Sacramento County Opens Low-Income Housing Waiting List

All week long, people have been treking in and out of the North Highlands Community Center. Full Story
Val

Antelope, CA

#85 May 31, 2009
Odd. I am disabled on SSD. and I just moved from one county down south to Sac. Within one month, I was offered public housing. I turned it down, cause I did not want to live in South Sac. People should not wait for what was called section 8. The program is very strict and mostly most do not qualify anymore, if you have waited more than 5 years....
joel367 wrote:
I am fully disabled, I have epilepsy, Full every thing and yes I have to wait to. I waited 5 years at my current place that is managed by AIG, having what I have keeps you out of the work zones, so the job sites voted me fully disabled, I also applyed 3 times in that time period, the managers will through out your papper work 3 to 6 months after you apply, even when you check on your files, I would have a ssi loyar sighn you up for house when he or she is running your ssi aplication and yes alays have what you want take what you have to have then when what you want is open in the area you like you can get, and always have more waiting list open, I am on 3 low income housing list right now, and I past two up, I want to find a place in new sacramento and or sandeago downtown
Section 8

United States

#86 Jan 25, 2010
On the List wrote:
If you are on the waiting list, how do you find out your status? What number? And how much longer?
Sacramento, CA
you would have to call best time is at 8am the number is on the site you can call every week to check your status as they get the funds or aproval to except they will call you.
Sec 8

United States

#87 Jan 25, 2010
Vale wrote:
I wish you all the best. But, during all this time waiting, you should of also applied through other counties. Not, waiting for SHRA. If you have not been contacted within 2 years, you are probably not eligible. Disabled, aged, go to the top of the list in a short amount of time. I just checked the SHRA website, and I see no open lists to apply for. I can't read this article, cause the link does not work.
<quoted text>
I applied in Nevada the Nevada Rural housing in Carson City 148 mile from California right outside of Lake Tahow they picked me up in less that four months in 2007 and after my year I decided to stay because I found a new life, I returned to Califonria this year and the office is different there in NV i had a personal relationship with my worker and here i'm just a number. Also I have been waitting a reapplied in Sacramento for the past 16 years.I had to move all the way to another state adapt and come back ready to go back.
Section 8

United States

#88 Jan 25, 2010
Vale wrote:
I wish you all the best. But, during all this time waiting, you should of also applied through other counties. Not, waiting for SHRA. If you have not been contacted within 2 years, you are probably not eligible. Disabled, aged, go to the top of the list in a short amount of time. I just checked the SHRA website, and I see no open lists to apply for. I can't read this article, cause the link does not work.
<quoted text>
Apply out of State. Nevada picks up fast and Yuba city 2
susan

Sacramento, CA

#89 Mar 30, 2010
im a 24years old woman and pregnant with my first baby on the way. ive been homeless alot so i do stress most days. ive apply at some low income houses but soo far no calls. life for me is hard with me being disable and having a baby i need a place really bad... hopin lowincome takes me in...
tina uribe

United States

#91 Aug 30, 2010
I REALLY NEED LOW INCOMEHOUSEING NOW.IWORK FOR A LONG TIME BEING A CNA. AND CAREGIVER TAKEING CARE OF the eldery.Iam on ssi now because of my back. I cant pay that much for rent.Iam on a fix income.Need help.
avileseula

Citrus Heights, CA

#92 Sep 15, 2010
Mrs. Susan, I took the liberty of reading your story and I must say that my heart went out for you and your family. No one should live like that, Therefore housing and the government should step up to the plate and provid assisants for you and family. but, Mrs. Susan until the help that you need comes, then pray and keep the faith, you will get heard! I for one is hearing your cry. may God bless you. Faye a person that cares....
Susan Quiroz wrote:
I been waiting for low income housing for over seven year's, seven yearsago my family size was 2 adults 5 children.My luck with the housing on lowincome hasn't been so good .Now Ihave 2 children myself and my very sick husband ,he has termanial cancer.Were on SSI paying outragous rent 1bdrm not including utilities 1,000 dollars amonth my family suffers with mental health issues , but Iguess everyone has issues .But Iwonder if i'll get that break with low housing i't would be a blessing,to see a few dollars in my pocket to plan a real outting before my husband passes would be nice and our own bedroom would even be nicer, maybe our name may come up . Thank You for listening The Quiroz Family.
avileseula

Citrus Heights, CA

#93 Sep 15, 2010
DEEDEE wrote:
I JUST MOVED OUT HERE FROM CHICAGO NO MONEY NEED A JOB NEED A PLACE TO STAY CAN I GET SOME HELPFUL INFO PLEASE
Hello I dont profess to be a savior or anything, but my sister rent rooms out of a nice house with front yard and back yard it is very nice and quiet, plus the light rail is only one block up the street and thier is a lots of jobs in this area as well !
It's up to you only suggesting!

