Foster parent speaks out about DHS la...

Foster parent speaks out about DHS lawsuit

There are 46 comments on the News 9 Oklahoma City story from Feb 13, 2008, titled Foster parent speaks out about DHS lawsuit. In it, News 9 Oklahoma City reports that:

A foster parent is speaking out about the lawsuit on the Department of Human Services.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News 9 Oklahoma City.

MS Not Afraid

Philadelphia, PA

#21 Jan 26, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
I cannot reveal my name or the specifics as my wife and I continue to fight with DHS to get temporary kinship foster care of our grandchildren. We have been lied to, spoken down to, threatened, and then ignored. We have been thoroughly investigated, spent a substantial amount of money to meet all of the guidelines, and still are denied temporary kinship foster care of our grandchildren.
DHS is broken severely. Many of the people that work there are condescending, pompous asses who use that attitude in an attempt to cover their lack of intelligence and wisdom.
Despite, this, we have not been intimidated to cower down and go away like DHS does to many other people. In this case, they have screwed with the wrong people. I don't like bullies and I always do everything that I can to take them down. Maybe my little part joined with other efforts can flush the DHS sewer of the rats who have infetsed it.
A year ago, I would not have imagined this. A year ago, I would not have believed someone who would tell me the story we are now living.
I have been lied to also I know your pain.Kepp on fighting and show them who they are messing with!!I am in the same boat as you the only differance is it is my child I gave birth to.
Rational Tulsans

Tulsa, OK

#22 Jan 27, 2011
Kool. Very outspoken and dedicated parent.
dhs need to record visits

Philadelphia, PA

#23 Feb 10, 2011
i am a parent living in phila, pa UNFORTUNATELY. i called to report [meaning] to keep my child safe & they go and take 2 of my children from me to place them at one of the two accused perpetrators home "temporarily" & when i confronted them why they would do such thing they say i never mentioned this when i repeatedly said it in front of two workers. seriously i want to pursue legally. let alone they took my kids from my mother due to language barrier during interview. my mother knows enough to get by. not when you speak fluent english do not expect for confusion to occur. hello! then they placed them at the 2nd perpetrators home. irronic right well my child calls me histerically that their is drugs in this home they is drunk & yet ME parent who is none of that is without her kids & suffering the pain to try to sleep asking myself MAN i did this to my kids by reportin for that i should of relocated & said screw them those who try to hurt my child. idk where to run what lawyer to seek help in. is insane the dhs system really. specially when unfortunately i have no true means to afford a lawyer to kick off this case. or put the worker in their place. this is all without them doing a thearl background check. because if they did they would of seen dui past drug charges recent parole & yet my kids was placed there. wdf. im clean. no records no history & is me whom was seeking their guidance. SERIOUSLY. sketchy agengy supposibly all concerned for child's welfare is all about what is the best for the child reeeally. we'll seeif i can find a lawyer take a probono dhs case or a lawyer whom will rather do it cuz maybe their were a child within dhs & finds this to hit home idk god do not like ugly.

p.s here's a thought parents agree to record interviews right on to a dhs device that dhs can not undo or edit so they do not have the upper hand on sayin that was never said & their reports are not altered or forged. or hey the parent can not say it was never said if there is nothing to hide. seriously & do not expect for the bulk of the story gonna be remembered at once either that is why therapy shall be first in place because is real when one is going through a trauma the view of it all & situation is disturbing proper function is scrambled it do not mean one is lying or can remember right there and then you must understand greif of the severity what this family complaining is going thru. nothing functions well even so recent to the incident. traumatized ppl is a word with a strong meaning dnt batter folks & say what u want is wrong! say it how it was told how it is dont make ur own story because at the end of the day you go back to ur life carelessly forgetting is not the money you should be in this business for is for the need to make good changes. give your life a purpose of accomplishment when doing good and a meaning in a child's life.
anonymous

