Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31883 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Just Watching

Cleveland, OH

#24874 May 26, 2013
Say What wrote:
Abraham Lincoln said, "People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be."
We Are Happy In Successful Springboro!
If Springboro Teachers aren't happy with their employment in our great schools, provided by Springboro Taxpayers, then it's going to take a lot more than just more money to get them to happily work in our kid's classrooms! Why would any teacher not be happy with great pay and working conditions like these:
Working conditions –
1. New technology, and technology upgrades galore,
2. Clean and well kept facilities,
3. 7.25 hour work day,
4. Paid leave = 15 sick days and 4 personal days off per year,
5. Subs when need,$700,000 in supplemental pay possibilities.
6. Field trips for students and teachers permitted to run trips off line,
7. Moderate sized class for teacher across all grade levels,
8. More support staff for special education and gifted on the horizon,
9. New text books for learning,
10.Fully funded athletic programs,
11.Tons of extra curricular activities for teachers and students,
12.Smart kids making learning easier(better than our urban counterparts,
13.Engaged parents that support educators programs and needs,
14.Great pto organizations that support educators and students needs,
15.A board of education that supports student achievement,
16.Smart boards in every class,
17.A board of education that is focused on policy and safety for our students and teachers,
18.new stages,
19.More band equipment ($35,000 for all kids),
20.Excellent pay and benefits,
21.Generous employee by-outs,
22.More AP classes to accelerate learning.
Not Even Close responded:
Of your 22 options here half don't exist!!!1,6,7,8,9,10,11,13,15, 16 (so not true),17,18 (not sure shay this is?), 20. Prove it!
22) Mr. Malone dumbed down the curriculum a few years ago in an effort to cheaply raise the euphemistic rating for his school according to the Warren County Education Services report, not once but twice the noted this point in consecutive reports. As a consequence, when other schools around us were adding more A/P classes (i.e. Waynesville, Lebanon, Kings, etc) we chose a different tack by adding "fun" electives that prepared our children for nothing in particular.
1) The board, the superintendent, and the technology depart just made a $1.3 million upgrade across the entire school district. Maybe you missed that notice.
6) I am pretty sure that if teachers want to lead a field trip somewhere they are able to do so.
7) When I went to school each class I was in had between 28 and 36 children. A small class was only 28, the classes lasted 55 minutes, the teacher taught us out of books, with a piece of chalk and a chalk board, an adding machine, and a manual grade book where they recorded our progress by hand each day. We all received a solid education. I would be most interested in your definition of moderate.
8) Glancing through the staff roster on the Transparency Project I note a boatload of special education teachers and teacher aides and understand that money is now being allotted by the state for the gifted programs.
9) A couple of years ago the board allocated $2.3 million for new text books. As of now only $600,000 has been spent, the remaining $1.8 is, according to Ms. Strittenberger, to be spent when we know what the state requirements for the new common core turn out to be. Bravo to Ms. Strittenberger for doing the smart thing with her budget and husbanding it until she knows for sure which way the wind is blowing with the common core. The alternative in the past was to just spend the money whether it made sense or not, our zero based budgeting program allows her the flexibility to time her purchases without fear of losing her monies.
10) If we get the money to the program the way they are supposed to receive their money, we are good. If we look for ways to shortchange and play politics with the money then the kids and their parents are screwed.
11) Really, we have enough.
Just Watching

Cleveland, OH

#24875 May 26, 2013
13) Don't believe everything the union tells you, the parents of this school district want success for their children, the teachers, and the schools. How you get their is the only issue and if you are afraid of the debate, perhaps you don't have a good argument for your side.

15) You now have a board of education that wishes to see actual learning as opposed to euphemistic turns of phrase in place of real education.

16) Part of the technology project investment of $1.3 million dollars, you have to know this by now.

