Marlowe a middle school person through and through

Apr 15, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Advocate Online

Being a good communicator is a skill that can help you open any door, according to Danville native Beth Marlowe, who, among many other things, teaches middle schoolers just that.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Star

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

She is a teacher with no education. Wow I thought you had to have a college degree to do what she's doing. So I researched some of the other teams. You should too. I found interesting things. I also researched other schools with her position and found lots of degrees. Where's Beth's?
confused

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Star wrote:
She is a teacher with no education. Wow I thought you had to have a college degree to do what she's doing. So I researched some of the other teams. You should too. I found interesting things. I also researched other schools with her position and found lots of degrees. Where's Beth's?
She has NO degree?
Buddy

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2013

Not one required for teaching. I'm not sure if she even ever finished her associates?
blake

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

Really Carmen Colmen allows anyone that's stuck up her butt to do anything in the Danville schools.
if this woman really has no degree I want an answer!
helpful

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 21, 2013

blake wrote:
Really Carmen Colmen allows anyone that's stuck up her butt to do anything in the Danville schools.
if this woman really has no degree I want an answer!
The danville school system is a JOKE. I went to a great college and had to catch up when in theory all my AP classes were supposed to prepare me... Yeah right. My children will never go to DHS or bate.
sos

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Danville is hiring teachers with no degrees? I hear the boys basketball coach isn't a real coach either is all thus true? This school system is scary. I am lost with what I should do with my child after elementary. We in Danville need some serious leadership. This is nuts.
Do your homework

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Judged:

Sounds like all of you are on the side of the disgruntled Beacon director. Don't take itout on Marlow. There isn't a better role model in our schools than Beth Marlow. She is an exceptional person and inspiring instructor.
uh huh

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Do your homework wrote:
Sounds like all of you are on the side of the disgruntled Beacon director. Don't take itout on Marlow. There isn't a better role model in our schools than Beth Marlow. She is an exceptional person and inspiring instructor.
Yeah that's great giving jobs to under qualified people rather than someone who HAS A DEGREE! I worked my behind off to get mine and I'm sorry, but if you're shaping young minds I expect you to have worked just as hard for yours. It's a disgrace, the danville school system is joke! And it has only gotten to be more and more pathetic throughout the years. A diploma from DHS is a piece of toilet tissue in my opinion.
Well

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 22, 2013

Didn't know kristy was disgruntled. I'm not on anyone's side I just want her to tell her qualifications before I go up there and show my tail. She does speech therapy? Man maybe they can hire me as their physical therapist. My degree is in social science but I'm taking a guess that it doesn't matter what my degree is in? Better yet ill just hop on over to the hospital and tell them I'm a doctor! Ill be cutting you open in a day! Shew thank God Carmen Coleman doesn't run the hospital! She's deffinitley not going near my children.
sos

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2013

They don't mean Kristy the new lady they mean Sharon Faul. The one with a law suit and a couple degrees. The one that put her heart and soul into that school and is now a ta for a elementary class. I'm guessing it was her punishment for not being a team member. That's if your on the crooked team for Dr. Coleman. No one in danville district has a safe job. Look at what they did to Mrs Using and others. Then they screw coach Perry out of a head coach position when he is more qualified than this guy they have now? What the Hell is going on?
Research

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Beth Marlowe is better than any teacher with a degree and look it up you don't need a degree to teach forinsics it just talkin
amused

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Judged:

Research wrote:
Beth Marlowe is better than any teacher with a degree and look it up you don't need a degree to teach forinsics it just talkin
I love this quote, "forinsics [forensics] it just talkin [talking]." Here's your sign!! LOL!!!!!
people these days

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Research wrote:
Really darling, FINISH high school before you weigh in. You are part of the problem
Poppppa

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 8, 2013

Research wrote:
Really? I thought she was a speech therapist at bate as well.... No degree needed there either????? Now wonder your students talk and spell this way hell you can't be a teacher without a degree! DANVILLE SCHOOLS NEED TO GET A GRIP ON REALITY!!!! Carmen Coleman needs OUT!
Lol

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

amused wrote:
<quoted text>
I love this quote, "forinsics [forensics] it just talkin [talking]." Here's your sign!! LOL!!!!!
Their teacher must not have a degree or something??! Lol
Papa bear

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Research wrote:
Is she not a speech therapist at bate middle as well? You definitely need a degree for that right?
SadforStudents

Bloomfield, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Papa bear wrote:
<quoted text>
Is she not a speech therapist at bate middle as well? You definitely need a degree for that right?
If you will look at the thread on here under Kentucky Dept. of Education Innovation Program and read the page linked, then you will see the document allows them to alter all approaches to learning and teaching and even compensation. Danville is one of the 17 early applicants to participate in this program, so this means they will effectively be operated like a "charter school" without having to adhere to laws and regulations public schools currently are bound to by federal law.

Maybe the Superintendent has already been informed to manage the district accordingly, since the document allows them to drastically change the educational process in every aspect. Carefully read the use of terminology in this document to see it gives them a blank check without consequences or having to fear legal challenges to their decision-making process regarding academics or personnel.
Wow

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

That's amazing. Blows my mind. I mean this lady may be a great person but seriously I don't want my children taught by someone who didn't go to school theirselves. My great grandmother was a teacher back in the twenties and you know hat she had a college degree........
Research

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 14, 2013

Beth Marlowe is not a speech therapist she is a forensic teacher and has taken her team to state three years straight
lol

Winchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2013

Research wrote:
Beth Marlowe is not a speech therapist she is a forensic teacher and has taken her team to state three years straight
Whoooo what an accomplishment... Oh wait no that was the accomplishment of the students...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of28
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Kids Forum right now

Search the Kids Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Club Penguin unwanted member accounts (Sep '11) 31 min MyaWooz 27
Sexting uncovered in Mountain Home schools 47 min think about it 4
Fantage MEMBER Accounts (May '12) 2 hr Micayla 1,488
fantage account (member) (Feb '10) 3 hr seleena 5,171
Shanesha Taylor: Supporters raise $90K for tear... 6 hr Barbera Feddernick 2
Unwanted Fantage Accounts (can be non-member or... (Jun '12) 7 hr Taylor_Jacobson 167
Another stolen generation: how Australia still ... 7 hr Steve 101
Moviestarplanet passwords (Jan '12) 9 hr CarmelK16 2,481
•••
•••
•••
•••