United States

#24 Mar 25, 2011
D.H.S NEEDS TO BE STOPPED!! THEY HAVE TAKEN MY CHILD THE ONLY CHILD I CAN EVEN HAVE PERIOD. SINCE SHE'S BEEN IN CUSTODY THERE HAVE BEEN SEVERAL TIMES AT VISITS THAT I HAVE TAKEN PICTURES OF OUR DAUGHTER, WHAT DO YOU TELL A 3YR. OLD WHEN SHE ASKS YOU IF WHY YOU DON'T WANT HER ANYMORE?? I CRYED AND THEY TOLD ME TO SUCK IT UP, I DON'T HAVE A HISTORY WITH DHS NOR DOES ANYONE IN MY FAMILY UP UNTIL THIS WE WERE A VERY CLOSE FAMILY DHS HAS WORKED ALL OF US AGAINST ONE ANOTHER IT'S A JOKE ON HOW DHS RUNS. THE JUDGE ACCUSED ME OF BEING ON SOMETHING BUT HAS SOON AS COURT WAS OVER I WENT RIGHT DOWN AND EVERYBODY IN MY HOUSE TOOK A DRUG TEST BIG SURPRISE WE PASSED. THE NEXT DAY THEY COURT ORDERED A HAIR FOLICILE THAT WENT BACK FOR 12 MNS. THE FOLLOWING WEEK ANOTHER UA WHY WE PASSED ALL OF THEM NOW THEY'RE SUPPOSE TO BE RANDOM YEA RIGHT, WHEN THEY GET MAD AT US THEY WANT A DRUG TEST!! THEY CALL MY WORK AND TALK ABOUT MY CASE TO ANYBODY THAT ANSWERS THE PHONE, WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS BEING A CLOSED HEARING WHERE'S MY CHILD'S RIGHTS I RECENTLY JUST LEARNED WHAT MY RIGHTS TRULY ARE BECAUSE THEY KEEP THREATING TO TAKE MY RIGHTS BUT I TOLD THEM ABSOLUTELY NOT GOING TO SET BACK WHILE THAT HAPPENS MY DAUGHTER IS SO VERY SPECIAL TO OUR FAMILY MY FIRST DAUGHTER DIED FROM SIDS AND I WAS CRUSHED MY WHOLE FAMILY FEEL TO PIECES NOW I HAVE THIS MIRACLE IN MY LIFE AND THEY WALK IN MY HOME AND SAY I'M NOT GOOD ENOUGH. I HOPE GOD HAS JUST A LITTLE BIT OF MERCY ON YOUR SOUL BECAUSE AFTER THE LAST 9 MONTHS OF FIGHTING WITH ALL THESE CASE WORKERS I COULDN'T HAVE ANY MERCY FOR YOU WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY DAUGHTER WOULD NEVER HAVE HAPPENED IF DHS WOULD HAVE LEFT HER ALONE THE MOST MY BABY HAS EVER HAD WAS BOO BOOS FROM PLAYING AND ON MOST OF THEM WENT INTO HER DOCTOR BECAUSE I'M A FREAK OUT WHEN IT COMES TO MY BABY. AFTER MY FIRST BABY I TOLD THE STATE I WOULDN'T COME HOME WITHOUT A HEART MONITOR AND THEY DIDN'T WANT TO LET ME USE ONE SO I STAYED AN EXTRA 2 DAYS IN THE HOSPITAL AFTER GIVING BIRTH TO MY 2ND BABY JUST TOO MAKE SURE NOTHING COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG. DHS IS ALL KINDS OF JACKED UP I WISH THEY COULD COME DOWN OFF THEIR HIGH HORSE LONG ENOUGH TO BE IN THE OTHER PERSON'S SHOES, YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE A 9-5 JOB TO RAISE A CHILD YOU DO NEED A JOB THOUGH! IT SHOULDN'T MATTER HOW YOU SUPPORT YOUR FAMILY AS LONG AS IT'S NOT ILLEGAL. I BELIEVE DHS HAS MADE SO MANY MISTAKES THAT THEY ARE NOW TRYING TO COVER UP THEIR MISTAKES, THE 1ST TIME THEY CAME OUT ON ME THEY TOOK MY CHILD, WHAT'S UP WITH THAT, WHY, NOBODY HAS ANY ANSWERS FOR ME NOT EVEN THE JUDGE THEY TELL ME I HAVE NOT EARNED THE RIGHT TO GET MAD AT THEM BUT I KNOW IN MY HEART THAT I HAVE, I HAVE BEEN VOICING MY OPINION EVER SINCE B/C IF I DON'T AND IF SOMEONE ELSE DON'T HOW ARE ALL THESE BABIES GOING TO BE ABLE TO BE HEARD CRYING ALL ALONE AT NIGHT. I'M NOT SAYING THEY SHOULDN'T TAKE ANY CHILD B/C I KNOW THERE ARE CASES WERE THEY REALLY NEED TO BUT IT JUST SEEMS THOSE ARE THE CHILDREN DHS OVERLOOKS WHY IS IT B/C THEY KNOW THOSE PARENTS WOULD NOT GIVE TWO SHITS ABOUT THEM TAKING THEIR KIDS OFF THEIR HANDS!?!?!? I'M GLAD TO KNOW THAT THERE ARE NICE PEOPLE IN THIS WORLD B/C I WAS GETTING REALLY WORRIED ABOUT MY CHILD I STILL AM BUT I PRAY TO GOD THAT SHE IS WITH SOMEBODY THAT REALLY DOES CARE AND I PRAY THAT GOD WILL KEEP HER SAFE, UNTIL I CAN AGAIN, THEY TELL YOU IT'S YOUR JOB HAS A PARENT TO MAKE SURE YOUR CHILD IS SAFE HOW ABOUT WHEN YOUR IN THIS NIGHTMARE THAT ISN'T JUST A NIGHTMARE AFTER ALL IT'S YOUR LIFE!!!!!!
Beth