17) The board is putting money into the purchase of new buses to replace ones that are barely passing safety tests and have been neglected for years. Your child's safety is also paramount in the class rooms as well as on the way to and from school. The board is exploring the different options available which would both protect and provide the greatest degree of deterrence to a psychopath. As you know there is absolutely no way to fully protect anyone or anything, the next best thing to do is assess the levels of risk and how best to cost effectively amelioratate them.

20) Excellent pay and benefits, if you don't have them then they might be excellent. If you are bored with what you have then their is certainly teaching opportunities within the public sector that pay better. Or their are other opportunities for people with great experience elsewhere in the surrounding areas that can be pursued.
Celebrate Our Success

Piqua, OH

#24876 May 26, 2013
Our Children First Budgeting IS Working!
To learn more and join in the celebration, you can read this great article and more visiting the website... Thank You!

Finding ways to methodically advance student achievement should always be everyone’s goal. Implementing academic reforms will, for example, reduce the present need for so many of our students needing to take college remediation courses. This, of course, will immediately translate into money saved for parents whose students attend Ohio’s colleges. And, in order to meet this challenge of higher academic quality, the current school Board of Education and District are, or already have plans to, invest heavily in technology, professional development for teachers, new textbooks, as well as new computers for every teacher, plus much more.
All this being said, there is a lot of work yet to be done to assure you (parents) that we will strive to do more than meet the minimum state requirements. The current Board of Education is dedicated to being advocates for every student striving to push the bar higher than other districts.
Some say there’s no need to change because our district achieved an “excellent with Distinction” rating for our most recent school year. But we live in a world that is dynamic, a world of ever-evolving expectations and realities that require our constant attention. What once was an acceptable level of achievement is now a relic of the past that will ill serve our children and our taxpayers in the future.
As parents, we all desire that our children be provided the best we can afford. We constantly challenge our children with the hope that doing so will help prepare them for the world and better lives than we ourselves enjoy. We are also highly cognizant of the importance of true learning and greatly value education and the promise of what it may bring.
Everyone in the school community has more in common than they have differences. Let us meld that commonality to push forth a better school system than we enjoy today. We owe it to our children. Let us come together to push for real achievement and higher standards that we currently demand.
http://educatespringboro.wordpress.com/2013/0 ...

“Civic Innovation Designer”

Since: Mar 11

Springboro, Ohio

#24877 May 26, 2013
Celebrate Our Success wrote:
Finding ways to methodically advance student achievement should always be everyone’s goal. Implementing academic reforms will, for example, reduce the present need for so many of our students needing to take college remediation courses. This, of course, will immediately translate into money saved for parents whose students attend Ohio’s colleges. And, in order to meet this challenge of higher academic quality, the current school Board of Education and District are, or already have plans to, invest heavily in technology, professional development for teachers, new textbooks, as well as new computers for every teacher, plus much more.
"Finding ways to methodically advance student achievement..." with new computers? As a long time techie, I can assure you that the rapid changes in the technology industry has lead to countless piles of gadgets, monitors, and other computer equipment in my basement. Even my "old" iPad doesn't run half the new apps on he store, and many people are holding off upgrades on their iOS devices due to the skyrocketing cost of replacement parts. How could anyone believe that these machines which are planned to be obsolete with every new release be anything near a cost savings for our community?

As for training, no be on the Board was familiar with the 'Blended Learning' line item in the budget. I myself have raised this issue elsewhere on this message board, but has attracted little interest in the Anti-Union snake pit we call Topix. To truly 'blend learning,' we cannot be dependent on the high cost of combined with new technology to engage the new generation of students who are dependent on their technology. Simply offering them a link to online resources is not enough. To created a truly 21st century blended learning environment, teachers much be trained on using the classroom as a workshop to help students use the knowledge they discover online.

Why anyone would invest so much money in something that will be obsolete in two years is beyond me, especially in light of the current trend to retire seasoned professionals early and replace them with younger, cheaper teachers. The 'free market' ideals of the Board is truly astounding, that we would pursue the same philosophies that lead members of the board and many people in our community to bankruptcy. This is our public educational system which serves our community, and not an opportunity to sell our teachers out to a corporation whose only interest is providing a low cost service for the benefit of their shareholders. We are the shareholders, and the teachers are our employees.

