Pompano Beach man accused of stealing...

Pompano Beach man accused of stealing from mother

There are 34 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Apr 14, 2009, titled Pompano Beach man accused of stealing from mother. In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

Authorities have arrested a man they say took advantage of his ailing, elderly mother, stealing about $158,000 from her in cash and property.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Ammended Commandment

United States

#25 Apr 15, 2009
Honor thy Mother and thy Father - unless Mom is wealthy and senile.

KcK

Since: Feb 07

Plantation

#26 Apr 15, 2009
what the huh wrote:
Where were the OTHER family members before this happened? Stole the SS checks or used them to live on while caring for this woman with Alzheimers, a full time job? It sounds to me like the OTHER family members figured this man would do the job for free with his own money and when they found out the money was being used to care for the woman, they decided it was time to call in the cops and lock the woman away in a detention center. There are always at least two sides to every story!
I agree. This sounds like a big time family feud moreso than an attempt to "steal" from mother. If anything it sounds like an attempt to "steal" from the siblings OR an attempt to liquidate mother's assets BEFORE trying to find an assisted living facility.
Mom Story

United States

#27 Apr 15, 2009
My Mom used to smack us with a wooden yard stick when we acted up -invariably the yardstick would break in half and we would laugh at her. Needless to say, the hardware store saw Mom on a steady basis.
The lesson - don't mess with Mom and stay away from her bank account.
Mom Story

United States

#28 Apr 15, 2009
I was bartending and a woman told me I looked like a Greek God. I related this comment to my Mom who replied,
"That's better than looking like a God Damn Greek."
coulo

New Orleans, LA

#29 Apr 15, 2009
Marco Secolo, 39, (they do to themselves.)
Okydocky

Boca Raton, FL

#30 Apr 15, 2009
Welcome to Florida
Home to every loose criminal in America
All I can say is $#%$$%#$% I hope you %$#&##
and $#@%$#$%^%
That's all i have to say

Dr_Zaius

“E Pluribus Unum”

Since: Apr 09

Broward County

#31 Apr 15, 2009
Ain't diversity grand?
laTischa

Boynton Beach, FL

#32 Apr 15, 2009
Ignignokt wrote:
One of the other family members must have discovered it .. Low , very low .
You are a Tardvaark - get back to that job search.

Remember: The search for a full-time job needs to be a full-time job.

Stop posting retarded posts, Tardvaark.
mjs

Miami, FL

#33 Aug 8, 2010
there are always two sides of a story where were the outher siblings when this was happining in my opinion the son did the right thing he has to leave his job to take care of his mother witch is a full time job with someone with altimers now he is facing 15 years his brother passed away and now his sister is in control of the estate witch is worth over 750,000 dollars if he wanted to he could have taken it all my advice to marco is start a cival suit aganst his sister and false inprisenment charges should be filed
marco

Miami, FL

#34 Aug 8, 2010
You Have No Idea wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you miss the part of the article that says she suffers from Alzheimers? Caring for an Alzheimers patient can be a 24 hour job. The average home is not equipped, nor does the typical family member/loved one have the patience or training. An assisted living facility is often the safest, most comfortable place for Alzheimer patients.
i like what you wrote i am the alleged thief not only did they put my mom in assited living my brother passed away last year and my sister is now in control of the estate that is worth over 750,000 and my sister is trying to put me in prison for 15 years nice scam she pulled off
Anna

Pompano Beach, FL

#35 Feb 17, 2012
Yeah wrote:
Next time make sure there are no other siblings. LMFAO
thats my dad ur talking about
Anna

Pompano Beach, FL

#36 Feb 17, 2012
What My Fathers Sister Did Is Horrific I Am Speechless Im Only 12 And Having To See What Mean Things People Say About My Father Are Not Easy To Read So You People Need To Stop Talkin Smack It Was FRAUD THATS IT! You Guys Need To Stop My Dad Is Innocent .
pat

Hauppauge, NY

#37 Jul 24, 2012
marco, your mom is dying. pls come to ny and see your sister . i hope you get to see her before she passes. i would think there are some things you need to say to her!
yomomma

Boca Raton, FL

#38 Dec 12, 2012
gay boys

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Elderly Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Glen Campbell's Children Instigate Tennessee La... May 18 Zonawaas 1
News Gray Matters: Be healthy, avoid geezer jokes (Feb '09) May 14 Denial of life 31
News Gym owner accused of stealing to finance business (Jul '08) May 14 Illinois woman 3
News Honored seniors feel volunteerism is important May 13 Brian b 1
News Genesee County seniors treated to performances ... May 11 Rick Jibbity 1
News What's the best way to help an elderly dog? (May '09) May 11 Zeke the Pinhead 19
News Elder caregiving: Will you be ready? (Aug '15) May 9 CedricRobertson 3
More from around the web