Silicon Valley holdout: 287-acre farm in the heart of sprawl on the way to becoming public park

There are 1 comment on the Inside Bay Area story from Aug 9, 2013, titled Silicon Valley holdout: 287-acre farm in the heart of sprawl on the way to becoming public park. In it, Inside Bay Area reports that:

When Walter Cottle Lester was a boy growing up on his family farm in the 1930s, thousands of acres of prune, apricot and cherry orchards bloomed across Santa Clara Valley.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Inside Bay Area.

Frank Gavin

San Jose, CA

#1 Aug 24, 2013
This man's generosity should humble all of us. This act of kindness, this altruistic gesture is so rare these days. We should send anthropologists to study this unique person and see how we could replicate this attitude among the rest of us. Do we even deserve such a blessing?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Minnesota kids too fat to fight, ex-generals say 1 hr LIbEralS 17
News Teachers strike hits Ontario's second-biggest s... 1 hr just in time 4 st... 1
News A horrifying reminder of what life without vacc... 1 hr tom wingo 2
News What I've learned from transgender clients: Psy... 2 hr zyondra 11
News Slain school principal remembered in Towanda (Jan '13) 5 hr VEG 2
News How to teach students not to do everything they... 6 hr tom wingo 2
News Peel Region secondary school teachers join grow... 8 hr Halton 1
More from around the web