Sites offer kids free lunch at parks

Full story: Farmington Daily Times

There's no free lunch in life. Or is there? This summer, youth have access to free lunch available at parks, schools and community centers around the county.
Comments
1 - 20 of 58 Comments Last updated Jun 27, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
waitaminute

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

Something to think about all you tax payers....

Say each lunch is $5.00, for 1700 kids, thats $8500.00 per day, not including gas and insurance and the hourly cost of the employees who bring the kids their "FREE LUNCH".

Free lunch?

I don't think so.
NM Mom

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

Free lunch my rear end!!! I pay for that lunch and every other tax payer! Why are we buying lunch for kids because lazy worthless parents don't want to feed their own kids? That's whats wrong with our country all the do gooders think they should take care of other people's kids so parents get used to the handouts and expect everyone else to do it for them. That's why our country is going broke because of all the freeloaders.
old lady

Las Cruces, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

Ever hear of soup kitchens? Providing free meals in times of economic hard times is nothing new.
I don't think they went far enough---they should provide meals for hungry adults as well.

Don't forget, feeding the hungry has been considered a duty since Biblical times.

And before you slam me with inappropriate replies, I have paid my share of taxes and I wouldn't take advantage of the free meals...leave those to the ones who really need it.
free ride

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

old lady wrote:
Ever hear of soup kitchens? Providing free meals in times of economic hard times is nothing new.
I don't think they went far enough---they should provide meals for hungry adults as well.
Don't forget, feeding the hungry has been considered a duty since Biblical times.
And before you slam me with inappropriate replies, I have paid my share of taxes and I wouldn't take advantage of the free meals...leave those to the ones who really need it.
This has nothing to do with the poor and the hungry. I believe you would find that some of these parents are probably well off, just too lazy to get their kids a meal themselves.
They will just let their government nanny feed them, thus feeding the entitlement mentality among these people. Heck it's free, no one has to pay for it. If they are the truly 'needy', not the obese lazy welfare moochers, then the odds that they get food stamps and government money handouts as well. Just more pigs at the government trough because it's 'free'. One day, probably sooner than you think. The taxpayer base will shrink so low, and the chinks will stop buying our debts and demand their money back. Then, when the trough runs dry and these moochers actually have to feed their kids themselves. Oh, the outcry from the 'entitled' will be so great. These 'have nots' will become the weeping poor etheopian looking malnourished as the government cheese runs out. This avenue is just teaching the next generation that they do not have to work to eat. Nanny govt will give them that free ride.
lazy parent not

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

every family should eat free lunch, yes we pay for it through taxes, but it is good to know that our tax money is doing good and not just given to the illegal immigrates to prarade aroung in you rides. Plus it gets kids out of the house, and away from tvs and games and into to parks. It also puts parks to use, again tax money at work. And last who would't want to spend an afternoon at the park with there kids eating a healthly lunch, instead of fatty fast food.
Native Mom

Little Rock, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

Free lunch I don't think so! we as tax payers are paying for this FREE lunch!
free lunch

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

We pay for everything else, all the government payroll, navajo nation vacations ect,why not free lunch for kids
SamIAm

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

...who knew my tax dollars went to pay for hungry people...pay for unjustified wars in sovereign countries...creating and bombing straw men...stasi police operations....illegal gun sales to drug cartels by our own atf...public elected officials meeting in secrecy in Switzerland...funding al qaeda backed resistance groups...bailing out private corporations...and to say the least...other countries. after all..im sure this group of yet still drinks the "kool-aid"..believes there no double dip recession...or depression...believes we never added cement to milk being fed to children... syphilis experiments in Guatemala...believes that we one had r national debt paid off..believes that the federal reserve and its federal reserve notes r united states issuance of currency...or its counter-partner..the IRS...has anything associated to the taxes we all pay...or belongs to any governmental branch...less to say its a possibility they r private entities...better to spend $5 on productive lunches than a $500 hammer used for God knows what...country rebuilding?
healthy

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

lazy parent not wrote:
every family should eat free lunch, yes we pay for it through taxes, but it is good to know that our tax money is doing good and not just given to the illegal immigrates to prarade aroung in you rides. Plus it gets kids out of the house, and away from tvs and games and into to parks. It also puts parks to use, again tax money at work. And last who would't want to spend an afternoon at the park with there kids eating a healthly lunch, instead of fatty fast food.
I am assuming you have never ate any free gubbmint cheeze, healthy, non-fatty my patootie. School lunches are the worst, I ended up making my kids brown bag it last year, the one who ate the school pizza, enchiladas etc lost 40 lbs. The gubbmint is not your friend, look at MO's thighs for an example of free taxpayer food results, and thats ftrom arugula and lobster.
fer real

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

My mom was a single mother of 3, my 'sperm donor' never gave her a penny in child support, she divorced him after years of physical abuse, she worked 3 jobs and was never home. We were BEYOND poor. This is a great program for kids in the same situation, wish it was around when I was a kid, it would have eased mom's mind a bit. For those of you complaining about your tax dollars: get over it, your the same people who gripe about the crappy roads then gripe about construction. Walk a mile in someone else's shoes.
free lunch