Edmond, OK

#25 Sep 30, 2011
Is the organization that helps the phone # you reference below or they could get you in touch with an organization that could help? Thank you!
peasoup wrote:
A couple of posts back I was telling about an organization who helps people with their problems with DHS (Department of Human Services).
I got lucky and found the information or how you can find out if they can help you.
I don't want to confuse you but I heard about this on a late night radio program who has a web site called seniorclassonline.com , hosted by Rusty McMurray. He was talking to Craig Riffel, at PO Box 5557, Enid, Ok 73702, Phone: 1-800-407-9302. The broadcast kept fading in and out but I called and confirmed the address. Exactly what they do, fees, types of cases they handle, etc I can not swear to but if not they could probably help direct you to someone who could. I just wish I had known about them when I was having so much trouble.
I understand that they have 7 offices in Oklahoma.
They said that the director of DHS thinks it is funny watching people suffer. Says they are helping victims sue the DHS.
I hope this will help some of you. Would like to know what you found out. Good Luck.
Paula Baer

United States

#26 Jan 4, 2012
PLEASE HELP!!!! I have been fighting for my granddaughter since she was one month old and she is now 5 1/2 years old and has a 3 and 2 year old brothers and a 2 month old sister now. DHS removed all four of them in Nov. 2011 their abusive parents and made me their foster parent only to rip them from me 3 days (Dec. 22) before Christmas. They are now in two separate foster homes and DHS is now all rude to me when I try to talk to them. I have a petition online, court is in Feb 6. 2011 in Logan County (Guthrie) and I need protesters, news media, child advocates and more to stop OKDHS & Judge Louis Duel from returning my grandchildren to their abusive parents. You can read more at http://www.facesofchildabuse.org/help-the-chi...

Since: Jan 12

United States

#27 Jan 4, 2012
Paula Baer wrote:
PLEASE HELP!!!! I have been fighting for my granddaughter since she was one month old and she is now 5 1/2 years old and has a 3 and 2 year old brothers and a 2 month old sister now. DHS removed all four of them in Nov. 2011 their abusive parents and made me their foster parent only to rip them from me 3 days (Dec. 22) before Christmas. They are now in two separate foster homes and DHS is now all rude to me when I try to talk to them. I have a petition online, court is in Feb 6. 2011 in Logan County (Guthrie) and I need protesters, news media, child advocates and more to stop OKDHS & Judge Louis Duel from returning my grandchildren to their abusive parents. You can read more at http://www.facesofchildabuse.org/help-the-chi...
Just wanted everyone to know this is me. I just joined.
rider

Marquette, MI

#28 Jan 5, 2012
harvey phillips wrote:
my rights was taken away because i was on the road driving across country and missed my court date that i wasn't aware of. My job title is a CDL class A truck driver. Because of the missed court date,I have no rights until they are adults. I have paid $25,000 in child support,I have also spent$5,000 in lawyer fees. my opinion the court system needs to go to a higher court to determine the rights. the child support is not going towards the kids.
Subpoena - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A subpoena play /səˈpi&# 720;nə/ is a writ by a government agency, most often a court, that has authority to compel testimony by a witness or production of evidence ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subpoena - 33k -
rider

Marquette, MI

#29 Jan 5, 2012
rider

Marquette, MI

#30 Jan 5, 2012
rider

Marquette, MI

#31 Jan 5, 2012
Corrupt Oklahoma Politicians and Media who Cover for DHS State Employees
Mon, 02/01/2012 - 02:47 — Lukes Dad
This list of people are guilty of enabling child abuse and guilty of covering up for illegal acts done by state employees. To know of a crime and doing nothing to stop it when you have the power to do so makes you just as guilty as the person who committed the crime.