How on earth are you going to call off your anti-levy attack dogs at the last minute in order to save our schools from your cronies at the Ohio state house who've cut funding for education? With the promise of shiney baubles? Give. The recent investigation by the Board into privatizing our schools, and the talking tour of the President where she goes around preaching free market values in our public education system, I can only surmise that the Board's support of the upcoming emergency levy is nothing more than lip service, to provide them with talking points when our schools ultimately failed. "We tried to save our school, but they've the bankrupt, offering us no alternative but to rely on my good for-profit school buddies to save us from this mess."

Springboro, Ohio

#24878 May 26, 2013
Pardon my typos above. As I mentioned, my old iPad doesn't work as well as it did two years ago.
Real

Akron, OH

#24879 May 26, 2013
Open Springboro wrote:
<quoted text>
"Finding ways to methodically advance student achievement..." with new computers? As a long time techie, I can assure you that the rapid changes in the technology industry has lead to countless piles of gadgets, monitors, and other computer equipment in my basement. Even my "old" iPad doesn't run half the new apps on he store, and many people are holding off upgrades on their iOS devices due to the skyrocketing cost of replacement parts. How could anyone believe that these machines which are planned to be obsolete with every new release be anything near a cost savings for our community?
As for training, no be on the Board was familiar with the 'Blended Learning' line item in the budget. I myself have raised this issue elsewhere on this message board, but has attracted little interest in the Anti-Union snake pit we call Topix. To truly 'blend learning,' we cannot be dependent on the high cost of combined with new technology to engage the new generation of students who are dependent on their technology. Simply offering them a link to online resources is not enough. To created a truly 21st century blended learning environment, teachers much be trained on using the classroom as a workshop to help students use the knowledge they discover online.
Why anyone would invest so much money in something that will be obsolete in two years is beyond me, especially in light of the current trend to retire seasoned professionals early and replace them with younger, cheaper teachers. The 'free market' ideals of the Board is truly astounding, that we would pursue the same philosophies that lead members of the board and many people in our community to bankruptcy. This is our public educational system which serves our community, and not an opportunity to sell our teachers out to a corporation whose only interest is providing a low cost service for the benefit of their shareholders. We are the shareholders, and the teachers are our employees.
How on earth are you going to call off your anti-levy attack dogs at the last minute in order to save our schools from your cronies at the Ohio state house who've cut funding for education? With the promise of shiney baubles? Give. The recent investigation by the Board into privatizing our schools, and the talking tour of the President where she goes around preaching free market values in our public education system, I can only surmise that the Board's support of the upcoming emergency levy is nothing more than lip service, to provide them with talking points when our schools ultimately failed. "We tried to save our school, but they've the bankrupt, offering us no alternative but to rely on my good for-profit school buddies to save us from this mess."
Missing our rabies shot today?

Try a rational discourse that follows some reasonable path of logic aside from your standard Occupy rants.
Reject Ritter Ramblings

Piqua, OH

#24880 May 26, 2013
Real wrote:
<quoted text>
Missing our rabies shot today?
Try a rational discourse that follows some reasonable path of logic aside from your standard Occupy rants.
Totally agree. Don't think this guy has ever read about how to win friends and influence people.
Christopher Ritter sounds like "the fool who rushes in" where no educated one would ever tread.(probably gets paid "pennies for every word" that he ignorantly spews out on this blog.)
Watching Just Watching

