Mingo sheriff questions UK tickets, t...

Mingo sheriff questions UK tickets, tax break

There are 90 comments on the Charleston Gazette story from Mar 27, 2010, titled Mingo sheriff questions UK tickets, tax break. In it, Charleston Gazette reports that:

The Mingo County Commission approved spending $1,860 in county funds to buy 60 tickets to a University of Kentucky athletic event for Mingo County Judge Michael Thornsbury.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Charleston Gazette.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
TICKETS

United States

#1 Mar 28, 2010
This is what I am talking about. Take care of our county not another state. The county commission and judge are stealing us blind. What is going on here? I be he got to give the tickets to who he wanted to........ votes votes
Great

Gilbert, WV

#2 Mar 28, 2010
This is great. The roads where I live are falling apart and they spend the money to go to a ballgame. WONDERFUL!
voter

Pikeville, KY

#3 Mar 28, 2010
Surely, you must be mistaken. This is horrible. with everything that is needed in the communities.
OMG2010

United States

#4 Mar 28, 2010
I find it amazing that when ever an election is about to take place there is one person, even if he is not running, that certain people try to ATTACK. "The Honorable JUDGE Michael Thornsbury!" It wouldn't matter if the man built a golden stairway to heaven, Lonnie Hannah or Truman would try to knock it down. For instance, the "Work Release program" that the judge has put into place for the prisoners of Mingo County--- that was such a good idea that PIKE and LOGAN adopted it.. And the ignorant comments about UK tickets that the Mingo County commission,which the JUDGE is not a part of, helped fund along with PIKE co. which allowed children from both counties to have an experience that a lot of children from this area never get to have. And if infact this was such a big deal then why did Lonnie sign it and wait until now "Election Time" to bring it out? Is that what Truman told him to do? Isn't crazy how we as the "Mingo County people" showed by the votes of the last election that we do not support Truman, but then trust Lonnie Hannah, Truman's Right hand man,to keep our County safe..? hmmm
Why would he need votes when he does not have to run anymore.. he's getting ready to retire.. People just need to get the facts straight and open their eyes and see who the real corrupt politicians are in this County...
blue

Gilbert, WV

#5 Mar 28, 2010
lonnie is a jackass and hes theone that steeals money from the county in the the drug bust the money never makes it to the court house all the money he got off ben creek weres it at in his pocket
blue

Gilbert, WV

#6 Mar 28, 2010
truman is behind all of this .hes no good for the county and if u work for a coal mines hes no good for u because he sues everyone he get a chance at just ask around ask arh coal
Citizen Raising Cain

Teaberry, KY

#7 Mar 28, 2010
I remember when Mike first got in, he was on fire for this county. It seems as time has gone by he has become lax in his venom to fight for justice. It would seem to me he has let it go to his head and needs to get back to basics if he hasn't lost all of the peoples trust. We could use the old Mike if he still exists.
watch

Teaberry, KY

#8 Mar 28, 2010
blue wrote:
lonnie is a jackass and hes theone that steeals money from the county in the the drug bust the money never makes it to the court house all the money he got off ben creek weres it at in his pocket
It's not just Ben Creek, he got in when they sent Porgie off, I know there was money there, I know he got a bunch of money when they busted Jimmy Gooslin, look at all the busts in Gilbert, and then Williamson, then Ben Creek. Besides all the coal taxes and the money in grants from Truman we should have the best roads and schools around.
OMG2010

United States

#9 Mar 28, 2010
Citizen Raising Cain wrote:
I remember when Mike first got in, he was on fire for this county. It seems as time has gone by he has become lax in his venom to fight for justice. It would seem to me he has let it go to his head and needs to get back to basics if he hasn't lost all of the peoples trust. We could use the old Mike if he still exists.
He is still on fire for the county. But he always has to watch his back because of idiots trying to take him down.
sugar

Bluefield, WV

#10 Mar 28, 2010
if he is so honest why does he have to watch his back? the truth shall set you free!!!
watch

Teaberry, KY

#11 Mar 28, 2010
Some people will never learn. Usually it's the one's he's gotten off of something or helped out that attack you for speaking against him. He is not honest, and I can't understand why nobody on here ever says anything about he little slip-ups. Because I know there are more than just the ones I know.
Funny

Prestonsburg, KY

#12 Mar 28, 2010
Let me get this right...you stupid assholes are attacking Judge Mike Thornsbury, who is the most honorable man ever elected in this county. He is not running for any thing. He just won two years ago with nearly 90% of the vote. If he was so bad, many people would have challenged him and by far he would not have set a state and national record for percentage of votes earned in an election where someone else is running against him.
Let's face it, he is so far ahead of Hannah and Truman all they can do is throw dirty from the dust he is leaving in their face. Why does Hannah want to give up the sheriff's job when he has two more years? Why should we trust that he wants a less job with half the pay for 4 years when he will not complete his obligation for the sheriff's job. This is Truman's last election. Hootie will defeat him so bad that it will be another ten years before he visits Williamson...it has already been four years since he was here during the last election. Truman stay at your home in Charleston or please phone for direction if you want to visit. We would not want to see you heading north to the dog tracks so you and your fake with can get your picture in the paper again for what ...gambling?
well well

Teaberry, KY

#13 Mar 28, 2010
I am for Mike all the way I am a Close friend of his. I despise Lonnie and all he stands for. I have asked these same questions but everybody seems to be afraid of Lonnie and his sneaky ways. I read on here somewhere Lonnie signed the motion to give that tax break to Cline, but nobody wants to mention he was in on it. The simple fact is he probably pushed those dumbasses to do that so he could bring it up on them this election. I have taken up for Mike on here every chance I can.
sugar

Bluefield, WV

#14 Mar 28, 2010
i also have nothing for lonnie . thornsbury only sees what lonnie and the prosecutor present him.he needs to look deeper some times and inquire of the accused of the situations.not just take their WORD as gospel!!!!
Facts

Prestonsburg, KY

#15 Mar 28, 2010
The kids who went to the ball game have nothing to do with the Judge or the Commission other than they endorse and support the Upward Bound Program for Mingo and Pike Counties. The kid's were taken by Eugene Sisco, who runs the program and helps children who can not afford or do not get exposed to culture events. He does many things to help them. What was told to the paper was a lie. Hannah lied to the paper. Hannah lied on the Judge. I am sure the Judge is will now step in big time. Just one more reason we need to keep John Mark Hubbard. Go Hubbard!
well well

Teaberry, KY

#16 Mar 28, 2010
Facts wrote:
The kids who went to the ball game have nothing to do with the Judge or the Commission other than they endorse and support the Upward Bound Program for Mingo and Pike Counties. The kid's were taken by Eugene Sisco, who runs the program and helps children who can not afford or do not get exposed to culture events. He does many things to help them. What was told to the paper was a lie. Hannah lied to the paper. Hannah lied on the Judge. I am sure the Judge is will now step in big time. Just one more reason we need to keep John Mark Hubbard. Go Hubbard!
We seem to agree on quite a bit, I like your way of thinking. I am one of those people you see me, I am the same every time you see me. I have no patience for people who have to act like they are something that they are not. I have in-laws that turn my stomach for this reason. I think it's all in, what you have done for others and treated others, not only what you have. There is a lady at Walmart I love to talk to when I go in there, your views remind me alot of her, she's from outside Lenore.
Troubled

Prestonsburg, KY

#17 Mar 28, 2010
I am now sick. If he is going against the best man in the court house, then me and my family are not only going to vote for John Mark Hubbard and Hootie Smith but my whole family is going to work hard to support them. He is a joke.
well well

Teaberry, KY

#18 Mar 28, 2010
I hope that enough people have witnesssed his two-faced ways enough the when this election is over I will be able to go see the friends I have at the courthouse without sorrying about running into him. I can't bring myself to even be cordial to him he has turned me that much against him.I have ran into older campaigners that backed him and they just say they don't know what happened to him, that he is a chnged man, for the worst. If what the public says behind closed doors is true he's gone. Bye, Bye Mr. Hannah and happy trails.
Truth

Prestonsburg, KY

#19 Mar 28, 2010
I am very well acquainted with the judge. He is one of the most honorable men I have ever met. For those of you who don't know, the Upward Bound Program is a program for disadvantaged children. The program not only works with the educational needs of the students but also with the social needs of the students. The tickets in question were for a UK football game for the students. Judge Thornsbury did not know anything about the game or did not have anything to do with obtaining the tickets. Lonnie Hannah is a liar when he says he talked to the judge about these tickets. Nothing was mentioned to the judge about them. The first he heard about it was when the article appeared in the Charleston Gazette. It is time the residents of Mingo County see Lonnie Hannah for what he is.......a lying puppet controlled by Truman Chafins.
this is for children ppl

Paintsville, KY

#21 Mar 28, 2010
TICKETS wrote:
This is what I am talking about. Take care of our county not another state. The county commission and judge are stealing us blind. What is going on here? I be he got to give the tickets to who he wanted to........ votes votes
Stealing the county blind, r u kidding me? This is outrageous to me, this was a program to give children the chance to see something they wouldve never been able to see. This is just a prime example of old time politics. If it was an expediture that i questioned as treasurer, why wait til now to ask about it? If this was a tactic to get people to look down on the people who r in office and replace them with u, its a bad idea.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Child care choices limited for those working ou... 8 hr CodeTalker 13
News 2 Vt. men face sex crimes involving teens (Nov '10) 10 hr Sosick 5
News Talking to Your Children about Transgender 10 hr TerriB1 1
News Three Children Among 25 Undocumented Immigrants... 16 hr josh 12
News Deportation tears apart family of 9 21 hr Erich 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Mon Boro parent 32,019
News Joe Guzzardi: DACA Mires Donald Trump in Swamp,... Sun Wildchild 3
More from around the web