take care! Faye
avileseula

Citrus Heights, CA

#94 Sep 15, 2010
mr_singleDad wrote:
also im homeless staying at the homeless shelter....and my tme is almost up.,..
Hello! I have been in that position before myself, so I hear you ! but, if you need a room for rent then that is your answer.
if you are interesting then let me know. thank you Faye
GIL

Sacramento, CA

#95 Nov 15, 2010
there area lot of resources out there call them to help you love,inc can help you there listed in the yellow pages contact a local church to help you
shine

Sacramento, CA

#96 Nov 29, 2010
Let anyone that can walk on water judge another!
Kokopelli

Davis, CA

#97 Nov 29, 2010
Well that is a good thing, however if the managers of the low income housing by-pass the waiting list like they do in Davis ca. and take bribes to pop their friends and relatives to the top of the waiting list, then it is a BAD thing.
a friend

United States

#99 Mar 18, 2011
Dear mrs Quirroz, sorry to hear about your situation. check out, "el camino place apts" rent is $795 without washer/dryer,$850 with it. They're spacious 2 bdrm apts, 2 full baths, fireplace, all electric, dishwasher, pool. Small, quiet community. They're not low income, but much cheaper than what you are paying now., and they are on a month to month basis. If interested, address is 2529 eastern ave, sac, 95821. Best of luck to you and your family.
3kids and homeless

Sacramento, CA

#100 Nov 1, 2011
im tryning to get on a witng list for housen i have three kids and im homeless liven with mom who will be moven soon and cant afford to pay rent at her home its to high need help fast
no more sec8

San Jose, CA

#101 Nov 1, 2011
Please quit building section 8. It is ruining communities and bringing down house values. Stop ruining it for those of us who work hard, pay our bills, and dont overpopulate with kids we cant pay for. If you cant feed em dont breed em..is that so hard to understand! Im so sick of entitled people...NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING!
Carolyn

United States

#102 Aug 20, 2012
I just turned 50. I'm disabled, My father has lung cancer and I've been takeing care of him part time. Now social security says I'm not disabled any more and cut off my bennifits cmpletely. IHSS pays me around 900.00 a month or less for my dad. I have been with the same man for 13 years, for the last 3 or 4 he has become more and more controling and violent. I'm scared every day, have no place to go, been trying desperatly every day to find an affodable safe place to live in or near charmicle. I am in the prosess of a reconsideration for my social security disability, but it could take months. I've looked into domestic violance places to g to but they wont take me because I don't have small children. I'm trapped.
RiccardoFire

Elk Grove, CA

#103 Aug 20, 2012
Carolyn wrote:
I just turned 50. I'm disabled, My father has lung cancer and I've been takeing care of him part time. Now social security says I'm not disabled any more and cut off my bennifits cmpletely. IHSS pays me around 900.00 a month or less for my dad. I have been with the same man for 13 years, for the last 3 or 4 he has become more and more controling and violent. I'm scared every day, have no place to go, been trying desperatly every day to find an affodable safe place to live in or near charmicle. I am in the prosess of a reconsideration for my social security disability, but it could take months. I've looked into domestic violance places to g to but they wont take me because I don't have small children. I'm trapped.
sad to hear. Did your father smoke? what made you disabled? Is alcohol involved? Hope help comes your way.
Shalida Williams

United States

#104 Oct 14, 2012
I am 20 years old and I am homeless and I am trying to get back on my feet. My mother is sick with cancer and my brother just passed away is there any way I can get help please. If so Thank-you and God Bless you. I have no income until I receive unemployment while looking for work. I want to go to school in Sacramento but I need somewhere to live. I applied for Sacramento Housing while staying with my other brother who is helping me out as much as possible. If there is anything please give me a call. Thank-you and God Bless.
Blakki

United States

#105 Oct 26, 2012
I am a single father with four girls an staying with my sister. I need to know how do I go about getting a my kids their own roof over their head with only getting. 300 dallors a month.
Kenzz

Sacramento, CA

#106 Oct 27, 2012
Why dont they take over the empty homes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Canadian parents paying less to adopt African A... 4 hr Primm 4
Reality TV star Jim Bob Duggar pushes birth con... 5 hr Elise Gingerich 1
is Binweevils better than club penguin? (Nov '07) 7 hr Belle4263 5,125
Childrens scooter wins the little ones hearts 13 hr Yvolution 1
Britney Spears inks new Las Vegas residency dea... 15 hr Big mike 1
Can Vacant Schools be Turned into Homeless Shel... (Mar '10) 19 hr Liz 39
After Trayvon Martin, Chilling Ad Offers Bullet... 20 hr Tired Citizen 1

Kids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE