Students On Board In 2-Bus Accident In Antioch

Sep 11, 2013 Full story: CBS Local 34

Two Antioch Upper Grade School school buses fully loaded with children to take home were involved in a collision with each other Tuesday.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
cantelope

Round Lake, IL

#22 Sep 19, 2013
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
It IS and issue. The law is the LAW, and the school BROKE THE LAW. Something should be done about that. You're an idiot.
Yeah jaywalking is against the LAW too. It was a MINOR ACCIDENT. Idiot.
Marvin

Chicago, IL

#23 Sep 19, 2013
concerned citizen wrote:
well in a state where seat belt,s are mandatory why is there not seat belts on school bus,s??
"well" because they are not:

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2010/rpt/2010-R-0055.ht... .

Try Googling for info none of us are your library.
Marvin

Chicago, IL

#24 Sep 19, 2013
cantelope wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah jaywalking is against the LAW too. It was a MINOR ACCIDENT. Idiot.
Never a better example of "don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up" . You cannot see any other viewpoints than you own, even those supported by law. You would rather use subjective judgment and assumptions rather than FACTS gathered at the scene. You do NOT know how fast the colliding bus was moving but claim that 3 MPH is no big deal At what point does it become a big deal? Sorry Mr or Mrs Fruit, your view of this issue is stupid and simplistic. Thank God you don't make the rules.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#25 Sep 19, 2013
Marvin wrote:
<quoted text>
Never a better example of "don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up" . You cannot see any other viewpoints than you own, even those supported by law. You would rather use subjective judgment and assumptions rather than FACTS gathered at the scene. You do NOT know how fast the colliding bus was moving but claim that 3 MPH is no big deal At what point does it become a big deal? Sorry Mr or Mrs Fruit, your view of this issue is stupid and simplistic. Thank God you don't make the rules.
Lol, I think someone needs to look in a mirror. The fruit is right. All this nonsense over a extremely minor accident.
cantelope

Round Lake, IL

#26 Sep 19, 2013
I find it interesting that the kids on the bus took this as it was, nothing, and can laugh about it. Its the so-called "adults" like Marvin that cant seem to grasp that fact. Thank God some people can use common sense and not have to look for a RULE or law. Yes Marvin, its that lump two feet above your ass, try to use it.
Logic Seeker

Chicago, IL

#27 Sep 22, 2013
cantelope wrote:
I find it interesting that the kids on the bus took this as it was, nothing, and can laugh about it. Its the so-called "adults" like Marvin that cant seem to grasp that fact. Thank God some people can use common sense and not have to look for a RULE or law. Yes Marvin, its that lump two feet above your ass, try to use it.
You must be a member of the Dist 34 Board or leadership team hoping that you can get this problem to go ahead
I am in favor of giving your arguments at least some kind of hearing, however. So let's start with this:
1. In your view, at what specific rate of speed does an accident move from "minor" to something more serious?
2 How is the rate of speed at impact accurately determined?
3. What percentage of people in an accident develop immediate symptoms, delayed symptoms, and no symptoms and how does this vary by rate of impact?
4. Should anyone with medical training ever be required to check on children who have been in an accident, and what are the triggering rates of speed and forces of impact, and how are they measured?
5. What is the best and most comprehensive method of protecting against monetary claims in the future that could impact all taxpayers, and what part of that defense process could be aided by objective on site evaluations made by qualified individuals on scene?
6. What are the best methods to insure that children are actually not injured or subject to delayed symptoms
7. At what point should subjective judgments about such incidents no linger be allowed, and how do you measure when that point has been reached?
cantelope

Round Lake, IL

#28 Sep 22, 2013
Logic Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
You must be a member of the Dist 34 Board or leadership team hoping that you can get this problem to go ahead
I am in favor of giving your arguments at least some kind of hearing, however. So let's start with this:
1. In your view, at what specific rate of speed does an accident move from "minor" to something more serious?
2 How is the rate of speed at impact accurately determined?
3. What percentage of people in an accident develop immediate symptoms, delayed symptoms, and no symptoms and how does this vary by rate of impact?
4. Should anyone with medical training ever be required to check on children who have been in an accident, and what are the triggering rates of speed and forces of impact, and how are they measured?
5. What is the best and most comprehensive method of protecting against monetary claims in the future that could impact all taxpayers, and what part of that defense process could be aided by objective on site evaluations made by qualified individuals on scene?
6. What are the best methods to insure that children are actually not injured or subject to delayed symptoms
7. At what point should subjective judgments about such incidents no linger be allowed, and how do you measure when that point has been reached?
Here is the answer to all of the above:
LOL, find something important to do with yourself, you obviously have too much time on your hands. You're obsessing over something that no one else is. Get over it. Move along. Find a hobby. Help the hungry or homeless or do something else meaningful.
Logic Seeker

