Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Should same-sex marriage become legal?

There are 15308 comments on the MLive.com story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Should same-sex marriage become legal?. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14928 Jul 16, 2012
SinJinZoo wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend this bible has many well intended principles in it. What you are reading here is the same as the rest of the bible, a reflection of the moral compass of the author and not a deity.
gee...no kidding?
SinJinZoo

United States

#14929 Jul 16, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>are you then a stoic?
No, not at all my friend.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#14930 Jul 16, 2012
SinJinZoo wrote:
<quoted text>
No, not at all my friend.
i was asking because they are very similar in philosophy

Location hidden

#14931 Jul 16, 2012
SinJinZoo wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend I feel you have a great burden in your words. Might you take time to meditate and clear your mind of these contaminants that are manipulating your intuition.
We trust our intuition to guide us in our connection to the universe, but we must be mindful to maintain control of our mind and not let our mind control us.
The universe manifests itself in many ways be it in life or inanimate matter or radiation or the multitude of other ways. It is the nature of the universe that created humanity as it created all other things. We are living proof of our connection to the universe.
if you talk to her for long enough i believe that you'll find that her 'burden' was given to her by both her father, and the southern chuch of christ. she is unable to escape their mindset now.
SinJinZoo

United States

#14932 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>if you talk to her for long enough i believe that you'll find that her 'burden' was given to her by both her father, and the southern chuch of christ. she is unable to escape their mindset now.
Over the course of our lives our mind records much chatter. It's important to meditate and cleans ones self of this chatter so that we don't disassociate ourselves from the universe or our intuition. With a focused mind we can eliminate things that draw us away from the true wisdom offered freely by the universe.
SinJinZoo

United States

#14933 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>i was asking because they are very similar in philosophy
My friend our emotions can dictate how we act if we aren't mindful of them. This doesn't mean we should shut them out.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#14934 Jul 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, I never said such thing. I have made clear many times that God condemns Homosexuality. Same-sex marriage is Homosexuality, which means that God does not approve of it. There is much in the Bible that says of the wrong of Homosexuality, Like;
2 refer to rape (Genesis 19:5, Judges 19:22)
5 refer to cult prostitution (Deuteronomy 23:17-18, 1 Kings 14:23-24, 15:12-13, 22:46, 2 Kings 23:6-8)
1 refers to prostitution and pederasty (1 Corinthians 6:9-10)
4 are nonspecific (Leviticus 18:21-22, Leviticus 20:13, Romans 1:26-27, 1 Timothy 1:8-10)
You shall not lie with a male as with a woman. It is an abomination.(NKJ, Leviticus 18:22)
Then a BJ should be OK, that's not as with a woman.

Kom2

Miami, FL

#14935 Jul 16, 2012
CAN_PsychStudent wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, homosexuality is not a choice, so I'm not sure how that fits into your logic.
If God will love us no matter what, then why does it matter if I sin or not?
Also, why are certain sins emphasized so much? Gluttony is a sin, but you don't see Christian protestors standing outside all-you-can-eat buffets and fast food restaurants. There are wars going on, millions of people dying of hunger and disease, huge corporations polluting the environment, murderers, rapists and pedophiles running loose on the streets. Is being gay so bad that you'd overlook all of that to focus on same-sex marriage?
My friend, it is a choice. We all choose who we choose to be. Onces again my friend, very good question. I answer, Sin separates us from God, by our own hand we do so. By sinning, it does not mean that God throws you aside, it means that we throw him aside. God does not want us to sin because he does not want us to be lost from his Love. My friend, know that Sin is Sin, and it all separates us from God. The rapists, murderers and such will all be Judged by the Father. But two wrongs does not make a right, by his eyes Homosexuality is wrong and so is War and such.

Since: Apr 11

Santa Monica, CA

#14936 Jul 16, 2012
Hootus wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope, not angry at all. In fact, I'm very happy. I think I've told you before that I run a company with offices in Houston and Dallas. We're 85 professionals strong - and we are a hoe moe free workplace. The second we find out that one slipped in throughnour interview process, we fire him on the spot. Immediately thereafter, all the officers gather in one of our offices and we pour drinks and celebrate. We also video conference in the officers from the other site. The great thing about Texas is that you don't have to tell the employee why he's being fired, you just tell him to get. LOL! It's a real hoot presiding over a hoe moe free workplace!
And I'm the Lakers' center.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14938 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>
shit, you can't even read english and understand it.
my proof comes from from history...
you have shown me no proof. you have shown me what you think was written in the bible is usually a misinterpretation, or a mistranslation. you have only given me this. not only that, but you can't use a book to prove the veracity of that same book.
we have asked you repeatedly for proof, and you have given only opinions based upon someone else's opinions. when we ask you for proof, what we want is something that can be shown again and again by scientific experimentation (that's called 'peer reviewed', btw) something tangible or something that we can actually see. do you understand now? we don't want your bedtime stories.
My friend, I have shown much proof. But now I ask you Where is the proof that you speak of? Where in History does it say of such a Man that was on drugs and called himself John?
Please understand, I mean not to bother when I ask these questions, I ask to know.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14939 Jul 16, 2012
SinJinZoo wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, thank you for your response. There is a force. Some call it energy or the holy spirit but it is all the same. The living force of the universe is in all things. Our soul is of the force. When life dies the soul is released pure back to from which it came.
To think that there is a heaven or hell requires good and evil of which neither exist in the reality. These terms are merely constructed labels for actions/choices that are weighed against the evolving social morality of conscious beings.
We have the unique ability to contemplate the nature of existence but for many the mind is unfocused which allows false information to enter, cloud the mind and create unrealistic expectations of existence.
My friend, I admire the way you wright. It is as calm. But know my friend that Yes there is a Holy Spirit. Heaven is a place of which there is good, happiness and love. It is the Kingdom of God. Hell is a place of hate, pain, and wrrong. It is where the Devil was cast to.

