Brothers killed by clerk during robbery

May 26, 2012 Full story: Free Republic 6

Officials say brothers Quinten Felton and Eddie Felton were shot and killed after an attempted robbery at Joppa Road Store located at the intersection of Acorn Hill Road and Hinton Road in North Carolina around 6 p.m. Tuesday.

Full Story
LuAnn

Rocky Mount, NC

#1 May 26, 2012
Why are state of NC funds and a state facility being used to honor two individuals who were killed during the commission of a felony/armed robbery? The funeral is being held Monday at ECSU Fine Arts Auditorium.
Wesley

Jersey City, NJ

#2 May 28, 2012
You only know what you have heard and are assuming that what you heard is true and I am sure you know the saying about assumptions! Unless you know the entire story, please refrain from commenting. Thanks.
Bobitogpndola

United States

#3 May 28, 2012
The service was held there today and they were killed committing armed robbery.that's the whole story so do I now have permission to comment? These two, put a gun in a 60 year old man's face, stole a whole 200 bucks, beat and kicked him so that he had boot imprints on his face.he shot them in the middle of a desperate fight (so would you).yet, they get a memorial service at a public university like they were war heroes. Outrageous doesn't even begin to cover it.they shouldn't send grief counsellors to their school. Just make an announcement :"they died because they were lowlife thugs "follow them and you'll die too.
Kayla Nicole

Clayton, NC

#4 May 29, 2012
honestly, when your trying to get associated into a gang i have nothing left for you even if i wouldve known them the old man did the right thing they were nice boys from what i hear but everyone says its always the quiet and nice ones in school and when you think about it it makes since but the old guy did what was right i got friends in PQ and everything but they are taking it too far i wouldnt care if they were black white purple pink green yellow or blue id still shoot them if i was in that position. some people needed counsellors others did not. but i have one friend who loves to blow up about things and she screamed at the wavy news 10 and then at the old man. but hey you live by the bad call you die by the bad call
Mike hemshaw

Madison Heights, MI

#5 Aug 29, 2012
We need to reinforce the good principles in our youth, let them know when they are wrong or doing something bad. Had these two been focused on how they wanted to live at the age of the man they robbed, they might be alive now.
lil_whitegirl_5

Kill Devil Hills, NC

#6 Sep 25, 2012
Quinten and Eddie were def not what the community seems them to be, they simply made a dumb decision. Their mother has the worst end of the stick at the end of the day. I love Quinten wit all my heart and Eddie was the closest thing to him besides his Mama.. i miss you Quinten your always have my heart and soul.. xoxoxo RiP Babyboy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's the best way to help an elderly dog? (May '09) 1 hr Sam 18
El Paso's Clean Air Ordinance in effect startin... 2 hr UR BS 9
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 2 hr Evil in Springboro 31,560
Widow grateful to know how pilot husband died i... 8 hr Drgunzet 1
Lawsuit Against DHS Could Lead To Reform (Feb '08) 10 hr RR EARLE 68
How to Witness to a Jehovah's Witness Ray Comfo... 11 hr Boni 219
Jim Bob Duggar Says Petition To Cancel '19 Kids... Thu Belle Sexton 15
More from around the web