Should same-sex marriage become legal?

Should same-sex marriage become legal?

There are 15308 comments on the MLive.com story from Sep 25, 2011, titled Should same-sex marriage become legal?. In it, MLive.com reports that:

Between 2000 and 2005, the number of same-sex couples in the United States increased by more than 20 percent, according to the Williams Institute, a think tank concerned with laws and public policy related to sexual orientation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MLive.com.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#13858 Jun 17, 2012
Who Sane Wife wrote:
<quoted text>We're traveling down a slippery slope in the legality of defining marriage (multiple wives or marrying an animal or child could be next).
Yup....that slippery slope is what you have in ().
Robsan5

Puyallup, WA

#13860 Jun 17, 2012
Charlie Feather wrote:
Were the proponents of the aristocracy during the French Revolution on the right side of history?
Were the proponents of King George on the right side of history?
Were the proponents of Nazism on the right side of history?
Were the proponents of Marxism on the right side of history?
What side of history are you on, Robert?
See above post,'Repression, oppression and persecution'.

Robert
Robsan5

Puyallup, WA

#13861 Jun 17, 2012
Who Sane Wife wrote:
<quoted text>You don't believe that..because homosexual marriage (for the most part) is/was "law breaking"...
so indeed..you believe in adults breaking the law if you yourself deem the laws shouldn't be followed...let's be honest here.
You're not making much sense here.
Same-sex couples can't get married until it is legal for them to get married. How is that 'law breaking'?

Robert
Robsan5

Puyallup, WA

#13862 Jun 17, 2012
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
And how could I overlook Sodom and Gomorrah? Were they on the right side of history?
Oh, I didn't know you wanted to have a discussion of fantasy lands...

Robert
Robsan5

Puyallup, WA

#13863 Jun 17, 2012
Who Sane Wife wrote:
<quoted text>Society is formed on a collective scale...which not only deem what is legal, but also what is moral..and this country was built on religious beliefs (Judo-Christian)..right or wrong..we cannot deny that...obviously we have some pulling in one direction and others pulling in another...I take the stand..that moral decay destroys a nation..that homosexuality works against the natural design of human relationship/family which should be the foundation of societies..
Can you present proof of your claims of your 'stand'?? Public policy should be based on more than just feelings....

Robert
Robsan5

Puyallup, WA

#13865 Jun 17, 2012
Who Sane Wife wrote:
<quoted text>I don't take the stand that women's rights, civil rights for blacks, and inter-racial marriages is the same..in terms of viewing this from a religious point of view..as the Christian Bible never excluded the basic rights to the above mention...but the biblical belief does take a strong stance against homosexuality..
Does the bible take 'a strong stance' against homosexuality, or the sex acts of homosexuals? They are two different things, right?

Robert

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#13867 Jun 17, 2012
Charlie Feather wrote:
<quoted text>
The message gay marriage sends is that it is okay to be gay. But do we really want our children indulging in risky and morally decadent behavior?
No, we want our children to marry normally, to have children normally, raise them up normally in a normal family, and pass on the historic values and traditions of our country.
Gay marriage does none of that.
wtf is 'morally decadent behavior'?

'we've always done it like that' isn't a good reason for doing anything at all, you ditz.

Location hidden

#13868 Jun 17, 2012
Who Sane Wife wrote:
<quoted text>I don't take the stand that women's rights, civil rights for blacks, and inter-racial marriages is the same..in terms of viewing this from a religious point of view..as the Christian Bible never excluded the basic rights to the above mention...but the biblical belief does take a strong stance against homosexuality..
i think that you should go back and read your bible or the torah.

women are to be silent and to keep their heads covered in public. women aren't allowed to enter into the temple unless it is as a prostitute to be used during religious ceremonies.

blacks are to be subservient to whites in all ways, and to obey their masters

the creator placed each different species of person on a different continent so that they couldn't intermingle and to keep the blood pure.

but, there is absolutely nothing in the bible which could be honestly construed as being against homosexuality. anything that they say does was added into religious dogma, not the bible.

learn to read.

Location hidden

#13869 Jun 17, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Does the bible take 'a strong stance' against homosexuality, or the sex acts of homosexuals? They are two different things, right?
Robert
neither, actually

Location hidden

#13871 Jun 17, 2012
Who Sane Wife wrote:
<quoted text>We're traveling down a slippery slope in the legality of defining marriage (multiple wives or marrying an animal or child could be next).
if you don't want the slope to be so slippery, then stop wanking and drooling on it.

Location hidden

#13873 Jun 17, 2012
Who Sane Wife wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone can deem another's argument not "real"...when avoiding a direct point...there are others who claim they should also have rights to children..that the attraction is just as natural as lesbian/gays and heterosexual...whether you like this line of agrument or not..it's a valid one..calling it moronic will not change the point..that if you're against this..you indeed want to impose your belief on others like everyone else..don't deny it's not one in the same..in order to foster your own personal stand on homosexual marriage..
no, goofy... dragging 'children' into a discussion on ssm is doing but muddying the water. the two things are totally disconnected unless the children in question were born homosexual. then, when they get older they will have the right to marry someone of the same sex... see how that works?

Location hidden

#13874 Jun 17, 2012
Who Sane Wife wrote:
<quoted text>Society is formed on a collective scale...which not only deem what is legal, but also what is moral..and this country was built on religious beliefs (Judo-Christian)..right or wrong..we cannot deny that...obviously we have some pulling in one direction and others pulling in another...I take the stand..that moral decay destroys a nation..that homosexuality works against the natural design of human relationship/family which should be the foundation of societies..
first of all, it's erroneous to assume that the u.s. was founded on religious principals. the so called 'founding fathers' almost to a man were secular deists.

you can take a stand on 'moral decay' if you wish, but there is absolutely no such thing as a 'collective', or a 'societal' moral standard. moral values are as individual as are finger prints. they can't be taught, bought or sold. they don't come from any books, nor do they come from our mommies.

natural design? are you aware that more or less 10% of every species of animal, including homo sapiens-sapiens happens to display same sex orientation... you can't get a whole lot more natural than that, you know and in doing so, you are totally negating all gay and lesbian headed families.