Chicago, IL

#29 Sep 22, 2013
cantelope wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the answer to all of the above:
LOL, find something important to do with yourself, you obviously have too much time on your hands. You're obsessing over something that no one else is. Get over it. Move along. Find a hobby. Help the hungry or homeless or do something else meaningful.
No surprise. You have no logical answers and therefore must cover your trail with meaningless condescending comments. Thanks so much for the enlightenment. You are a waste of electricity. You started the discussion with your comments days ago but now want everyone to "move along" . Of course you do because at this point, your ineptitude is showing. Sad to see this level of inability to comprehend what makes sense. The law is on the right side on this one no matter how much you blather poorly thought out opinions. Logic wins. You lose. Go Bears
cantelope

Round Lake, IL

#30 Sep 23, 2013
Logic Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise. You have no logical answers and therefore must cover your trail with meaningless condescending comments. Thanks so much for the enlightenment. You are a waste of electricity. You started the discussion with your comments days ago but now want everyone to "move along" . Of course you do because at this point, your ineptitude is showing. Sad to see this level of inability to comprehend what makes sense. The law is on the right side on this one no matter how much you blather poorly thought out opinions. Logic wins. You lose. Go Bears
actually common sense wins! finally!
cantelope

Antioch, IL

#31 Sep 23, 2013
I had the last word! That proves I am right! I KNEW I was right! OH HAPPY DAY. Even though I am just so wrong I feel so right. Hoo Rah. Zippy de doo dah. Finally I win. I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN. Yeeehaaaaw! Bang zoooom! Too the moon Alice! Ahuck ahuck ahuck. Doo de do do. BOING!!!

From now on, SINCE I WON, I am making all the calls on what is an accident and what is not. God has granted me this omnipotence and I shall use it to rule over you and all things accident. Which is only right since I myself am personally a train wreck.

Yabbbaa dabbaaa dooo!
cantelope

Round Lake, IL

#32 Sep 23, 2013
cantelope wrote:
I had the last word! That proves I am right! I KNEW I was right! OH HAPPY DAY. Even though I am just so wrong I feel so right. Hoo Rah. Zippy de doo dah. Finally I win. I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN I WIN. Yeeehaaaaw! Bang zoooom! Too the moon Alice! Ahuck ahuck ahuck. Doo de do do. BOING!!!
From now on, SINCE I WON, I am making all the calls on what is an accident and what is not. God has granted me this omnipotence and I shall use it to rule over you and all things accident. Which is only right since I myself am personally a train wreck.
Yabbbaa dabbaaa dooo!
Ah, yes. Now here is someone who clearly understands logic and common sense! Yes, I want you to figure out for me what is really important in life!

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#33 Sep 23, 2013
cantelope wrote:
<quoted text>
actually common sense wins! finally!
Do you think so? I can't believe that we are still talking about this! You are right, some people have way too much time on their hands and just look for something to obsess over. Hopefully a real issue will come up and they can obsess over that! Maybe use all that intelligence they think they have for something that matters!

We can only hope....
abc

Chicago, IL

#34 Oct 18, 2013
Maybe all the parents who had to bring their children into the e.r. should send their doctor bills and diagnoses to the school board. Maybe then, some of you would understand the severity of the situation. There were children that suffered concussions from that accident.
Wup

Round Lake, IL

#35 Oct 19, 2013
abc wrote:
Maybe all the parents who had to bring their children into the e.r. should send their doctor bills and diagnoses to the school board. Maybe then, some of you would understand the severity of the situation. There were children that suffered concussions from that accident.
ha ha ha ha thats a good one
i think the only one with a concussion is you
no kids were hurt in this accident
the only people that are claiming this are looking for some free money as usual

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pregnant Alicia Keys Poses Nude to Draw Attenti... 2 hr Belle Sexton 6
Poll: Voters support legal path for immigrants 10 hr wild child 6
Free Fantage Accounts (for real!) (Jul '13) 12 hr non ya business 50
Summer activities begin new week at the library 14 hr end of summer 5
Police charge Niagara Falls man in Burlington f... 14 hr more 1
Read Comments 15 hr atari 1
Gangsters shot dead boy, 9, who had stormed out... 17 hr CZars_R_US 5
•••

Kids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE