Sites offer kids free lunch at parks

There's no free lunch in life. Or is there? This summer, youth have access to free lunch available at parks, schools and community centers around the county. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
stir the pot

Tularosa, NM

#49 Jun 15, 2011
SamIAm wrote:
<quoted text>
..soon...more and more people will share this common ideal once the dollar devaluation kicks in...and others will still believe that their taxes pay for these programs
It has nothing to do with who or what pays for the programs.
The Bible tells us to feed the poor....that's good enough for me.
If it angers you just to hear about kids given free lunch, then I really pity you because of your mean spirited outlook on life.
SamIAm

Houston, TX

#50 Jun 15, 2011
stir the pot wrote:
<quoted text>
If it angers you just to hear about kids given free lunch, then I really pity you because of your mean spirited outlook on life.
i have faith in providing for those whom i have already helped....im tired of these "zombies" who dont think that these programs help...they complain that their taxes pay for them...it DOESNT anger me...what angers me...is that the money changers have people believing they own their money...and think it belongs to them...i have pity on myself for not actually giving out the free lunch myself....so dont judge me....read the thread a lot closer...and u may see the mean spirit that i am...
SamIAm

Houston, TX

#51 Jun 15, 2011
stir the pot wrote:
<quoted text>
...i can do nothing more than i can do for myself than what others can do for themselves...although it is within a good spirit to seeks those in need...i expect the same from my fellow mankind...
bleh

Albuquerque, NM

#52 Jun 15, 2011
oatmeal wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if you are paying for the meal , you are depriving a needy child of a lunch if they run out.@-hole
But it's better than them throwing the leftovers away OR giving it to the lunch preparers! I should know I used to "volunteer" for the free lunch program as a preparer. So I care :) AND THAT'S what happens when not all the food is given to the children...
losing it

Willcox, AZ

#53 Jul 15, 2011
stir the pot wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what the Bible says about feeding the poor, but I don't think God ment for the poor to take advantage. It is not the childs fault, But the parent who is not shopping right. These programs are feeding these kids Doritos, and chips etc... Pre-Packaged food, that cost the taxayers a lot of money. What is wrong with peanut butter? if the child is that hungry he will eat it, but I don't see any starving children or adults in the U.S. I would feed anyone that is hungry, even illegal immigrants, but there is to much Cheating the System in this country.
momof specialneeds

Albuquerque, NM

#54 May 29, 2012
As far as who loses pounds in school goes, my son also lost pls while in school but he did eat the school lunchs, it was a matter of getting active after school, not sitting on his butt watching tv and playing video games. thats more the problem these days with our kids is the entertainment aside from people taking their kids to mcdonalds and any other fast food place for dinner and lunch most days instead of actually cooking at home.......
Who loses 40lbs in school, try taking a look at what the child does when not in school and what the parent feeds the child for dinner and see if you still blame it on the school lunch program!!!! come on people really. there are families out there like my self where one parent had to quit their job tpo stay home with a child who has special needs(my youngest boy), who live off one income and it barelly covers the bills and the goverment hand outs as you call them for lazy people give more money to all these illegal aleins per say, then to the actual Americans. I pay my taxes just as the rest of you do, but dont be so quick to judge a family for going to a free lunch program because some families actually need it and arent just being "lazy".
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#55 May 30, 2012
This is a wonderful program. I am more than happy to know my tax dollars are being spent to feed little people who otherwise wouldn't get daily nutrition. I can't think of more worthy recipients. Our children. America's children. That's one of the many things that make this country great...the greatest. How can you possibly hope to mandate what these little people will or will not eat? They'll eat what they enjoy...thank goodness they have that choice. To our little ones....have a fantastic summer...stay healthy and above all, be what you are...our legacy.
Mellow Mama

Farmington, NM

#56 May 29, 2013
Seamless Summer Lunch Program 2013

http://district.fms.k12.nm.us/...
Kat

United States

#57 Jun 9, 2013
I say to all the people on here complaining about feeding chilren, you should be ashamed! It is never a childs fault when they need help. If the parents are as you say, lazy, on wefare etc. the children are not to blame. Also, if you have never needed these services, then you are truely blessed. You should not judge since you dont know what their situation truly is. I have worked with a childrens shelter for many years and have personally seen the need of our chidren and families in our comunity. These are our neighbors and friends. Have some compassion, it will come back to you.
Why Dat

Farmington, NM

#58 Jun 13, 2013
Someone needs to wake Cary N. up.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#59 Jun 13, 2013
George W's Patriot Act is showing its potential more all the time; hence the government's violation of millions and millions of Verizon customers' privacy rights. CLN might have difficulty justifying George on that one.
Why Dat wrote:
Someone needs to wake Cary N. up.
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#60 Jun 13, 2013
x-and-o wrote:
George W's Patriot Act is showing its potential more all the time; hence the government's violation of millions and millions of Verizon customers' privacy rights. CLN might have difficulty justifying George on that one.
<quoted text>
And your point? How does that have anything to do with feeding hungry children? Find a hole...fill it. Kinda refreshing. Like hungry children. Only, you've not found your 'hole'....don't think Bush or verizon has any impact on lunches at local parks this summer...what drugs are these people on? Good grief! Feeding United States citizens a square meal for a day, for a week, for the summer? How does this have anything to do with politics? Privacy rights? Hmmmm.....feed the children...give up your privacy........I see the connection....NOT
Heathen Lamanite

Mesa, AZ

#61 Jun 14, 2013
whammer jammer wrote:
This is a wonderful program. I am more than happy to know my tax dollars are being spent to feed little people who otherwise wouldn't get daily nutrition. So long as they ain't dirty, non-taxpayin, heathen lamanites from south of the river! Jesus shares my hatred of those dirty lamanites.
wow! what hatred!

“"Hold the Rope"”

Since: Mar 12

Kirtland New Mexico

#62 Jun 17, 2013
Heathen Lamanite wrote:
<quoted text>
wow! what hatred!
You are right heathen. My lesser protege, does get his panties in a bunch trying to get his point across. But he still is right.
Pathetic

Albuquerque, NM

#63 Jun 17, 2013
Heathen Lamanite wrote:
<quoted text>
wow! what hatred!
Twisted opines? Do you actually believe this is the message? How they twisted this is a mystery to me, but I read and re-read the blogs. No where did I see this 'blog'. Perfect deception. Performed by pathetic individuals who've nothing better to do. To deny/provide a free lunch to children who otherwise wouldn't have a nutritious meal? You decide how best your tax dollars are spent.
Kat

United States

#64 Jun 17, 2013
Its very hard for me to comprehend such predjudice in this day an age. Once again, we have someone causing the problem instead of being part of the solution. Hear what people are saying, it doesnt matter race or color, we are saying ALL children deserve to eat!
Pathetic

Albuquerque, NM

#65 Jun 17, 2013
Kat wrote:
Its very hard for me to comprehend such predjudice in this day an age. Once again, we have someone causing the problem instead of being part of the solution. Hear what people are saying, it doesnt matter race or color, we are saying ALL children deserve to eat!
Of course they do!
It is what it is

Aztec, NM

#66 Jun 27, 2013
I know families that are perfectly able to feed their children and take them every day for free lunches. I guess that does free up money for their expensive hobbies...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sex instruction book aimed at toddlers (May '09) 2 hr Earl 5
Detroit Public School To Suspend Kids If Parent... 2 hr Meanie 7
how to hack person on moviestarplanet get there... (Jun '13) 6 hr Diva girl 364
Sparking kids' creativity and involving STEM 10 hr rafaba 1
Financial Literacy: 'MoneyIsland' teaches Stear... 10 hr Praxis33 3
Trash TV spawns sad breed of brat pack (May '13) 10 hr PDX Dave 3
Woman charged in sex assaults of 3 Big Isle kids (Sep '08) 11 hr Joe Balls 86
More from around the web