Location hidden

#13875 Jun 17, 2012
Who Sane Wife wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you guys used the word "bigot" a lot when speaking to someone with a different belief/opinion than you..is trying to use shaming supposed to work?
i very seldom use the word,'bigot', but i can understand where they're coming from. you see, any person who is willing to put someone else down for what they are, what they were created to be, is in fact, a 'bigot' by definition.

does that help clear it up for you?

Location hidden

#13876 Jun 17, 2012
Who Sane Wife wrote:
<quoted text>You don't believe that..because homosexual marriage (for the most part) is/was "law breaking"...
so indeed..you believe in adults breaking the law if you yourself deem the laws shouldn't be followed...let's be honest here.
there are no laws against 'homosexual marriage' in the u.s. it's not recognised in many places, but it's not illegal.

Location hidden

#13877 Jun 17, 2012
Who Sane Wife wrote:
<quoted text>Beliefs are impose on others all the time..some don't believe in paying taxes..or putting people to death...on and on the list goes...doesn't mean laws aren't made, change, or broken all the time...that's the whole point in voting/protesting..etc...
laws aren't written based on personal beliefs. they are based upon the needs of society. if you were to start writing laws reflecting your own ideas, then they would be unconstitutional

just like
SHADOW

Canyon Lake, TX

#13878 Jun 17, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still waiting for you to say what the ruin same-sex marriage will cause opposite-sex marriage. Cat got your tongue Shady?
For a short fat gender confused black man, you sure makes a lot of claims you can't back up, right?
Robert
Since Marriage is one man and one woman a same sex marriage can not exist. It is impossible bobby but you just keep asking the same stupid questions as you and your kind fade into the sunset.
Ahhh yes copy my post son that is all you have anyway.
Someone

Aiken, SC

#13879 Jun 17, 2012
cookielove1992 wrote:
whether people agree with same sex marriage or not it still should be legal
i dont care what some BS book says
not allowing is just being something called "selfish" keeping marriage only to males n females
marriage is a special thing linking one person to another which should be allowed for ALL couples
NO
Steven

Timmins, Canada

#13880 Jun 17, 2012
Alright let me clear some things up. First off, i am a christian and am well aquianted with the several versus that same homosexual marriage is immoral. I also tend to lean right on the political spectrum.

That said, Gay marriage should be legal. Homosexuality is NOT a choice, it is NOT wrong, and a gay christian CAN exist. just because marriage is defined as between a man and a woman, this should not be a barrier, after all, definitions can be changed.
and if you are one of th assholes who set up protests about how gays are going to hell, let me ask you something. what is the meaning of the phrase "Let he without sin cast the first stone"?
SHADOW

Canyon Lake, TX

#13881 Jun 17, 2012
Robsan5 wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you must be constantly amused when your fellow bigots like Shady constantly use the mythical claim that same-sex marriage will some how damage opposite-sex marriage.
We live in a constitutional republic, set up by men far smarter than either of us. They, for the most part, did not follow your Judeo-Christian beliefs.
Instead of worrying about the downfall of western civilization, why don't you worry about the downfall of your own soul?
American culture and history has always been a bumpy road headed for increased civil liberties. Including civil rights for homosexuals just another landmark on our trip.
Robert
Robert
Do yourself a favor and go look in the mirror and ask those questions.
Our founders were most definitely following Juedo-Christian beliefs. Saying they weren't won't make it come true. Look at the money in your pocket--In God We Trust. What do you think that means?
I have posted time and time again same sex fake marriages tear at the very fabric of Marriage as we all know it to be. And yes when we forget where we have come from our civilization will surely fail. I won't accept that for the sake of appeasing a very small group of gender confused individuals-2%.
Homos have all the civil rights I have and now you ask for special rights not granted to me. WTH is that about bobby.
I see a lot of your type who constantly beat this drum and then say (but I'm not queer) and expect everyone to believe it.
You are a mess bobby and repenting for your sins would be a really good place to start not trying to deny my religious beliefs.
I have rights too
SHADOW

Canyon Lake, TX

#13882 Jun 17, 2012
Rose_NoHo wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus tap dancing Christ...
My picture shows I'm a woman, and not fat.
You're confused. And, ignorant, NoHo is short for North Hollywood. The place I live in.
http://nohoartsdistrict.com/
And why are you con dumbs such racists?
It is not my fault you are a short, fat, gender confused black man so stop calling me names. Anyway What exactly do you base your claim I am a racist? Looks more like you are the one bringing that up over and over fella.
Your pic could be of anyone you chose to copy like your lifestyle is copied.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Thousands of Kentucky teachers rally for educat... 4 hr Calvinist 125
News 'They told us to go make memories ...' Dad make... Tue Guest 1
News Months of inaction led 20 Republicans to take a... Mon Wildchild 3
News Kansas' Jeff Colyer Signs Bill Allowing Adoptio... Sun Deano 5
News Ex-Etiquette: Presence of spouse's ex adds to h... (Nov '09) Sun downinthedumpscg 90
News Andrew Jackson Elementary tapes principal to wa... Sun Wrong 18
News 'Are you prepared to have kids who aren't white?' (Feb '17) May 20 Vivek Golikeri 15