Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Should same-sex marriage become legal?

There are 15314 comments on the MLive.com story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Should same-sex marriage become legal?. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#14917 Jul 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, I have shown you proof, now I ask you of yours. Where is your proof of the Man you speak of that was (hallucinating due to drugs and claiming to be the long dead appostle 'john')?
Doubt not for I have read the Hebrew scripture many times, and it may be hard sometimes to understand but I have.
shit, you can't even read english and understand it.

my proof comes from from history...

you have shown me no proof. you have shown me what you think was written in the bible is usually a misinterpretation, or a mistranslation. you have only given me this. not only that, but you can't use a book to prove the veracity of that same book.

we have asked you repeatedly for proof, and you have given only opinions based upon someone else's opinions. when we ask you for proof, what we want is something that can be shown again and again by scientific experimentation (that's called 'peer reviewed', btw) something tangible or something that we can actually see. do you understand now? we don't want your bedtime stories.
SinJinZoo

Brooklyn, NY

#14918 Jul 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>My friend, very good speaking with you. But I ask of what you mean by clouded the minds of many?

For many there is an unfocused mind that knows no peace without there faith in False things they do not understand, for others they know a peace and love that does Not last them long because of there lack of Faith in the one true God, But there are also many who know Peace and Love and have a certain mind on Jesus who they do know will last them Forever.

You are right, there is no (city) after death, but there is also no energy that passes to a (force).

There is a Heaven and there is a Hell. We choose where we go, by in who we belive, follow and love. We all have Souls that when we die, go to where we chose to go.
But know that it is a choice that we all make. Many do not belive therefore many will fall. But there are also many who do belive and therefore will rise.
My friend, thank you for your response. There is a force. Some call it energy or the holy spirit but it is all the same. The living force of the universe is in all things. Our soul is of the force. When life dies the soul is released pure back to from which it came.

To think that there is a heaven or hell requires good and evil of which neither exist in the reality. These terms are merely constructed labels for actions/choices that are weighed against the evolving social morality of conscious beings.

We have the unique ability to contemplate the nature of existence but for many the mind is unfocused which allows false information to enter, cloud the mind and create unrealistic expectations of existence.

Location hidden

#14919 Jul 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, very good speaking with you. But I ask of what you mean by clouded the minds of many?
For many there is an unfocused mind that knows no peace without there faith in False things they do not understand, for others they know a peace and love that does Not last them long because of there lack of Faith in the one true God, But there are also many who know Peace and Love and have a certain mind on Jesus who they do know will last them Forever.
You are right, there is no (city) after death, but there is also no energy that passes to a (force).
There is a Heaven and there is a Hell. We choose where we go, by in who we belive, follow and love. We all have Souls that when we die, go to where we chose to go.
But know that it is a choice that we all make. Many do not belive therefore many will fall. But there are also many who do belive and therefore will rise.
it's already been proven to you through historical study that there is no hell. never has been, and never will be.
Robsan5

United States

#14920 Jul 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, same-sex marriage is of Homosexuality. The Bible makes clear of Homosexuality being a sin.
There is no requirement to have sex in a marriage.
Where does the bible say anything about same- sex marriage?

Robert

Location hidden

#14921 Jul 16, 2012
SinJinZoo wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, thank you for your response. There is a force. Some call it energy or the holy spirit but it is all the same. The living force of the universe is in all things. Our soul is of the force. When life dies the soul is released pure back to from which it came.
To think that there is a heaven or hell requires good and evil of which neither exist in the reality. These terms are merely constructed labels for actions/choices that are weighed against the evolving social morality of conscious beings.
We have the unique ability to contemplate the nature of existence but for many the mind is unfocused which allows false information to enter, cloud the mind and create unrealistic expectations of existence.
whose hylozoistic approach are you following?
Robsan5

United States

#14922 Jul 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, same-sex marriage is of Homosexuality. The Bible makes clear of Homosexuality being a sin.
Where is "homosexuality" even mentioned in the bible?
What is "homosexuality"?

Robert
SinJinZoo

Brooklyn, NY

#14923 Jul 16, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>whose hylozoistic approach are you following?
Thank you for asking my friend. A bit of my own actually. It comes from the great wealth of things that I have learned and experienced in my life.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14924 Jul 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, very good understanding and question. I answer, when it says to be put to death, it means of Hell. It does not mean for us to kill them, but that they will be sending themselves to death, which means sending themselves to Hell.
My friend, I ask to know and not make fun, I ask of which (texts) do you mean of that we can not follow?
The passage in question said the following:

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.(NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

This is not ambiguous. It does not mention hell. It says they should be put to death.

So, again - do you believe this should happen to homosexuals?
SinJinZoo

Brooklyn, NY

#14925 Jul 16, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>The passage in question said the following:

If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.(NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)

This is not ambiguous. It does not mention hell. It says they should be put to death.

So, again - do you believe this should happen to homosexuals?
My friend this bible has many well intended principles in it. What you are reading here is the same as the rest of the bible, a reflection of the moral compass of the author and not a deity.

