Texas Prof Still Supports His Flawed Gay Parenting Study

Nov 2, 2012 Full story: EDGE 15

A University of Texas sociology professor who is behind a controversial study about gay parenting admitted to an anti-gay organization that his findings are flawed, the Dallas Voice reports.

Full Story

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#1 Nov 2, 2012
It isn't just his "findings" that are flawed.

He starts with a false definition as criterion for inclusion in the sample group.

It goes down quickly from there on.

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

#2 Nov 2, 2012
"I said ’lesbian mothers’ and ’gay fathers,’ when in fact, I don’t know about their sexual orientation; I do know about their same-sex relationship behavior." he said. "But as far as the findings themselves, I stand behind them."

This guy is priceless. "I really haven't got any idea as to what I actually found now and I can no longer even fake a f*cking clue as to knowing who in the heck I actually found it out about, but by golly, I stand behind whatever in the hell it was I did find and it just has to be about somebody."

This man's karma has to be due in soon.
4 More Days

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Nov 2, 2012
How exactly do you purport to 'prove' a study of this nature factual, provable, repeatable, predictable, from which to draw data?

this one

#4 Nov 2, 2012
4 More Days wrote:
How exactly do you purport to 'prove' a study of this nature factual, provable, repeatable, predictable, from which to draw data?
A study should at least be defensible, if not immediately provable. His "study group" was based on two distinctions, that they be children of divorce and one or both of your parents had had a same sex "relationship" at some point during your childhood. These people he called the children of "Gay fathers" and "Lesbian mothers" for purposes of identification and really bad propaganda. One among many of the completely indefensible problems with this study.

“visit HudsonDildoEmpor ium.com”

Since: Sep 12

Location hidden

#5 Nov 2, 2012
snyper wrote:
It isn't just his "findings" that are flawed.
He starts with a false definition as criterion for inclusion in the sample group.
It goes down quickly from there on.
He's found a way to get a valid conclusion out of flawed data? Genius.
Horris

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Nov 2, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>A study should at least be defensible, if not immediately provable. His "study group" was based on two distinctions, that they be children of divorce and one or both of your parents had had a same sex "relationship" at some point during your childhood. These people he called the children of "Gay fathers" and "Lesbian mothers" for purposes of identification and really bad propaganda. One among many of the completely indefensible problems with this study.
So you don't have any evidence, just quotation marks and invective.

Thanks for sharing.

Location hidden

#7 Nov 2, 2012
Horris wrote:
Evidence of WHAT? Regnerus publicly admitted his data was FLAWED.

And as any kid in a high school statistics class knows you can't extrapolate a correct conclusion from FALSE data.

http://www.advocate.com/politics/marriage-equ...

http://www.queerty.com/regnurus-admits-erorrs...

http://www.autostraddle.com/regnerus-family-s...

this one

#8 Nov 2, 2012
Horris wrote:
Thanks for sharing.
Sweetie, he says himself that he never should have called his study groups "Gay fathers" and "Lesbian mothers", because with his flaky ass definition of what made 'em "gay" enough to be studied, he couldn't really swear that he actually found any. He compared children from intact homes to a group which only had one thing in common, they were from broken homes, his contention that they also happened to have been "raised" by a "gay parent" proved to be a whole lot of fibbing. This has been known as long as he's been flogging this already dead horse.
RDG7986

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Nov 2, 2012
Rick in Kansas wrote:
<quoted text>A study should at least be defensible, if not immediately provable. His "study group" was based on two distinctions, that they be children of divorce and one or both of your parents had had a same sex "relationship" at some point during your childhood. These people he called the children of "Gay fathers" and "Lesbian mothers" for purposes of identification and really bad propaganda. One among many of the completely indefensible problems with this study.
In sum, keep queers away from kids.
Thanks for sharing!

this one

#10 Nov 2, 2012
RDG7986 wrote:
In sum, keep queers away from kids.
Thanks for sharing!
http://www.lgbttherapists.org/

Location hidden

#11 Nov 2, 2012
Laquesha Jefferson PhD wrote:
<quoted text>
He's found a way to get a valid conclusion out of flawed data? Genius.
Welcome to academia below the bible belt.
Donate2NOM

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Nov 3, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Not a bad turn of phrase.
LMFAO, it gets funnier the more you read it.
Disagree with the gist, but appreciate the humor.

Location hidden

#14 Nov 7, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in Texas and assure you that not everyone in the state is an idiot.

Location hidden

#15 Nov 7, 2012
Laquesha Jefferson PhD wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in Texas and assure you that not everyone in the state is an idiot.
Just those at Univ of Texas?(jk)

Location hidden

#16 Dec 7, 2012
snyper wrote:
<quoted text>
Just those at Univ of Texas?
I live here but (thankfully) I wasn't educated here.

http://www.texasobserver.org/at-universities-...

http://abovethelaw.com/2011/12/university-of-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Court bars kids from Jehovah's Witness activities 2 min kjw51 29
3 reasons Grand Rapids-area Muslims want to ope... 1 hr Ravenclaw 20
Single mom, 5 kids homeless after fire 7 hr hardhead 2
For Once the Anti-Vaxxers Aren't (Entirely) to ... 7 hr New mom 5
4 mothers share pain of losing sons 10 hr Calvin Ralls 7
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 10 hr Broken Record 31,499
Japan and others gain from Jamaican brain drain 10 hr SHlTWORMDAEGUDEBD... 2
More from around the web