No new kids at Hope Youth Ranch for now

No new kids at Hope Youth Ranch for now

There are 3 comments on the KLFY-TV Lafayette story from Nov 6, 2008, titled No new kids at Hope Youth Ranch for now. In it, KLFY-TV Lafayette reports that:

The Department of Social Services has stopped putting children in state custody in 2 of its group homes in north Louisiana: Hope Youth Ranch in Minden and Christian Acres in Tallulah.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KLFY-TV Lafayette.

Jack

Clovis, NM

#1 Nov 26, 2008
This place called Hope Youth Ranch should have been shut down years ago.Kids have been being neglected for years. The Ranch has been hiring convicted felons and kids right out of high school to oversee these troubled youth.The Ranch does not and can not keep enough GOOD staff that cares about these TROUBLED kids. The Ranch should have hired people who had experience dealing with kids. A FACT,the doors to the Ranch should have been CLOSED.
Trameka Brown

Lafayette, LA

#2 Oct 2, 2012
Christian Acres should have been shut down years ago too. They employ drug addicts, alcoholics, and people who don't have enough experience working with kids. It looks like a garbage dump.
Eric weeks

Houston, TX

#3 Thursday Aug 20
I lived there for many years and can tell you first hand it was horrible...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Solida tells officers he shot his wife 34 min dhejsusu 1
News Manitoba First Nations advocate says family ser... 1 hr Tip - The BellHop 2
News Why Are Migrants Surging Into Europe Now? 1 hr truth 1
News Why dads need to talk about sex 6 hr tom 3
News To close Twin Cities achievement gap: better tr... 8 hr Goose 4
News Family friendly: Magic and marine biology 10 hr Aqua farts 2
moviestarplanet free account! (Jul '13) 11 hr miss Msp 340
More from around the web