Booklet helps Mormon parents communic...

Booklet helps Mormon parents communicate with gay children

There are 13 comments on the KSL-TV story from Jun 16, 2012, titled Booklet helps Mormon parents communicate with gay children. In it, KSL-TV reports that:

A booklet has just been released to help Latter-day Saint parents communicate with their children who have same sex attraction.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSL-TV.

Xstain Fumblementalist

Philadelphia, PA

#1 Jun 16, 2012
This is not pro glbt, it has nothing to do with glbt rights. This is public relations nonsense from a deeply misogynist and homophobic, borderline, science fiction peddling cult, imo.

Here's what it's about:

According to the paper, concern about Mormonism has remained relatively stable among Evangelicals, with 36 percent expressing aversion to an LDS candidate in 2007 and 33 percent doing so in 2012. But among non-religious voters, that number shot up 20 points in the past five years, from 21 percent in 2007 to 41 percent in February. There were also substantial increases in Mormon-averse voters among liberals 28 percent in 2007 and 43 percent in 2012 as well as moderates, who went from 22 percent in 2007 to 32 percent this year...

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/study-li...

“Child of the Universe”

Since: Aug 09

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

#2 Jun 16, 2012
What does the booklet teach them? English?
Kyle

Pekin, IL

#3 Jun 16, 2012
Xstain Fumblementalist wrote:
This is not pro glbt, it has nothing to do with glbt rights. This is public relations nonsense from a deeply misogynist and homophobic, borderline, science fiction peddling cult, imo.
Here's what it's about:
According to the paper, concern about Mormonism has remained relatively stable among Evangelicals, with 36 percent expressing aversion to an LDS candidate in 2007 and 33 percent doing so in 2012. But among non-religious voters, that number shot up 20 points in the past five years, from 21 percent in 2007 to 41 percent in February. There were also substantial increases in Mormon-averse voters among liberals 28 percent in 2007 and 43 percent in 2012 as well as moderates, who went from 22 percent in 2007 to 32 percent this year...
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/study-li...
You stupid, sick bigot. The pamphlet was NOT produced by nor approved by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It actually included misinformation that no Mormon would agree with.
uve

Indio, CA

#4 Jun 16, 2012
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>You stupid, sick bigot. The pamphlet was NOT produced by nor approved by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It actually included misinformation that no Mormon would agree with.
Kyle today? You didn't cut and paste your usual anti gay statistical speech. So..Why is he bigot?

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#5 Jun 16, 2012
Wonderful.

I'm still not voting for Romney.

(sheesh! get a clue, people!)
Xstain Fumblementalist

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Jun 16, 2012
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>You stupid, sick bigot. The pamphlet was NOT produced by nor approved by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It actually included misinformation that no Mormon would agree with.
Hey lying, ignorant scum, there are two anonymous writers over on huff post claiming to be Mormon trumpeting this pamphlet as of use to Moron communities in dealing with glbt children.

I agree, however, it is merely a propaganda effort. The Moron Churchcult, imo, which believes the "Heavenly Father" lives on a "throne" near the planet "Kolob," does not tolerate natural variations in sexual orientation. Sometimes the Churchcult, imo, merely wishes to try and appear less hateful for public relations purposes.

That's one good sign of a cult - lying. "Lying for the Lord." Another would be family members shunning other family members who do not adhere to some patriarch's or patriarchs' dogma.

And now the sexually sick RCC hierarchy has been in bed with the Mormon freeeks via NOM for the past decades. Perfect together.

“Luke laughs at hypocrites!”

Since: Sep 10

Palm Springs, California

#7 Jun 16, 2012
Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>You stupid, sick bigot. The pamphlet was NOT produced by nor approved by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. It actually included misinformation that no Mormon would agree with.
Since tomorrow is Sunday, the day you sit in church and practice all things holy and forgiving, your prayer should read...feel free to copy this down:

"Dear Jesus,
Thank you, heavenly Father, for NOT making me David Moore, the most godforsaken homely man to ever take breath. I pity such an ape face as his and pray you take him to be by Your side soon. Thank you, Jesus, for making me a fine looking man whose name is Kyle. Also bless my friend Josh, and Alan, and Real, and Theo, and Chevy, and all the other fine citizens of Manito. Since they are all different people than me, bless each one of them, will you?

Thanks, Jesus, and give a big shout out to Curteese, he is one of YOUR creations.

Amen"

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#8 Jun 17, 2012
I'm reminded of ...

&fe ature=related

“ TRUTH : NOT EXPEDIENCE”

Since: Nov 07

town near Jax, Fl

#9 Jun 17, 2012
It is not communication skills they need; it is acceptance that they need to learn.

“Adam and Steve”

Since: Aug 08

Earth

#10 Jun 17, 2012
This pamphlet has a 2009 publication date. Is "roboblogger" just catching up? It is not a "just been released" publication, as the KSL video clip suggests. I can't find that this pamphlet has anything specifically to do with the LDS. Info in the pamphlet is generic for all parents/families.

You can look at the pamphlet here:

http://familyproject.sfsu.edu/files/English_F...

Since: Jan 08

Chachoengsao, Thailand

#11 Jun 17, 2012
"Same sex attraction"... They just can't say "GAY", can they? The more they talk, the more they put themselves down a hole.(pun intended)
KKKafeteria KKKristains

Philadelphia, PA

#12 Jun 17, 2012
Edio wrote:
This pamphlet has a 2009 publication date. Is "roboblogger" just catching up? It is not a "just been released" publication, as the KSL video clip suggests. I can't find that this pamphlet has anything specifically to do with the LDS.
As was explained already, this pamphlet has come back into the news as a result of an LDS shilling, claimed Mormon husband and wife referring to it while they debate whether or not to love their gender non conforming son in the face of their Churchcult community's, imo, condemnation or opprobrium. The shilling column is at huff post, also. It's been picked up as news.

It's a public relations effort by a lying for the lord cult, imo.
paul shykora arts

Calgary, Canada

#13 Jun 18, 2012
snyper wrote:
Wonderful.
I'm still not voting for Romney.
(sheesh! get a clue, people!)
..yet ''many'' are...eh..(+)....the RAMBLER was a total $$$Success story...eh..(+)...shalom...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Kids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Unwanted Wizard101 accounts (Jun '10) 7 hr LIOTUS 2,804
News High profile Maryland rape case raises question... Sat Kid Rocker Panel 3
MovieStarPlanet (PUMPCHKIN) (Feb '13) Sat omggirlygab15 198
News This Pediatrician Will Not Treat Kids Unless Th... Sat RIGHT ON 2
News Alberta government not supporting mandatory vac... Sat RIGHT ON 1
News Kids must be taught transgenderism, homosexuali... Sat TerriB1 1
Fantage MEMBER Accounts (May '12) Fri hi thnx 1,683
More from around the web