An adoptive family
Idalia

Monterrey, Mexico

#1 Jul 19, 2012
Ok this isn't a joke or a scam or anything of the sort, it's a question really. My dear dear friend is 4 months pregnant and homeless (sleeping on my couch). She has two small children from a failed marriage and is pregnant from a one night stand (please don't judge) She made a stupid mistake, is a great mom but has just had a rough go of things. She has been clear from the start of the pregnancy that she wants to give the baby up in adoption. She herself was adopted so she is aware of everything that this entails. We have contacted several agencies about possible housing and aassistance for her during her pregnancy but all of the housing programs seem to be for the birth mother only and she of course is not going to leave her kids to live in a complex somewhere alone. She is very serious about the adoption, she knows that she cannot take care of another child and really has no desire to. She is happy with just the two that she has.:-) My question is what are the options for these cases? She applied for government housing and was put on a two year waiting list in Texas. I am helping out but it seems like there has to be a better solution for her. She is having a baby girl. She has a 6 year old son and a two year old daughter. Her husband abandoned them. Any information or advice would be much appreciated, I am a single mom myself and it is hard for me to help her as much as i would like to. She is a wonderful, loving person and we all make mistakes. please contact me here on the forum or at [email protected] if you know of any programs or anything at all. thanks in advance and God bless!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Infants & Newborns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Couple looking to adopt a newborn in central Fl... (Oct '14) Jun '16 Denise 2
News Don't Get Distracted By MRSA, Treatable Staph I... (Oct '15) Oct '15 mike fiorenza 1
Black babies cry louder than white babies (Dec '08) Jul '15 Kkk 5
pregnant mother seeking private adoption (Feb '13) Jun '15 jess 4
Here's a great resource for parenting (Jul '12) Apr '15 Cindy 2
My Baby won't sleep alone (Oct '10) Apr '15 Kathy 4
How to Change Nappies (Nov '12) Nov '12 ILikeBabiesUsedNa... 1
More from around the web