FL

#15770 Aug 11, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, forget not that he gave us a choice. God gave us FreeWill to do what we want and Belive in what we want. He could have instead forced us to Belive in him, but he did not because He wanted Obedience, he wanted us to Love him from our own Hearts. We send ourselves to Hell, not God. We choose to either go up the Path to Jesus, or down the Path to Hell.

“Shoot for the stars”

Planet Earth

#15771 Aug 11, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, Jeremiah 1:5,
“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”
He knew us all before we were even born, he gave us Freewill to do as we want.
And it wasn't Jeremiah who wrote that, but a delusional who used his name. Misattribution is the whole bible.
Kom2

West Palm Beach, FL

#15773 Aug 11, 2012
Earth Child 1 wrote:
<quoted text>And it wasn't Jeremiah who wrote that, but a delusional who used his name. Misattribution is the whole bible.
My friend, I pray you find truth before end.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#15774 Aug 11, 2012
No Surprise wrote:
<quoted text>
From http://ase.tufts.edu/cosmos/view_chapter.asp...
"If the planet was a perfectly smooth sphere, the oceans would cover the entire globe to a depth of 2.8 thousand meters."
Understand the above statement covers surface water, not glacier/snow nor sub-surface water. 2.8 thousand meters is just under 2 miles high. and our tallest mountain is just under 5 1/2 miles high.
So after making all the land one smooth sphere, now add all the ice caps/glaciers and bring up all the ground water. The earth could well flood itself.
1. The earth isn't flat. Never was and never will be.

2. Ice is not the same thing as liquid.

3. Biblical history is limited to 10,000 years.

The earth cannot be flooded because if you read the article in its entirety, you would also have read about continental drift and ripples of the earth's crust which is constantly in motion.

Nice try though.

The Flood never happened within the last 10,000 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how to get somone elses account on msp 9 hr coolcat 3
Unwanted Wizard101 accounts (Jun '10) 15 hr dannyfrazier1 2,658
News Extreme poverty in childhood taught author to t... (Nov '08) 22 hr heartfelt 16
Unwanted "Stardoll" Accounts (May '10) 23 hr ireply 1,366
News CO lawmaker: Gay Scout leaders will molest kids Fri private guy 8
News More Arkansas children live in poverty than the... Fri guest 1
News Duggars' '19 Kids and Counting' could return to... Fri guest 3
More from around the web