Are lesbians more accepted than gay men?

Full story: Daily Chronicle

Joey Carrillo, a senior at Elmhurst College, holds his fraternity paddle April 4 in Elmhurst, Ill.
Comments
1 - 20 of 23 Comments Last updated Jul 27, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
commenters

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2013

Judged:

I wonder why that is?
reality is a crutch

Nashua, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

who gives a big fat rats rear end???

“ reality, what a concept”

Since: Nov 07

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Judged:

reality is a crutch wrote:
who gives a big fat rats rear end???
You apparently did sweetie, or you wouldn't have bothered to say anything.
justme

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

females are sexually stimulating no matter what and were use to not getting sex from them anyway
joey

El Monte, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

The pretty ones are but I don't think the ones that dress and act like boys are.
Broseph

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2013

Yes, lesbians tend to get an easier shake. From what I've seen as someone with gay and non-gay acquaintances, a lot of homophobia comes from hatred of women. A lot of times when a person brings up religion or natural law, 8 times out of 10, it's just a smokescreen to cover up how much they truly value the idea of women being second to men. They view gay men as taking up womanly traits, and it insults them, for they view women as lower. Lesbians don't get that same level of flack for they adopt things viewed as masculine. A woman can wear pants, play sports, and like guns, and she's okay, but if a guy wears a dress, people tend to go nuts. It's stupid.

Since: Mar 07

The entire US of A

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

I believe that's because women in general aren't threatened by the idea that another woman might be attracted to the same gender, and men, with their minds ever on female sex, find the idea interesting.

Gay men have the hardest time because many straight males are insecure and feel threatened by the very idea that there are other men out there who are attracted to males.

It seems to strike at the very idea of their own masculinity, and shake the foundation of what they believe MALE is.

And humans tend to strike out at things that confuse or scare them. It's all about fear and insecurity, I think, and women just just don't seem as threatening.
commenters

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Broseph wrote:
Yes, lesbians tend to get an easier shake. From what I've seen as someone with gay and non-gay acquaintances, a lot of homophobia comes from hatred of women. A lot of times when a person brings up religion or natural law, 8 times out of 10, it's just a smokescreen to cover up how much they truly value the idea of women being second to men. They view gay men as taking up womanly traits, and it insults them, for they view women as lower. Lesbians don't get that same level of flack for they adopt things viewed as masculine. A woman can wear pants, play sports, and like guns, and she's okay, but if a guy wears a dress, people tend to go nuts. It's stupid.
There's no such thing as homophobia. A more accurate term is homo-realistic. It means you know what they really are.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

commenters wrote:
There's no such thing as homophobia. A more accurate term is homo-realistic. It means you know what they really are.
Sweetie, with each obsessive-compulsive post you prove that not only prove that homophobia is real, but that it is a seriously debilitating mental illness. Get help while you can:

http://tn.gov/mental/recovery/crisis_serv.sht...

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

The AssTroll Stopper wrote:
Thanks for your input sweetie, but the poster I was replying to had already supplied more than enough proof that homophobia does in fact exist and is clearly a debilitating mental illness. You are just the icing on that cupcake.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

Only the rare Jillian Michaels-variety, Not the usual 400 pound Rosanne Barr-variety.
Andy

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Europa Report wrote:
Only the rare Jillian Michaels-variety, Not the usual 400 pound Rosanne Barr-variety.
Spot on!
Broseph

New Castle, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

commenters wrote:
<quoted text>There's no such thing as homophobia. A more accurate term is homo-realistic. It means you know what they really are.
Do you know any gay people in your personal life, or are an accredited expert on sexuality, with an MD or PhD?
Whip Cracka

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Does size matter to lesbians ? What's the preference ? Or gays for that matter. Just a thought.

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

I think so.

I am a lesbian trapped in a man's body.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

(as expected, nothing worth repeating)
Sweetie, I keep telling you that you're the last child on the short bus to be screaming that homophobia doesn't exist. Because you are not only proof that it does in fact exist, but it's an incredibly debilitating mental illness. Look at you buttercup, you're just a freaked out mess. Get help before someone slaps a 72 hour psych hold on you.
commenters

Knoxville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

There's no such thing as homophobia dumb a:ss. Ain't no one afraid of a filthy Queer. It's just another sign of your mental illness
I tell you what, the little Kansas ankle biter gets stranger and stranger ever day.

this one

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

commenters wrote:
Says the sexually obsessed troll who spends his days giving his semi-literate, empty-headed, flaming homophobic "insights" on a gay forum. Buttercup, you're getting weirder by the second.
Rambeaux

Philadelphia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Judged:

I Got nothing against lesbians. Heck, they enjoy the same things that I like. But homosexual men I just do not understand.

“Building Better Worlds”

Since: May 13

Europa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 26, 2013

Rambeaux wrote:
I Got nothing against lesbians. Heck, they enjoy the same things that I like. But homosexual men I just do not understand.
You don't like Barry Manilow posters ?!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Family Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amish farm kids have lower asthma, allergy risk (Mar '12) 1 hr WAKEFIELD WAS RIGHT 6
LGBT Movement's "New Morality": Making Gay Okay 1 hr Wondering 43
Restoration of cuts to Kentucky's child care as... 1 hr Seth Ashford 4
Arkansas grandparents gain stronger visitation ... (Mar '10) 2 hr Ark_Nonna 21
Many kids fall through gaps in dental care 2 hr Claire Reynolds 11
Watertown Pediatric Dentistry hosts open house,... (Aug '13) 3 hr Seth Ashford 4
10 Investigates: Teachers Caught Recording, Con... 5 hr They cannot kill ... 3

Search the Family Forum:
•••