Our recommendation: Springboro voters...

Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

There are 31999 comments on the Dayton Daily News story from Feb 5, 2008, titled Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies. In it, Dayton Daily News reports that:

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Dayton Daily News.

Awesome

Springfield, OH

#22325 Oct 9, 2012
Character wrote:
Let me share a brief overview this board’s activity since January 2012:
• To put children first we approved the investment of over $900,000 in tools for our teachers and students that range from textbooks to computers, from Wi-Fi interconnectivity for all buildings to training and supplies for teachers. The end result is our teachers get the tools needed to prepare them and our children to face the coming Common Core Standards and 21st century demands.
• To restore community confidence and provide greater fiscal transparency across the district, we turned the TV back on and established 3-board level committees for Policy, Budget & Finance, and employee Compensation & Evaluation. Opening these committee meetings to the public allows for greater access to the same information utilized by the administration and board to make decisions.
• To control spending we established a philosophy that asks everyone to get back to the basics and policies in education and set a goal to operate the district with a balanced budget.
-cont.
Funny that someone judged this badly. Why? I think it is because you don't think kids should come first in education.
Character

Cincinnati, OH

#22326 Oct 9, 2012
Awesome wrote:
<quoted text>
OK who wrote this? It is awesome.
The article "Let's Rally For Our Children" by David Petroni, Springboro Borad of Education is printed on page 4 of the
October 4 Springboro Sun newspaper.
It is so inspiring, but most likely most readers on this blog
did not see the article so it is well worth calling to our attention, again.(I noticed that the front page of the Springboro Sun had printed the article "Schools, SYB Reach Usage Agreement" so I thought most readers probably stopped at the front page and I just wanted to call attention to "Let's Rally For Our Children!")
Happy Days

Milwaukee, WI

#22327 Oct 9, 2012
Character wrote:
These three principles and goals – putting children first, restoring community confidence, and controlling spending, are core to my beliefs and central to my reasons for taking on this role as a board member.
I am committed to these principles. How we act, how we respond, how we negotiate relative to these principles will ultimately decide what education looks like in Springboro in the future.
I wish to spend a minute to speak to an area of concern. The taxpayers of this district need to be aware of the type of public record requests fielded over these past nine months. These are your records, and I don’t dispute your right to see them.
The board and administration are not being asking for records concerning budget issues. We are not being asked ask for records, information, or to disclose the reasons behind our third through eighth grade test scores. The records and questions are not seeking data to formulate opinions generally, nor are they asking why our district is not promoting more post secondary education options for high school students and parents. And, to the best of my recollection, not one record request has been made to the athletic department about how they plan to close the gap in funding their programs.
No, the majority of these public record requests are not rallying around things that impact our children, but often are narrowly focused on unproductive issues amongst adults.
While I believe the board has always acted appropriately, each of these requests must be treated seriously, including seeking legal counsel to verify we are in compliance. Every request costs the taxpayers of this school district real money, money that comes at the expense of our children, teachers, and infrastructure.
Instead, lets rally first for our children’s future; let’s rally to insure no child looses a year of growth; lets rally to find ways to restore community confidence; is it not time to rally to bring this community together! This I believe is the right thing to do!
Mr. Petroni, please provide examples of these requests so that the community can decide if they are warranted or not. This is the first I, and probably many others, have heard of this possible issue.
Thank You

Cincinnati, OH

#22328 Oct 9, 2012
Character wrote:
<quoted text>
The article "Let's Rally For Our Children" by David Petroni, Springboro Borad of Education is printed on page 4 of the
October 4 Springboro Sun newspaper.
It is so inspiring, but most likely most readers on this blog
did not see the article so it is well worth calling to our attention, again.(I noticed that the front page of the Springboro Sun had printed the article "Schools, SYB Reach Usage Agreement" so I thought most readers probably stopped at the front page and I just wanted to call attention to "Let's Rally For Our Children!")
I had not seen the Springboro Sun newspaper; but agree the article Let's Rally For Our Children is worth calling to our attention.
Thank you.
Too funny

Cincinnati, OH

#22329 Oct 9, 2012
Character wrote:
These three principles and goals – putting children first, restoring community confidence, and controlling spending, are core to my beliefs and central to my reasons for taking on this role as a board member.
I am committed to these principles. How we act, how we respond, how we negotiate relative to these principles will ultimately decide what education looks like in Springboro in the future.
I wish to spend a minute to speak to an area of concern. The taxpayers of this district need to be aware of the type of public record requests fielded over these past nine months. These are your records, and I don’t dispute your right to see them.
The board and administration are not being asking for records concerning budget issues. We are not being asked ask for records, information, or to disclose the reasons behind our third through eighth grade test scores. The records and questions are not seeking data to formulate opinions generally, nor are they asking why our district is not promoting more post secondary education options for high school students and parents. And, to the best of my recollection, not one record request has been made to the athletic department about how they plan to close the gap in funding their programs.
No, the majority of these public record requests are not rallying around things that impact our children, but often are narrowly focused on unproductive issues amongst adults.
While I believe the board has always acted appropriately, each of these requests must be treated seriously, including seeking legal counsel to verify we are in compliance. Every request costs the taxpayers of this school district real money, money that comes at the expense of our children, teachers, and infrastructure.
Instead, lets rally first for our children’s future; let’s rally to insure no child looses a year of growth; lets rally to find ways to restore community confidence; is it not time to rally to bring this community together! This I believe is the right thing to do!
What a joke! Why don't you ask the treasurer how much time and money were spent on Ed. Springboro's constant requests..
Lawyer up