Ex-Governor of Oklahoma Brad Henry
Current Governor of Oklahoma Mary Fallin
District Attorney of Oklahoma County David Prater
Director of Oklahoma DHS Howard Hendrick
Oklahoma City Police Officer Mr. Whitehead Badge #0846

AnTiffany McDaniel Fears DHS worker who started the abuse.
Tom Coburn Oklahoma State Senator
Jim Inhoffe Oklahoma State Senator
Reagan Vincent ADA for Oklahoma County
Julie Hartnell ADA for Oklahoma County
Yolanda Sherfield DHS worker who abused my grandson
Cassandra Robinson Fowler the supervisor who watched.
Alex Bednar Attorney at Law who also witnessed the abuse and did nothing.
Oklahoma Juvenile Judge Larry D. Shaw
Oklahoma District Judge Donald Easter
Midwest City Judge Kenneth L. Spears
The Midwest City officer who threw my pregnant daughter to the ground with no regard for her or her unborn child.
This list should also include anybody who has seen the evidence on my case and could have exposed it and chose not to.
This would include some forms of the Oklahoma City Media channels 4, 5, 9 and should also include our paper the Daily Oklahoman.
rider

Marquette, MI

#32 Jan 5, 2012
Today the Fellowship's inner circle includes a virtual who's who of right-wingers who either believe in Christian Dominionism or have joined for purely political purposes. Republican Tom DeLay of Texas, the House Majority Leader, is affiliated, as are GOP Senators Sam Brownback of Kansas and Tom Coburn of Oklahoma, former Attorney General John Ashcroft, Vice President Dick Cheney, former Reagan Attorney General Ed Meese, Pentagon intelligence chief Lieutenant General William "Jerry" Boykin, Watergate-felon-turned-prison- minister Chuck Colson and antitax crusader Grover Norquist. Even Bill Clinton bragged about his perfect attendance at the National Prayer Breakfast.
EXPOSÉ: THE “CHRISTIAN” MAFIA
The term “Christian Mafia” is what several Washington politicians have termed ...... in Oklahoma City in 1995, killing 168 people, including a number of children....

http://insider-magazine.org/ChristianMafia.ht... - 238k -
hermit

United States

#33 Jan 5, 2012
rider wrote:
Corrupt Oklahoma Politicians and Media who Cover for DHS State Employees
Mon, 02/01/2012 - 02:47 — Lukes Dad
This list of people are guilty of enabling child abuse and guilty of covering up for illegal acts done by state employees. To know of a crime and doing nothing to stop it when you have the power to do so makes you just as guilty as the person who committed the crime.
Ex-Governor of Oklahoma Brad Henry
Current Governor of Oklahoma Mary Fallin
District Attorney of Oklahoma County David Prater
Director of Oklahoma DHS Howard Hendrick
Oklahoma City Police Officer Mr. Whitehead Badge #0846
AnTiffany McDaniel Fears DHS worker who started the abuse.
Tom Coburn Oklahoma State Senator
Jim Inhoffe Oklahoma State Senator
Reagan Vincent ADA for Oklahoma County
Julie Hartnell ADA for Oklahoma County
Yolanda Sherfield DHS worker who abused my grandson
Cassandra Robinson Fowler the supervisor who watched.
Alex Bednar Attorney at Law who also witnessed the abuse and did nothing.
Oklahoma Juvenile Judge Larry D. Shaw
Oklahoma District Judge Donald Easter
Midwest City Judge Kenneth L. Spears
The Midwest City officer who threw my pregnant daughter to the ground with no regard for her or her unborn child.
This list should also include anybody who has seen the evidence on my case and could have exposed it and chose not to.
This would include some forms of the Oklahoma City Media channels 4, 5, 9 and should also include our paper the Daily Oklahoman.
Some confusion here, above are the details of the Lawhon case.

http://familyrights.us/ok/dana_lawhon_story.h...
rider

Marquette, MI

#34 Jan 5, 2012
Straight, Inc. and Teen Challenge Exposed!- HEAL: Fighting for ...
From fall of 1989 to the summer of 1991 I was held against my will for 22 months in the Atlanta, GA chapter of an organization called “Straight Inc”. Straight was ...

