Wade Center needs help to reach $81K ...

Wade Center needs help to reach $81K goal, 'Keep the Doors Open'

There are 29 comments on the Bluefield Daily Telegraph story from Sep 17, 2012, titled Wade Center needs help to reach $81K goal, 'Keep the Doors Open'. In it, Bluefield Daily Telegraph reports that:

With the clock ticking down, the campaign to "Keep the Doors Open" at the Wade Center is more than halfway to its fundraising goal of $81,000. Jessica McDaniel, executive director of the Wade Center, said the center has half the month left in its fundraising campaign.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Bluefield Daily Telegraph.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
brit

Huntington, WV

#22 Sep 25, 2012
man, the wade center is only place that even tries for kids in ur area. this is typical bluefield.. you dont care if your kids got a good place to go. all yall care bout is gtn high... hel if ya help the wade center youu may not have nuff money to buy your crack with.
I KNOW

Princeton, WV

#23 Sep 25, 2012
The FREERIDING in this town needs to cease-close the doors and let it die- should have never been started...a church started then DUMPED it on the townspeople.....YOU CHURCHES-either take it on as an intercity mission and support if if you so care (which-your caring I doubted from day1)or let it die as it should have long long ago!
wade parent

Charleston, WV

#24 Sep 25, 2012
I KNOW wrote:
The FREERIDING in this town needs to cease-close the doors and let it die- should have never been started...a church started then DUMPED it on the townspeople.....YOU CHURCHES-either take it on as an intercity mission and support if if you so care (which-your caring I doubted from day1)or let it die as it should have long long ago!
Here is an idea if you don't like the center don't donate to it. The taxpayers are not supporting it, they are looking for donations to help keep kids either because the parents can't afford a sitter (there is mountain heart however) or they need rid of the kids to turn a trick or get high or whatever. I don't understand why you are so upset about this, unless you are trying to corrupt kids. I arrived at that conclusion as because Wade feeds and trys to educate kids, and keeps some off the streets, so if you are wanted stupid hungry kids on the street then there must be a reason, would say you are trying to give them a legitamate job, but then there are plenty of others that could take a real job, so it must be illegal thus corrupting kids.(I highly doubt that is what you are doing, but you are posting from Welch so who knows right?)
Joe

Springfield, NJ

#25 Sep 25, 2012
Freeloader
I KNOW

Princeton, WV

#26 Sep 27, 2012
Close it and quit trying to justify and prop up that mess.Should never have been started and it is THAT churches responsibility if it thinks it is so needed not MOOCHING THE BLUEFIELD PEOPLE time after time.
Joe

Princeton, WV

#27 Sep 27, 2012
Amen. If the freeloaders want a place then let them get a job and pay for it. Or let the bleeding hearts pay since they think it is needed.
I KNOW

Princeton, WV

#28 Sep 27, 2012
AMEN.This is so so true.
I KNOW

Princeton, WV

#29 Sep 27, 2012
Joe wrote:
Amen. If the freeloaders want a place then let them get a job and pay for it. Or let the bleeding hearts pay since they think it is needed.
TRUER WORDS WERE NEVER SPOKEN the entire world and the entire life is not a free ride and an entitlement,it is not "someone else provide for all my needs and wants"-and that is all this is with regular and constant bailout campaigns and bumming and begging the people of the community that are trying to work and trying to pay their living expenses and provide for themselves-this is a total waste of any resources and I agree if they want to recreate and all else that amounts to GET SOMETHING CALLED A JOB and PAY FOR IT.
I KNOW

Princeton, WV

#30 Sep 27, 2012
OR let the "bleeding hearts"and that "church "that started it keep it up and pay for it since they seem to feel it is needed or necessary.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LGBTQ advocates turn Victoria SOGI protest into... 17 hr Gremlin 4
News Halton Region invests over $2M for community pr... Tue Food 4 Life eh 1
News 'So many other Tinas out there:' Caregiver call... Mon CTNelson 7
News First-grader channels her civil rights heroes a... Mon sesostrus 1
News Gay teacher says coworkers told him to 'find a ... Mon Tiny Emolument Hands 2
News Jim Carrey apologizes for using photos kids' ph... (Jul '15) Sun C Kersey 2
News Intelligent Design's One Valid Scientific Point Apr 22 Davidjayjordan 98