Taylor, MI

#22330 Oct 10, 2012
Happy Days wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Petroni, please provide examples of these requests so that the community can decide if they are warranted or not. This is the first I, and probably many others, have heard of this possible issue.
How much will it cost for the lawsuit that is being filed against them?
Too funny

Cincinnati, OH

#22331 Oct 10, 2012
Lawyer up wrote:
<quoted text>How much will it cost for the lawsuit that is being filed against them?
It will cost "the children " north of 20k
Boro Bad Apple

Cincinnati, OH

#22332 Oct 10, 2012
Too funny wrote:
<quoted text>
It will cost "the children " north of 20k
Not funny at all; just wasteful! once again, taxpayers will foot the bill for greedy self-interest union activist, Tammy Grigsby.
Really

Cincinnati, OH

#22333 Oct 10, 2012
The BOE is to blame. She was an innocent bystander. Lets see who takes the fall.

Since: Oct 09

Springboro, OH

#22334 Oct 10, 2012
Really wrote:
The BOE is to blame. She was an innocent bystander. Lets see who takes the fall.
Innocent Bystander? She is just ticked off that she was not hired and wants the district to pay.
Exactly what is she out that she hopes to recoup through a lawsuit? Even if you believe her story of what happened, she interviewed, was offered the job, and the offer was rescinded within a couple days. Happens all the time in the real world private sector.
Maybe she is hoping to bankrupt the schools so that her claims of gloom and doom from her levy campaigns come true.
What a loser and disgrace. Thank goodness that she was not hired. Her actions just prove that it would have been a bad hire.
Boro Bad Apple

Cincinnati, OH

#22335 Oct 11, 2012
Batter Up wrote:
<quoted text>
You Go First! Take your own advice and "get over yourselves."
Why do you Baker/Lolli Babbles keep "popping up" to beat down the truth that the 2011 pro-levy union school board candidates are the real losers, simply because Mike Kruse, Gentry Ellis, Lisa Babb, and Jane Gregg, FAILED to win the the two school board representatives open seats? Why continue drawing attention to yourselves as the "Bad for Boro Loser Candidates" who refuse to concede to doing what's right for our school children and community?
Baker's Best Batter is back in the position of school superintendent! Folks, better get on "board docs" and download Todd Petrey's recommendation to the Springboro Board of Education at the October 9th board meeting. We all need to invite our neighbors in to watch the TV broadcasts of the board meeting so that we stay alert to Mr. Petrey's attemps to hand our school district over to the same ole Baker Bully Bashers doing business as usual. Todd Petrey's recommendation of forming a "shawdow school government" with himself as top dog and "SEA & SCEA select respective representatives" seated on each side of Petrey's Palace throne. It is understood that the SEA select representative will most likely be the Union President, Scott Maney. Only ONE Springboro Board of Education Member will be allowed on Petrey's Palace throne; and one of the district goals will be to establish an environment of trust and transparency with community, staff, and the Springboro Board of Education.
Sounds like another attempt of our Springboro school superintendent to team up with "pro-union, anti children first" BOE member Don Miller, and the Springboro Teachers union to undermine the children first budgeting BOE majority.
The Baker/Lolli/Babblers have already made three failed attempts since the first of the year in their campaign against our newly elected board members "falsely accusing these good citizens of making decisions that "hurt our children."
It's a sad day in Boro to face reality; but IF the new school superintendent,Todd Petrey, pushes his new "Springboro Community Impact Team" into radical rule over us, Springboro families and taxpaying homeowners will be thrown right back into Baker's stinking barrel of rotting Boro Bad Apples.
Boro Bad Apple