Middletown, OH

#24881 May 26, 2013
Just Watching wrote:
These are your 6th grade test results for 2009 - 2010
2009-10
6th Grade
Limited.... 12 Students
Limited.... 18% Average Score
Limited Definition.....0-12 correct answers (scored 0-24%)
Basic..... 39 Students
Basic..... 31% Average Score
Basic Definition.....13-18 correct answers (scored 26-36%)
Proficient.... 96 Students
Proficient.... 47% Average
Proficient Definition.....19-27 correct answers (38- 54%)
Accelerated..... 104 Students
Accelerated..... 62% Average Score
Accelerated Definition.....28-34 correct answers (56%- 68%)
Advanced 176 Students
Advanced.... 80% Average Score
Advanced Definition.....35-50 correct answers (70%- 100%)
F Below 62.99%..... 209 Students
49%....% receiving F
D 63 to 74.99%..... 93 Students
22%.....% receiving D
C 75 to 84.99%..... 73 Students
17%.....% receiving C
B 85 to 92.99%..... 42 Students
10%.....% receiving B
A 93 and above..... 9 Students
2%.....% receiving A
Total 6th Grade.... 426 Students
You can't equate a percentage score given to a pop quiz in math class to these standardized tests. You're analogy is the same as saying Joey Votto struggled last year because he only got a hit 33.7% percent of the time. Those tests aren't designed to get 100% right. Similar to the SAT, 1490 (93%) is one hell of a score and would garner a whole lot of money in scholarships from nearly every university that student was accepted to.

Sadly, there are enough that "think" like you to twist positive data into a negative. Let's look at the facts:

88% are proficient or better
66% are accelerated or better
41% is advanced

Yes, nearly HALF of our 6th graders are ADVANCED!!!
Race to NoWhere

Piqua, OH

#24882 May 26, 2013
As parents in the Springboro school district, we have many concerns regarding the harmful illusions
of racing to get "excellent with distinction" rating just so the Teachers can get those "few dollars reward" more. It's past time for school districts to take a closer look. Good to hear that Springboro is slowing down implementing common core.

Nearly two years ago, the Ohio State Board of Education adopted the Obama administration’s educational program of Common Core only 16 days after it was announced. There was no time for evaluation of the standards by those most closely connected to student learning – parents and local teachers.
Now we are seeing the problems inherent in Common Core as a top-down bureaucratic system. Common Core’s one-size-fits-all standards have not sufficiently been proven to work, turning our students into lab rats for federal experimentation. Furthermore, these untested standards are expected to cost Ohio taxpayers multi-millions of dollars to implement at a time when families are already struggling to get by.
Among other costs, Ohio taxpayers will be stuck with the bill for new libraries and equipment. Because Common Core requires standardized tests, schools face the burden of buying additional computers and updating textbooks to comply with this regulation.
And it’s not just the costs! Inherent to Common Core is massive intrusive data collection. Additionally, because of the push to standardize many exams, including some that private and homeschool children take, even privately educated students have reason to be concerned.
Ready to take a stand against these standards? contact your legislators and ask them to repeal Common Core! Every student is unique. It’s simply naïve for bureaucrats to assume all children and classrooms must fit into the same mold. Instead of all the red tape, schools need to hold teachers accountable for their classrooms and allow parents to choose what institution is best for their child. Parents and teachers, who are daily involved with our children, know what individual students need to succeed and how best to reach the goal of a quality education.
For the good of our students, every concerned Ohio citizen should speak out now on the importance of repealing Common Core standards and returning education decisions to the local level where they belong. Please help spread awareness on this vital issue on to a friend who has children in Ohio’s public schools. Ask them to contact their legislators and ask that Common Core be repealed before it is too late. Make sure everyone you know knows the facts about Common Core. Help us take a stand against education bureaucracy!
Race to NoWhere

Piqua, OH

#24883 May 26, 2013
Is the Illusion of Excellence Harmful?

Districts love to point to their fine report card rating as evidence of high performance. Real estate agents love to tout those excellent ratings as proof that a home in the community is a good value. But at some point, Ohioans may want to take a serious look at what is really happening in their school districts. Parents and taxpayers need to know that “excellent” may not be as advertised. It is a disservice to the general public, to parents and especially to children when we pretend that more and more districts are doing a stellar job, when they are not. The stakes are much higher than they are for 1st grade soccer players, who are all superstars. Policymakers must acknowledge that there are serious flaws in an evaluation system that says that the majority of districts are doing excellent work, when all of the data comparing Ohio students nationally and internationally paint a very different picture.
-continued
Race to NoWhere

Piqua, OH

#24884 May 26, 2013
A major disconnect exists when Ohio’s standards suggest that 51.7% of 8th graders are performing at an accelerated or advanced level in reading and the national data suggest that only a small fraction of these 8th graders are anywhere near an advanced level.

Policy Implications:

There is another critical reason t take a hard look at what constitutes an excellent district. Policymakers are increasingly inclined to waive education standards, categorical spending constraints, and other requirements for districts that appear to be high performing. The argument is, why tie the hands of administrators in districts that are so effective? Just give them a pot of money and let them continue to do their excellent job. Recently, Ohio policymakers raised the ante even further by distributing a monetary reward to districts rated excellent. In the current biennial budget, each district rated excellent or excellent with distinction received extra per pupil funding.
The stakes are higher now when it comes to receiving this excellent rating. But what if these highly rated districts aren’t really doing an excellent job? Who suffers the consequences? As the bar for excellence declines and the stakes for failing to achieve that rating rise, districts are provided with increasing incentives to manipulative the system to maintain their high ratings. As one member from the Shawnee Local School District recently shared with the Ohio House Education committee,

The quality of the current education system is measured and rated on test scores –specifically reading and math scores—and graduation rates which are flawed inefficient and unreliable. Testing ratings and graduation requirements can easily be manipulated to imply a higher quality of education than actual performance.
(Ohio House Education Committee, Speptember 21, 2011, testimony
on HB 136)

In light of this commentary, Ohio’s performance on the Algebra II assessment pilot is an example of how the state has kept standards low and buried efforts both to raise standards and to provide direct comparisons to other states. The pilot program run by the American Diploma Project, widely publicized in 2005, was designed to evaluate students in multiple states for true college math readiness on the basis of cut scores that could not be manipulated by districts or state education agencies. In 2009, Ohio students who participated in the project scored poorly-86.6% scored at below proficient levels. Ohio’s participation in the project declined sharply in 2010 (American Diploma Project). In fact, there appears to be little or any mention of this exam, which once was touted as the first step toward ensuring that Ohio students were truly prepared for college.

Springboro, Ohio

#24885 May 26, 2013
Race to NoWhere wrote:
Now we are seeing the problems inherent in Common Core as a top-down bureaucratic system. Common Core’s one-size-fits-all standards have not sufficiently been proven to work, turning our students into lab rats for federal experimentation. Furthermore, these untested standards are expected to cost Ohio taxpayers multi-millions of dollars to implement at a time when families are already struggling to get by.
Among other costs, Ohio taxpayers will be stuck with the bill for new libraries and equipment. Because Common Core requires standardized tests, schools face the burden of buying additional computers and updating textbooks to comply with this regulation.
How do you expect to make any sense when you're spewing contradictory rhetoric from multiple anonymous accounts? The School Bard is recommending hundreds of thousands of dollars to be spent on new computers and textbooks-- READ THAT AGAIN: The BOARD is RECOMMENDING that we buy all these new textbooks and computers. So what are you really fighting for with all your anonymous personalities? That the BOARD spend all this money to bankrupt our school system to make way for the private investors who are funding your smear campaign?

Springboro, Ohio

#24886 May 26, 2013
Watching Just Watching wrote:
You can't equate a percentage score given to a pop quiz in math class to these standardized tests. You're analogy is the same as saying Joey Votto struggled last year because he only got a hit 33.7% percent of the time. Those tests aren't designed to get 100% right. Similar to the SAT, 1490 (93%) is one hell of a score and would garner a whole lot of money in scholarships from nearly every university that student was accepted to.
Oh come on man, you're missing the spirit if the debate. The goal is to question every standard, including our measurement systems! We don't just want our children to score a hundred million points on a quiz a thousand percent of the time, those are standardized commie measurements. We should be measuring our children in terms of the 10 Commandments! How much do their scores reflect their willingness to commit adultery? THAT is what responsible education is REALLY about!
Boro Happy

Piqua, OH

#24887 May 26, 2013
Say What wrote:
Abraham Lincoln said, "People are just as happy as they make up their minds to be."
We Are Happy In Successful Springboro!
If Springboro Teachers aren't happy with their employment in our great schools, provided by Springboro Taxpayers, then it's going to take a lot more than just more money to get them to happily work in our kid's classrooms! Why would any teacher not be happy with great pay and working conditions like these:
Working conditions –
1. New technology, and technology upgrades galore,
2. Clean and well kept facilities,
3. 7.25 hour work day,
4. Paid leave = 15 sick days and 4 personal days off per year,
5. Subs when need,$700,000 in supplemental pay possibilities.
6. Field trips for students and teachers permitted to run trips off line,
7. Moderate sized class for teacher across all grade levels,
8. More support staff for special education and gifted on the horizon,
9. New text books for learning,
10.Fully funded athletic programs,
11.Tons of extra curricular activities for teachers and students,
12.Smart kids making learning easier(better than our urban counterparts,
13.Engaged parents that support educators programs and needs,
14.Great pto organizations that support educators and students needs,
15.A board of education that supports student achievement,
16.Smart boards in every class,
17.A board of education that is focused on policy and safety for our students and teachers,
18.new stages,
19.More band equipment ($35,000 for all kids),
20.Excellent pay and benefits,
21.Generous employee by-outs,
22.More AP classes to accelerate learning.
Sounds better than S-U-R-E!

Why would anyone not be happy living, working, learning and playing sports successfully in our Springboro school district!

G-O P-A-N-T-H-E-R-S!
Scholarships For Who

Lockport, KY

#24888 May 26, 2013
Watching Just Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, there are enough that "think" like you to twist positive data into a negative. Let's look at the facts:
88% are proficient or better.(32%-54% correct answers)
66% are accelerated or better.(56%- 68% correct answers)
41% is advanced.(70%-100% correct answers)
Yes, nearly HALF of our 6th graders are ADVANCED!!!
Just not true.
How many schools are passing out scholarship money to D and C students?
Go to the ODE website and note that the number of correct answers on the test are the basis for everything.
The tests are designed to show what a kid knows, whether they get 10 right of 50, it is a snapshot of what that kid knew that day they took the test.
Nothing fancy schmancy about the results, they are what they are.
Occupying Logic

Lockport, KY

#24889 May 26, 2013
Open Springboro wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh come on man, you're missing the spirit if the debate. The goal is to question every standard, including our measurement systems! We don't just want our children to score a hundred million points on a quiz a thousand percent of the time, those are standardized commie measurements. We should be measuring our children in terms of the 10 Commandments! How much do their scores reflect their willingness to commit adultery? THAT is what responsible education is REALLY about!
The type of logic used during the Occupy movements and it makes as much sense now as it did then.
Boro Alumni

Maineville, OH

#24890 May 27, 2013
Race To Nowhere says: Because Common Core requires standardized tests, schools face the burden of buying additional computers and updating textbooks to comply with this regulation.
Why would Springboro need to update their textbooks or want to have standardized education? Why would Springboro students need to learn what the other 45 states are learning? All we need to know is in the Bible and creationism. Springboro needs to come out of the bubble and realize there is an entire world around us.
Reading Topix postings for awhile, I can see a definite slant. Check out what the rest of the nation is saying about our school and current BOE. This is the nation that our kids are going to be living and working in. They need to be up to date and able to compete in STEM careers. Could a major dislike of the Common Core be that the science component is based on the evidence in science that includes and supports evolution, not creationism, which has no scientific validity?
Topix posters, step out of the Springboro Bubble and check out other view points that may differ from yours: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/24/spri...
Just Stay Focused

