Tina

Uniontown, PA

#1 Sep 29, 2008
If you are a parent or caregiver you may come to the point, deciding if it is okay for your young infant to have juice. Pediatricians have stated, there is no nutritional value feeding juice to kids younger than six months. They also recommend that juice be given only in a cup, not in a bottle, and that if you do give your older infant juice, then 4-6 ounces of juice would be more than enough for the entire day.

Keep in mind that juice isnít a healthy liquid to give your child all the time. Since most kids drink too much juice and juice can be associated with cavities, diarrhea, not eating well, diaper rashes, and being overweight, you would be better off giving your child whole fruit instead of fruit juice.

If you do decide to give your child juice try to follow these guidelines:

1. When you give your child juice, it should be 100% pasteurized fruit juice and not fruit drinks.
2. Infants under six months should not have juice unless they experience constipation.
3. Younger children 1 to 6 years should have 4-6 ounces of juice a day.
4. Older children should be limited to 8-12 ounces of juice a day.
5. Instead of juice, children should be encouraged to eat whole fruits.
Check out www.tinaschildtips.com for more information!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Infants & Newborns Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Couple looking to adopt a newborn in central Fl... Oct '14 Rhodabeth 1
pregnant mother seeking private adoption (Feb '13) Jan '14 KymD 2
How to Change Nappies (Nov '12) Nov '12 ILikeBabiesUsedNa... 1
An adoptive family (Jul '12) Jul '12 Idalia 1
Here's a great resource for parenting (Jul '12) Jul '12 EvEbb 1
My Baby won't sleep alone (Oct '10) Dec '11 sarah andrews 3
How fo you like changing nappies (Jan '10) Apr '10 Laeny 3
More from around the web