Cincinnati, OH

#22336 Oct 11, 2012
Stay Alert 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Innocent Bystander? She is just ticked off that she was not hired and wants the district to pay.
Exactly what is she out that she hopes to recoup through a lawsuit? Even if you believe her story of what happened, she interviewed, was offered the job, and the offer was rescinded within a couple days. Happens all the time in the real world private sector.
Maybe she is hoping to bankrupt the schools so that her claims of gloom and doom from her levy campaigns come true.
What a loser and disgrace. Thank goodness that she was not hired. Her actions just prove that it would have been a bad hire.
You betcha the Baker/Lolli/Babblers/ and newly formed Petrey Gal Pals groups are hoping to prove that implementation of "Children First Budgeting" cannot be done without an operating levy on the ballot next year, in addition to the upcoming renewal levy.
Many common sense voters in our school district believe that IF our BOE elected officials hand over our school government rule to Todd Petrey and his SEA/Springboro Community Impact Team, that it will jut prove that our new superintendent is a bad hire.
Feeling sorry for you

Taylor, MI

#22337 Oct 11, 2012
Boro Bad Apple wrote:
<quoted text>
Baker's Best Batter is back in the position of school superintendent! Folks, better get on "board docs" and download Todd Petrey's recommendation to the Springboro Board of Education at the October 9th board meeting. We all need to invite our neighbors in to watch the TV broadcasts of the board meeting so that we stay alert to Mr. Petrey's attemps to hand our school district over to the same ole Baker Bully Bashers doing business as usual. Todd Petrey's recommendation of forming a "shawdow school government" with himself as top dog and "SEA & SCEA select respective representatives" seated on each side of Petrey's Palace throne. It is understood that the SEA select representative will most likely be the Union President, Scott Maney. Only ONE Springboro Board of Education Member will be allowed on Petrey's Palace throne; and one of the district goals will be to establish an environment of trust and transparency with community, staff, and the Springboro Board of Education.
Sounds like another attempt of our Springboro school superintendent to team up with "pro-union, anti children first" BOE member Don Miller, and the Springboro Teachers union to undermine the children first budgeting BOE majority.
The Baker/Lolli/Babblers have already made three failed attempts since the first of the year in their campaign against our newly elected board members "falsely accusing these good citizens of making decisions that "hurt our children."
It's a sad day in Boro to face reality; but IF the new school superintendent,Todd Petrey, pushes his new "Springboro Community Impact Team" into radical rule over us, Springboro families and taxpaying homeowners will be thrown right back into Baker's stinking barrel of rotting Boro Bad Apples.
So your telling us your not happy? Hahahahaha! Any situation could be picture perfect, but you would still find something to bitch about! I think someone needs medication.
Get Real

Cincinnati, OH

#22338 Oct 11, 2012
Feeling sorry for you wrote:
<quoted text>So your telling us your not happy? Hahahahaha! Any situation could be picture perfect, but you would still find something to bitch about! I think someone needs medication.
Petrey's Gal Pals "picture perfect?" Now that's a big Hehehehehe!
Really

Cincinnati, OH

#22339 Oct 11, 2012
Stay Alert 2 wrote:
<quoted text>
If lolli's quote is true, kohls broke the law and will be removed from the BOE.
Get Real

Cincinnati, OH

#22340 Oct 11, 2012
Really wrote:
"innoncent bystander?" more like "H..E double hockey sticks" hath no fury like a union activist scorned.
Down in the Boro

Cincinnati, OH

#22341 Oct 11, 2012
<quoted text>So your telling us your not happy? Hahahahaha! Any situation could be picture perfect, but you would still find something to bitch about! I think someone needs medication.
No Petrey-Pity Party and no Baker-Baker Babblers bitching for us folks down in the boro; No getting taken in by Todd Petrey's "Springboro Education Association's Radical School Rules for Our Childrens Future! Lolli/Malone/Maney/Babb/Anerso n/Miller already gave that their best shot on March 27th and their plan
failed.
Babies

Taylor, MI

#22342 Oct 11, 2012
I think they need their pacifier and a nap!
Boro Babies

Cincinnati, OH

#22343 Oct 11, 2012
Babies wrote:
<quoted text>I think they need their pacifier and a nap!
Weren't old man malone's youth union activists the treasures who were whining around SEA president Scott Maney that "they could not thrive without their one a day maloney of "have a nice day?"
Perhaps pacifiers and a nap will suffice these baby union activists when their maloney is gone?
No Band Aid 4 U

Cincinnati, OH

#22344 Oct 11, 2012
Hey Feeling Sorry for You, Cleveland...

Common Sense Voters in Springboro school district "need no medication!" We WIN elections the healty way doing what's right for our school children and community!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Man accused of stalking mom, masturbating in vi... Fri weaponX 6
News The Girl Scout murders revisited (Jun '07) Thu obieone 255
News Church offers free school supplies (Aug '09) Wed Nubui 104
News Students warned to prove Texas residence or leave (Sep '09) Wed Laredo 26
News Kids get bored after just ten days of the summe... Wed a_visitor 7
News Climate change will force today's kids to pay f... Jul 19 so much hot air 1
News Big plans for Newburgh schools, though NFA Nort... Jul 18 M-J_ Hernandez 2
More from around the web