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

healthy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am assuming you have never ate any free gubbmint cheeze, healthy, non-fatty my patootie. School lunches are the worst, I ended up making my kids brown bag it last year, the one who ate the school pizza, enchiladas etc lost 40 lbs. The gubbmint is not your friend, look at MO's thighs for an example of free taxpayer food results, and thats ftrom arugula and lobster.
Who loses 40lbs in school.
free lunch

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

people need to appreciate help, even if it is free lunch, every little bit help in this economy. Plus you get playtime with you kids at the park, or is that being take out of our taxes too. Plus i either be at the park playing with my kids rather than at home watching tv with them. And about lazy parents i think the parent that are lazy are the ones not taking there kids to the park for free lunch, not the parent that are getting there kids ready, loading them in there van, car, truck, driving a few miles to the park, getting them out of the car, eating lunch with them then playing at the park with them. And what about the parent that walk to the park. Hummmm.......
SO WHO IS LAZIER???
SamIAm

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

fer real wrote:
My mom was a single mother of 3, my 'sperm donor' never gave her a penny in child support, she divorced him after years of physical abuse, she worked 3 jobs and was never home. We were BEYOND poor. This is a great program for kids in the same situation, wish it was around when I was a kid, it would have eased mom's mind a bit. For those of you complaining about your tax dollars: get over it, your the same people who gripe about the crappy roads then gripe about construction. Walk a mile in someone else's shoes.
...dont get me wrong....im all for the program...nothing like feeding our own...
crybaby

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

These are the programs that waste money. Tax dollars need to be spent more wisely, not in grants that are wasteful. Parents need to be more responsible and start providing for their children not finding another federal babysitter or freebee.
crybaby

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

Yup your maom made many poor choices Now everyone else has to pay sorry you need to walk in your own shoes. Life is what you makie of it stop griping your self she is in line for all the other freebees such as food stamps cook the kids a meal take them to the park. You don't need a free meal to make you walk to the park and play with your kids.
fer real wrote:
crybaby

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Eat one of the lunches the cost is closer to $1.25 so your math would be 1.25*1700=2125
still a large sum of money. plus all the other mentioned expenses, but who cares this is exactly why we are in this mess Government doesn't think before it acts. Let all these people donate thi8s money to the national debt as part of their share payment.
waitaminute wrote:
Something to think about all you tax payers....
Say each lunch is $5.00, for 1700 kids, thats $8500.00 per day, not including gas and insurance and the hourly cost of the employees who bring the kids their "FREE LUNCH".
Free lunch?
I don't think so.
SamIAm

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

crybaby wrote:
Eat one of the lunches the cost is closer to $1.25 so your math would be 1.25*1700=2125
still a large sum of money. plus all the other mentioned expenses, but who cares this is exactly why we are in this mess Government doesn't think before it acts. Let all these people donate thi8s money to the national debt as part of their share payment.
<quoted text>
..the debt where trillions r being spent on unjustified or unconstitutional wars...or the current debt not subject to the debt ceiling, which is now 14.43 trillion...r gdp is at 14.75 trillion...that leaves a margin of about 320 billion...unfunded liabilities is at 114 trillion...there r 45 million families that r food stamp recipients...thats roughly 7% of the population of the us... we r breaking the debt ceiling...which is unconstitutional...now we r reaching the point where we can no longer pay the interest on r debt...meaning instead of these kids having something to live for...they may be subject to donate their lives to work...and not working to live like the any previous generation...
dapoleesh

Tucson, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Their are greater tragedies in the world than a few tax dollars going to feed hungry children. Why doesnt everyone who posts on this story.....rant about why Rich Republicans need more tax breaks!
Mo Hawk

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Judged:

I would say 'end' Foreign Aid, but then what do I know.

Anytime you can feed a child, an old person, or someone who truly needs it, God bless you.

You're Congressman spends more than this in a day on "nothing".....
here

Farmington, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2011

Man people complain but yet they can not complain to the right people. If you do not like how the goverment is spending money write to them or start a patition to stop the free lunch.Just remember the kids that you complain about will be the ones who well be taking over the US debt when they get older.

Go to a free lunch site, talk to the kids who go there. Many will tell you their parents are hard working TAXPAYERS just like you. I do have a problem with illegal immigrats of all nationality taking advatage of the assistants, free lunches and other programs. That should be for the citizens of the US.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

54 Users are viewing the Kids Forum right now

Search the Kids Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Santa Cruz police offer Slurpees for conscienti... 13 min Dangerous Teacher Buzz 6
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 15 min Excuse Me 31,141
Obama, Emanuel Need to Put Chicago's Kids First 43 min truth-facts 3
Lubbock man says he was fired for being gay; la... 1 hr Latter Day Taints 230
Moviestarplanet passwords (Jan '12) 1 hr cece 2,925
Guest column: Anti-vaccination movement threate... 1 hr friend 13
Fantage Members Passwords (Aug '11) 2 hr makenzie 1,911
•••
•••