Many have taken what God put as right and turned wrong, and what God put as wrong turned right. That is why there are so many religions of many. But there is much proof of to which is real and which is not. Some religions say that they must kill to get to Heaven and others say that when we die, we just die. But what if when we die we dont just stay dead? One may says that the Universe keeps us where we are, but I ask them who created the Universe? Some say that we came from Monkeys yet there is no Missing-link found. Others say that it was all just a big bang, but I ask what were the odds that we landed in such a perfect place, not to far nor close to the sun, moon and star?

Many would choose to belive that there is no God because they are afraid that they may go to Hell. Others choose not to belive because they found comfort in something that they think makes more sense.

But I ask, what if a non-beliver dies thinking that there is no Heaven nor Hell, and they are Wrong?
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14940 Jul 16, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is "homosexuality" even mentioned in the bible?
What is "homosexuality"?
Robert
My friend, I have listed much of where it says of it.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14941 Jul 16, 2012
Just Think wrote:
<quoted text>
The passage in question said the following:
If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. They shall surely be put to death. Their blood shall be upon them.(NKJ, Leviticus 20:13)
This is not ambiguous. It does not mention hell. It says they should be put to death.
So, again - do you believe this should happen to homosexuals?
My friend, Death meant of Hell. For Hell is the ultimate death, of which there is no peace. Many think that when it say death, it means for us to kill, it is not true. God would never tell us to kill the ones who are lost. If we sin then we are separated from God and if we die separated from God then we will be in Hell. But if we die with God with us and in our hearts then we will be in Heaven.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14943 Jul 16, 2012
SinJinZoo wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend I feel you have a great burden in your words. Might you take time to meditate and clear your mind of these contaminants that are manipulating your intuition.
We trust our intuition to guide us in our connection to the universe, but we must be mindful to maintain control of our mind and not let our mind control us.
The universe manifests itself in many ways be it in life or inanimate matter or radiation or the multitude of other ways. It is the nature of the universe that created humanity as it created all other things. We are living proof of our connection to the universe.
My friend, I thank you. But know, that I know not of worry for I need not to worry of anything. I let God guide me to where I go not me nor the Universe my friend. I let God show me to where must be.

My friend, I mean not to offend, but know that the creator of this world and everyone, place, thing and idea in the Universe is not of the Universe, but of the Father who created the Universe and all. We are living proof of Gods Love and Presents. He watches us and takes care of us from a distance.

Location hidden

#14944 Jul 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
My friend, Death meant of Hell. For Hell is the ultimate death, of which there is no peace. Many think that when it say death, it means for us to kill, it is not true. God would never tell us to kill the ones who are lost. If we sin then we are separated from God and if we die separated from God then we will be in Hell. But if we die with God with us and in our hearts then we will be in Heaven.
funny, the concept of hell isn't part of the jewish religion. in fact, hell didn't exist until the followers of saul of tarsus invented it while he was preaching among the dung heaps and the garbage behind the temple of rome because they wouldn't let him inside. they needed something to scare the superstitious and the naive into following their new religion.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14945 Jul 16, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Then a BJ should be OK, that's not as with a woman.
My friend, it is of a Homosexual act.

Location hidden

#14946 Jul 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
oh yeah... and heaven isn't recognised in the context of the jewish faith, either.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14947 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>
funny, the concept of hell isn't part of the jewish religion. in fact, hell didn't exist until the followers of saul of tarsus invented it while he was preaching among the dung heaps and the garbage behind the temple of rome because they wouldn't let him inside. they needed something to scare the superstitious and the naive into following their new religion.
My friend, Saul (later known as Paul) was first mentioned in the book of Acts. Where Hell is mentioned;
Mark 9:46 describes hell as: "Their worm does not die and the fire is not quenched."

Matthew 8:12 says, "But the subjects of the kingdom will be thrown outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth."

Isaiah 66:24 reads: "And they will go out and look upon the dead bodies of those who rebelled against me; their worm will not die, nor will their fire be quenched, and they will be loathsome to all mankind."
And much more.. But of the books that I have listed are all before Acts of which Saul is first mentioned.
Hell is a place that God created for the Devil and his Demons, not for us. But we send ourselfes there.
Kom2

Miami, FL

#14948 Jul 16, 2012
<quoted text>
oh yeah... and heaven isn't recognised in the context of the jewish faith, either.
My friend, there are two types of Jewish faith today. There is one that they belive that Jesus has not yet come to die for us, and some more. The other is the same as Christians belive. But some Jewish people also belive that;

Heaven is a place where souls live before coming down to earth, and the place they go back to after finishing their mission in this world.

Others belive people believe in reincarnation (gilgul hanefesh), but unlike the reincarnation of Indian beliefs, this is seen as a reward, rather than a trial.

I do not know much of Jewish, for Iam Christian.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#14949 Jul 16, 2012
Kom2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the bible does it say that passage is a metaphor for hell and not intended as a direction to kill.

We'll wait.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'So many other Tinas out there:' Caregiver call... 3 hr CTNelson 7
News First-grader channels her civil rights heroes a... 4 hr sesostrus 1
News Gay teacher says coworkers told him to 'find a ... 7 hr Tiny Emolument Hands 2
News Jim Carrey apologizes for using photos kids' ph... (Jul '15) 20 hr C Kersey 2
News Intelligent Design's One Valid Scientific Point Sun Davidjayjordan 98
News Father shot during scuffle with kids' stepfather (Nov '12) Apr 21 xgnn 62
News Royson James: No-show Doug Ford takes 'Black ki... Apr 21 Beware of Doug 2 eh 1