Piqua, OH

#24891 May 27, 2013
Open Springboro wrote:
<quoted text>
I appreciate you taking the time to personalize your corporate sales pitch for the citizens of Sringboro, but it'll still an empty promise that is being forced down the throats of parents all across the nation. Here's the sales pitch directly from their website:
"Dismal test scores, out-of-control unsustainable spending, and the ardent defense of adults’ rights have all pushed the government education system to the brink of irrelevance. And worse yet, it’s all having a direct impact on our future ability to compete in the world.
"Little is being done about it. Education Action Group Foundation believes the one-size-fits-all, assembly line government school system requires serious reform.
"Put the needs of students first. What do students need in order to be successful? A quality teacher in every classroom. Up-to-date teaching methods and supplies.“Quality-blind” layoff rules are an insult to effective teachers."
SOUND FAMILIAR???
SOURCE: http://eagnews.org/about/our-perspective/
The time has come to just reject ritter ramblings on this blog.
Springboro parents Christopher Ritter, David Bowman, Lisa Babb, Tiffany Carlisle, Stephanie Bindemann, Nimisha Patel, Lynn Greenberg, and Sarah Jobe are among the small-minded ones in our school district who are "an insult to effective teachers."
Their politics of personal destruction trying to discredit
highly respected Springboro parents who serve as elected BOE representatives, is nothing more than severely misguided, pre-arranged and staged" unionized tactics to distract from the amazing and awesome success of our children first budgeting presentation to the board at the May 23 school board meeting.

Just go on line at www.springboro.org and read all about the good things that are happening in our schools under the leadership of our school board representatives, Kelly Kohls, Jim Rigano, David Petroni, Wendy Kull, and Don Miller. The time has come to Celebrate the Success of our school budget/finance committee's five year forecast, presented to our entire school board for vote of approval on May 23!
For S-U-R-E, our Children First Budgeting IS Working!
Even our one remaining "lover of tax and spend" board member, Don Miller, joined in to VOTE YES for Our Children First!
Thank You, Mr. Miller for standing with Springboro taxpayers in our committment to ensure that the children of the Springboro community receive an excellent education while keeping the costs of that education affordable, by carefully adhering to responsible spending.
We Love Our Children First in Springboro!
No Babbles for this Voter

Youngstown, OH

#24892 May 27, 2013
Once again, Lisa Babb is runnng her mouth and trying to drum up support for 'her' campaign to run for school board. This is one voter that will not support her and her agenda to get on the board.
Vote For Success

Piqua, OH

#24893 May 27, 2013
The PBS TV channel airs "kudos" to the OEA for their support of over 130,000 Ohio public school teachers, fighting against local school district taxpayers in efforts to gain more power and control over our kid's classroom education and our school tax dollars. To the OEA, it's all about the money! And that's what Badd Babb for Boro and her unionized band of followers are all about! November 2011 Lisa and her band of badd roamed through our neighborhood spreading false accusation and lies against Our Children First!

The time has come to Rally behind our Springboro Parents like Kelly Kohls and Wendy Kull who will continue standing strong in their financial responsibility to Our Children First!

Why would any parent want to reverse our children first budgeting success to the Badd Babb days of union first control of our Springboro Board of Education representatives?

For our children's future, Springboro parents like Kelly Kohls and Wendy Kull must step up once again into the "union ring of fire" and get out there with us and campaign successfully to remain serving our school children and community as our Springboro School Board Representatives!

Thank You! Thank You!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
moviestarplanet free account! (Jul '13) 2 hr fluffy bunny 337
News How Autistic People Helped Shape the Modern World 5 hr Friend 9
News Read one gay dad's scathing letter to anti-LGBT... 8 hr Fa-Foxy 1
Unwanted "Stardoll" Accounts (May '10) 11 hr Random Person 1,371
News Posey should immunize against MMR autism fears:... 12 hr Friend 1
News Obama Admin Recruiting Illegal Immigrants & Pay... 14 hr Justice league 1
News Gay marriage ruling in Kentucky upheld 17 hr urban decay 10
More from around the web