Your Kids Are Already Playing With Yo...

Your Kids Are Already Playing With Your Guns

There are 8 comments on the Mediaite.com story from May 7, 2013, titled Your Kids Are Already Playing With Your Guns. In it, Mediaite.com reports that:

The recent shooting death of two year-old Caroline Sparks has focused attention on the issue of children's access to guns, but as it happens, Caroline's accidental shooting by her 5 year-old brother is far from an isolated incident.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mediaite.com.

Roice

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1 May 7, 2013
I own 13 firearms and am certain my children aren't playing with them since I have 0 children. You people are wrong yet again.
Thank

Huntsville, AL

#2 May 7, 2013
Roice wrote:
I own 13 firearms and am certain my children aren't playing with them since I have 0 children.
God!
Roice

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#3 May 7, 2013
Yes my child?....
Molon Labe

Hayes, VA

#4 May 9, 2013
I have a 14 year old boy and he understands firearm safety since we have practiced it, again and again, starting with BB rifles and pellet guns, since he was 8 years old. Only stupid people don't teach firearms safety when they have firearms. He knows, EVERY GUN IS LOADED even if it isn't. No problems that way.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#5 May 9, 2013
RULE#1.... All guns are loaded and to be handled in a safe manner not to be touched unless you have permission....
Rule#2.... See Rule #1 and enforce the point with a good swift kick in the seat of the pants if anyone violates it.
Rule#3..... See previous 2 rules & repeat as needed to remind anyone in your home.
Roice

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#6 May 9, 2013
You had me on rule 2!!! Ouch.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#7 May 11, 2013
Have Seen It Before wrote:
RULE#1.... All guns are loaded and to be handled in a safe manner not to be touched unless you have permission.....
Two thirds of boys- after being instructed to not touch guns- in one study handled guns; of them, one out of three pulled the trigger.

Persons- parents, typically- who leave guns to be found by children as above need to be arrested for criminally negligent homicide, i.e., 2nd degree murder.

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#8 May 11, 2013
Molon Labe wrote:
I have a 14 year old boy and he understands firearm safety since we have practiced it, again and again, starting with BB rifles and pellet guns, since he was 8 years old..
(quote)

Corsicana police say a 2-year-old boy has died after accidentally shooting himself in the head.

Police said Kinsler Davis found his father's handgun and fired it while his father was looking in a closet in the same bedroom.

The father called 911 around 8:46 p.m. Wednesday to report the shooting. The boy was transported initially to Navarro Regional Hospital, then moved to Children's Medical Center in Dallas by air ambulance.

The Dallas County Medical Examiner's office contacted Corsicana police after 11 p.m. Wednesday to inform them the child had died.

Officers said the shooting is being ruled an accident.

“We never thought it would be so close to home. Just a tragic deal. We’ll be praying for the family,” says neighbor Rickie Holmes. Holmes is heartbroken by the death of his young neighbor and devastated to know it could have been prevented.

Police say Kinsler Davis’s dad thought his handgun had been put away in the bedroom, still there was not any sort of safety lock on the trigger. It went off, shooting the child in the head.

“Childs don’t have any understanding. Getting a gun, it’s just a bad deal,” says Holmes.

Davis’ next-door neighbor tells NBC 5 that Kinsler’s dad used to be a store firearms manager and had a gun because the home had been broken into. He says recently, Kinsler has been in a phase of getting into everything.

++

A store firearms manager: thoroughly familiar with gun safety.

And you think a fourteen year old will do better?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russia jails a decorated space engineer for sev... 5 hr Squirtzzz2572 3
moviestarplanet free account! (Jul '13) 15 hr sa9odod 638
Fantage Members Passwords (Aug '11) 16 hr KawaiiDonut 2,123
News Dr. Spurgeon Banyard interviews with BOE (May '10) Fri Student At Parker 219
News Reevely: Wynne kicks off unofficial Ottawa-Vani... Fri JUSTIN TRUDEAU WINS 1
Hack Fri Happy237 1
News Brangelina split: What we know and don't know Fri Zelina 1
More from around the web