Fort Lauderdale: Police giving fundin...

Fort Lauderdale: Police giving funding to Onikusu Judo Club -- ...

There are 9 comments on the South Florida Sun-Sentinel story from Mar 25, 2008, titled Fort Lauderdale: Police giving funding to Onikusu Judo Club -- .... In it, South Florida Sun-Sentinel reports that:

The Onikusu Judo Club will get $25,000 from the Police Department because the program is aimed at preventing juvenile crime and developing trust between police and youth, among other things.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at South Florida Sun-Sentinel.

“Liberals = Hippies”

Since: Dec 06

Osaka, Japan

#1 Mar 26, 2008
Pretty funny if thier using "Onikusu" as a name to make it sound Japanese. In Japanese Onikusu would translate to:

Oni-an orge, a demon
and
Kusu-Rubish waste, junk...when Kusu is used when talking about people it usually means..The scum of society, the dregs of mankind. Good for nothing.

So Onikusu is a garbage demon.

WAY TO GO NAACP!

Since: Apr 07

Tallahassee, FL

#2 Mar 26, 2008
Mr Sparkle wrote:
Pretty funny if thier using "Onikusu" as a name to make it sound Japanese. In Japanese Onikusu would translate to:
Oni-an orge, a demon
and
Kusu-Rubish waste, junk...when Kusu is used when talking about people it usually means..The scum of society, the dregs of mankind. Good for nothing.
So Onikusu is a garbage demon.
WAY TO GO NAACP!
If the above is true, I think it's pretty funny. Maybe it's judo to get rid of garbage demons. LOL.
mya

Boynton Beach, FL

#3 Apr 1, 2008
Its not about the name, its about what Onikusu Judo Club do for others and how this judo club have on its students. If the members of Onikusu Judo is turning there life around to the do the right thing, WHAT'S THE PROBLEM? This judo club is changing people lives every day. Making them better each and every day.
I can care less about what the name is, but how this club better people as a whole.
jose

Boca Raton, FL

#4 Apr 3, 2008
i was told that the name means onyx plus the name means nothing intill you step on the mat where it goes down... i think you should go to the club an tell them that to there face...
dAYdAYmAN

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#5 Feb 8, 2013
Hahahahahaahaahaha! funny Onikusu
kylem

Pompano Beach, FL

#6 Nov 19, 2013
MyPerspective wrote:
<quoted text>
If the above is true, I think it's pretty funny. Maybe it's judo to get rid of garbage demons. LOL.
It actually means Onyx not garbage demon. Why don't you meet me there sometime and we can clear up the confusion about translation on the mat.
judomonkey

Garden Grove, CA

#7 May 28, 2015
MyPerspective wrote:
<quoted text>
there are a lot of warriors hiding behind a keyboard , the fact is that this club has a positive impact on just about everybody that attends it , so give it a try and see for yourself

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#8 Jun 1, 2015
kylem wrote:
<quoted text>
It actually means Onyx not garbage demon. Why don't you meet me there sometime and we can clear up the confusion about translation on the mat.
Actually, onyx is "onikisu" not "Onikusu".

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#9 Jun 1, 2015
judomonkey wrote:
<quoted text>
there are a lot of warriors hiding behind a keyboard , the fact is that this club has a positive impact on just about everybody that attends it , so give it a try and see for yourself
You mean warriors like yourself who comment on 7 year old posts? Let me know how it goes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Your atheism isn&#x27;t going to keep your... (Apr '14) 1 hr Eagle 12 155
News children-with-disabilities-.jpg 3 hr Haebdiydldfslkjo 2
News Three Teenagers Arrested in Gang-Related Homicide (Dec '14) 4 hr jose 2
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 19 hr Levy Hater 31,918
News Bill Would End Life Prison Terms for Teens (Jan '08) Thu Your Service Prov... 124
News Ex-Etiquette: Presence of spouse's ex adds to h... (Nov '09) Thu the new wife 64
News Upcoming community dinners in June (Jun '10) Thu chance 4
More from around the web