http://www.heal-online.org/StraightandTeenCha... - 191k
rider

Marquette, MI

#36 Jan 5, 2012
Washington Times Headline June 29, 1989 | NowPublic Photo ...
Mar 2, 2005 ... Washington Times Headline June 29, 1989 by salsa. Original file can be found at http://www.iapprovethismessiah.com/spence.htm... ...

http://www.nowpublic.com/washington_times_hea... - 42k - Bless the Beasts and the Children
Mar 13, 2005 ... Also in Washington, DC, there were parties after a party...there were a lot of .... credence to a June 29, 1989 Washington Times front page story,...

http://www.infowars.com/articles/world/tom_fl... - 55k - Cached - Similar pages
rider

Marquette, MI

#37 Jan 5, 2012
The Story of the CIA's "Finders" Abduction Operation
July 2005. One by one, the dots get connected. The same names keep popping up and they are linked with the same activities over and over and over again ...

http://educate-yourself.org/cn/ciadrugsabusem... - 67k -
rider

Marquette, MI

#38 Jan 5, 2012
Tom Brokaw, 1989 "White House Call Boy Scandal" Reagan/Bush ...
Oct 21, 2010... F.B.I. Agent, Ted Gunderson talks about the Franklin Cover-Up case in ... Tom Brokaw, 1989 "White House Call Boy Scandal" Reagan/Bush ...

- 92k -
rider

Marquette, MI

#39 Jan 5, 2012
Irving Fisher 1922-26 (Political Economy, Yale University)
Roswell H. Johnson 1926-27 (Cold Spring Harbor, Univ. of Pittsburgh)
Harry H. Laughlin 1927-29 (Eugenics Record Office)
C. C. Little 1929 (Pres., Michigan University)
Henry Pratt Fairchild 1929-31 (Sociology, New York University)
Henry Perkins 1931-34 (Zoology, University of Vermont)
Ellsworth Huntington 1934-38 (Geography, Yale University)
Samuel Jackson Holmes 1938-40 (Zoology, University of California)
Maurice Bigelow 1940-45 (Columbia University)
Frederick Osborn 1946-52 (Osborn-Dodge-Harriman RR connection)
Harry L. Shapiro 1956-63 (American Museum of Natural History)
Clyde V. Kiser 1964-68 (differential fertility, Milbank Memorial Fund)
Dudley Kirk 1969-72 (Demographer, Stanford University)
Bruce K. Eckland 1972-75 (Sociology, University of North Carolina)
L. Erlenmeyer-Kimling 1976-78 (Genetic Psychiatry)
Lindzey Gardner 1979-81 (Center for Advanced Study, Behavioral Sciences)
John L. Fuller 1982-83 (Behavioral genetics)
Michael Teitelbaum 1985-1990 (US Congress staff; US population policy)
Robert Retherford 1991-1994 (East-West Institute, Hawaii; funded by AID)
Joseph Lee Rodgers 1994, 1995 (family influences)
Current: Hans-Peter Kohler
rider

Marquette, MI

#40 Jan 5, 2012
Care2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Care2 is a social network website that was founded by Randy Paynter in 1998 to help connect activists from around the world. It has a membership of more than ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Care2 - 32k -
Mr bubbles

United States

#42 Mar 26, 2013
Dhs was called in by the hospital. Mother in law wanted both my girls, 2 year old, and 3 month old. For the night. She brings them home about 2 am cuz the 2 year old wouldn't sleep. She had a 2nd degree burn on her leg. Dhs is saying neglect. My mother in law is a good woman but I know it's hard to run after a 2 year old. It's almost Easter and my kids want to see her. Wish they would hurry and figure out what they are going to do. Been scarred to let her see the kids cuz dhs wanted us to sign papers saying we would keep them away from her but they never showed up to have us sign them. Don't know what to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Are you a 'helicopter' parent? 7 hr Humanspirit 1
News Adventures in Parenting: Corn maze season is he... 16 hr Stephen D Clark 1
News West Haven to Crack Down on Dangerous Stunts by... 17 hr Mmendillo 2
News Three Children Among 25 Undocumented Immigrants... 18 hr Red Crosse 26
News Prosecutor: More funds needed to protect elderly 19 hr TrumpedGhettopoli... 2
News Take a Number: The HPV Vaccine Gains Ground Amo... Sun VACCINES MAIM KILL 1
News Segregation lingers in US schools 60 years afte... Sun Porch Honkey 1
More from around the web