Location hidden

#14926 Jul 16, 2012
SinJinZoo wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for asking my friend. A bit of my own actually. It comes from the great wealth of things that I have learned and experienced in my life.
are you then a stoic?
SinJinZoo

Brooklyn, NY

#14927 Jul 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>My friend, If we know not of what God wants and is then how do we know that we do right? God has made clear of what he said is right and wrong, we all choose to follow or not. Jesus once said;
"Come, follow me","and I will make you fishers of men." Matthew 4:19.
I choose to follow him and to love him, and Jesus says that if we follow him and love him then we are one with God, therefore we know what is his way. Yes, God did create all of Humanity, and also all of the Universe, Past, Present and Future.
My friend I feel you have a great burden in your words. Might you take time to meditate and clear your mind of these contaminants that are manipulating your intuition.

We trust our intuition to guide us in our connection to the universe, but we must be mindful to maintain control of our mind and not let our mind control us.

The universe manifests itself in many ways be it in life or inanimate matter or radiation or the multitude of other ways. It is the nature of the universe that created humanity as it created all other things. We are living proof of our connection to the universe.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14928 Jul 16, 2012
SinJinZoo wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend this bible has many well intended principles in it. What you are reading here is the same as the rest of the bible, a reflection of the moral compass of the author and not a deity.
gee...no kidding?
SinJinZoo

Brooklyn, NY

#14929 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>are you then a stoic?
No, not at all my friend.

Location hidden

#14930 Jul 16, 2012
SinJinZoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all my friend.
i was asking because they are very similar in philosophy

Location hidden

#14931 Jul 16, 2012
SinJinZoo wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend I feel you have a great burden in your words. Might you take time to meditate and clear your mind of these contaminants that are manipulating your intuition.
We trust our intuition to guide us in our connection to the universe, but we must be mindful to maintain control of our mind and not let our mind control us.
The universe manifests itself in many ways be it in life or inanimate matter or radiation or the multitude of other ways. It is the nature of the universe that created humanity as it created all other things. We are living proof of our connection to the universe.
if you talk to her for long enough i believe that you'll find that her 'burden' was given to her by both her father, and the southern chuch of christ. she is unable to escape their mindset now.
SinJinZoo

Brooklyn, NY

#14932 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>if you talk to her for long enough i believe that you'll find that her 'burden' was given to her by both her father, and the southern chuch of christ. she is unable to escape their mindset now.
Over the course of our lives our mind records much chatter. It's important to meditate and cleans ones self of this chatter so that we don't disassociate ourselves from the universe or our intuition. With a focused mind we can eliminate things that draw us away from the true wisdom offered freely by the universe.
SinJinZoo

Brooklyn, NY

#14933 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>i was asking because they are very similar in philosophy
My friend our emotions can dictate how we act if we aren't mindful of them. This doesn't mean we should shut them out.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#14934 Jul 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, I never said such thing. I have made clear many times that God condemns Homosexuality. Same-sex marriage is Homosexuality, which means that God does not approve of it. There is much in the Bible that says of the wrong of Homosexuality, Like;
2 refer to rape (Genesis 19:5, Judges 19:22)
5 refer to cult prostitution (Deuteronomy 23:17-18, 1 Kings 14:23-24, 15:12-13, 22:46, 2 Kings 23:6-8)
1 refers to prostitution and pederasty (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)
4 are nonspecific (Leviticus 18:21-22, Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Timothy 1:8-10)
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.(NKJ, Leviticus 18:22)
Then a BJ should be OK, that's not as with a woman.

Kom2

Miami, FL

#14935 Jul 16, 2012
CAN_PsychStudent wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, homosexuality is not a choice, so I'm not sure how that fits into your logic.
If God will love us no matter what, then why does it matter if I sin or not?
Also, why are certain sins emphasized so much? Gluttony is a sin, but you don't see Christian protestors standing outside all-you-can-eat buffets and fast food restaurants. There are wars going on, millions of people dying of hunger and disease, huge corporations polluting the environment, murderers, rapists and pedophiles running loose on the streets. Is being gay so bad that you'd overlook all of that to focus on same-sex marriage?
My friend, it is a choice. We all choose who we choose to be. Onces again my friend, very good question. I answer, Sin separates us from God, by our own hand we do so. By sinning, it does not mean that God throws you aside, it means that we throw him aside. God does not want us to sin because he does not want us to be lost from his Love. My friend, know that Sin is Sin, and it all separates us from God. The rapists, murderers and such will all be Judged by the Father. But two wrongs does not make a right, by his eyes Homosexuality is wrong and so is War and such.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#14936 Jul 16, 2012
Hootus wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not angry at all. In fact, I'm very happy. I think I've told you before that I run a company with offices in Houston and Dallas. We're 85 professionals strong - and we are a hoe moe free workplace. The second we find out that one slipped in throughnour interview process, we fire him on the spot. Immediately thereafter, all the officers gather in one of our offices and we pour drinks and celebrate. We also video conference in the officers from the other site. The great thing about Texas is that you don't have to tell the employee why he's being fired, you just tell him to get. LOL! It's a real hoot presiding over a hoe moe free workplace!
And I'm the Lakers' center.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trump is right 1 min Here Is One 3
News Pediatric dentistry for children of all ages in... 6 hr HumanSpirit 2
fantage account (member) (Feb '10) 8 hr The real nike413 5,242
Fantage MEMBER Accounts (May '12) 12 hr serquen1232 1,623
News Therea s a surprisingly simple way to convince ... 13 hr Fart news 2
News Mother protects children as shots rip through h... 13 hr Guest 1
News A charter school closes, the city districts ope... 15 hr Kinky Fiebelkorn 2
More from around the web